PDA

View Full Version : Belgariad

belgareth
02-03-2009, 07:04 AM
@ Bel: is

your name a derivitive from the Belgariad or something else?
Ayup, it sure is. I used to raise wolf cross

breeds and I'm a crotchety old man. Some of my friends seem to think the name fits me. I had to read the books to

figure out why and was never sure whether to be amused or offended.:cheers:

kgk4569
02-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Be honored Belgarath is one of

my favorite characters. He is powerful without feeling like he has to constantly exert it. He has a great

personality, and is just all around fun. Eddings is a great writer, the only place his writing lacks is in his fight

scenes, they tend to be very cut and dry. He should write a book with R.A. Salvadore, it would be one of the most

amazing things to come off of the presses.

Anyways sorry for getting off topic.

belgareth
02-03-2009, 07:50 AM
We could split this out to open

discussion but I'll just ad that the 'writer' is actually David and his wife Leah. That would explain a lot about

his fight scenes.

To avoid dragging this topic down by off toppic discussion I'll mention that you can imagine

how I come across to others if that is how my friends see me. Can you see why I need to add humor to my public image

to improve relations?

kgk4569
02-03-2009, 08:03 AM
LOL! I would rather have the

personality and personal magnetisim of Belgarath than be any other man alive today.

belgareth
02-03-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't know if that's such a

great thing. It can intimidate people, if my friends are correct. But I do like the character. Sparhawk in their

other series is also a fun one.

kgk4569
02-03-2009, 10:40 AM
The only Books of his I don't

really enjoy are the recent ones. I also like the book Redemtion of Athalus.

Eddings makes some great

characters, that you can really know and identify with.

belgareth
02-03-2009, 12:04 PM
The books of theirs I read are

all the Belgarion and Blue Rose books, Althalus, Polgara and Belgareth. I haven't had a lot of time for reading

since then, at least not that type of reading. Too much work and not time enough to yawn properly.

kgk4569
02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
I read like a fiend.