PDA

View Full Version : Signalling extreme (male) aggresion

Nick666
01-17-2009, 11:16 PM
There were a couple of instances that I remember, were I was in the vicinity of some guys...and how should I put

it...I felt that they were dangerous. In the first case they were 3 big guys dressed in black leather and talking on

the street, and I thought to my self when I walked near them "I wouldnt wanna mess with them" .

Another instance

was when I was in a mall in a hi-fi shop and I was alone in an audition room and there enters this kinda skinny

normal dressed guy and the first thought when I saw him was (and I kid you not) "he's gona fuckin put a knife to my

throat and ask me all of my money". I really felt that I was in danger. I vividly remember this scene even now after

5 months and I think to my self he must've been some ex-convict or something...

What is that ? Androsterone?

Lots of androsterone ?

tribal
01-18-2009, 03:40 AM
It's likely that it is all by

the sense of sight, how big they are or how they behave or maybe physical appearance. Pheros could have possibly

enhanced that.

belgareth
01-18-2009, 06:33 AM
I think a person's looks has a

lot ot do with it. We are trained from a very young age to think certain things about the way a person looks. That

includes how they dress and how they act. Body language has a lot to do with it as well. Some people have body

language that says "I'm dangerous, don't screw with me."

I also believe that high levels of -none will put out

that sense, especially when combined with the body language.

Gegogi
01-18-2009, 12:50 PM
I agree, it's mostly you

reacting to the appearance and body language of these men. A large buff friend of mine often complains people are

afraid of him at first: little kids cry, young women flee and guys treat him very carefully. I told him he's too

serious looking and coupled with his size equals menacing appearance. He's working on smiling more, shaved his Foo

Manchu and wears brighter colored clothing. I told him to grow hair on his head. The skinhead look tends to impart a

mean and criminal vibe. He's actually pretty harmless. It's the small skinny sweet talkin' ones that nail ya when

you're not looking.

Nick666
01-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Yeah of course appearance

matters, but there has to be some pheromones involved in this.

Talking about my second experience that I

described, that guy as I said was wearing normal clothes, was built like me, and his face...I dont remember his face

but I think I remember it looked...uncared-for. But he only came in the room for like 40 seconds, he looked at some

speakers, said nothing, and then went back. There was no body language.

belgareth
01-19-2009, 04:37 AM
There is always body language.

We pick it up from the moment we first see a person.

But I do agree that there were probably pheromones

involved, most likely -none.

Rbt
01-20-2009, 06:34 PM
gegogi- tell your buddy that when he

wears bright clothes it may be best to avoid bright orange jumpsuits...
:thumbsup:

idesign
01-20-2009, 07:26 PM
gegogi- tell

your buddy that when he wears bright clothes it may be best to avoid bright orange

jumpsuits...
:thumbsup:

Talk about an OD! Body language takes on a whole new meaning in that scenario.

:(

That aside, I think it was A. Lincoln who said, upon rejecting an applicant to a post because of his sour

aspect, "each of us is responsible for his own manner of bearing", or something like that.

I think we each

present what we are inside of ourselves, good for good, bad for bad.