PDA

View Full Version : About LoveScent

stuttgart-man
12-18-2008, 09:57 AM
I am a member of

the pherolibrary for about two years and use mones from loveScent several times a week but I do not know anything

about Lovescent!

How can I imagine the LoveScent-company? Is it a well known company which is known for most

people (at least in the USA) or is it known for insider only?

Is LS a big company with thousands of employees in

a big building and listed in the S&P or is LS an inconspicuous small company in an extra room of a house with only a

few eployees?

Do I think right that LS is near Denver?

Have look about a link "about us" in the LS-page but I

could not find it and as I am very prying I have thought I open a thread about this :)

idesign
12-18-2008, 05:53 PM
S-M, this might help, or not,

but here's my take on the pheromone industry.

Synthetic human pheromones are a small "niche" area of scientific

study, with much disagreement among scientists about the mechanism of how they COULD work. There are competing

theories on how the chemicals even get to the right part of the brain to have an effect.

Studies about actual

successes of their effects are pretty good, but not very plentiful, and not nearly as useful as the anecdotal

evidence you read here, with a certain amount of common sense filtering of course.

All that to say that this is

an area of science where the "guinea pigs" (us) are way ahead of the research. The commercial side of this is

naturally small, cutting edge, and driven by a very few people who recognize the usefulness of a product before its

acceptance into mainstream society. Because of the vast number of unknowns about how they work, and the

complexities involved among those of us who do know, its not likely that you'll see a L-S counter at Macy's

(Harrod's, Printemps) any time soon. Large scale commercial enterprises would not know where to start in

formulating a pheromone product for mass appeal.

Reading between these lines, you may get an idea about the

pheromone industry, both scientific and commercial.

You've been a member for a while and understand what's

going on with using pheromones, and how different people have such different experiences. Just for fun, imagine

trying to build a multi-million dollar company based on what you read here. :) As a joke... your board of

directors would talk too much, have way too much respect for each other, and want to have sex immediately.