PDA

View Full Version : Question for Bruce...please help me identify what I've got

shawnk3
11-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Bruce- Do the markings on the bottom of the bottles mean anything? For example, I have a

10 ML dark glass container of either A7 or WAGG (can't tell which since I stripped the labels off) or possiby even

something else. The markings on the bottom of the bottle say "10 ml" and "63 *" although the asterisk looks more

like a period.

Is this a bottle of A7?

Thanks in advance.

Rbt
11-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I have both A-7 and WAGG. However

you may be out of luck otherwise because they are in near identical bottles. The 10mm is the capacity/size, and the

other number is a bottle manufacturer's mark that may identify the mold used to make the bottle and/or a

manufacturing date/batch. Neither one will help ID the product inside.

I also note the caps are the same too so

no help there.

Your only option may to figure out the diff by scent, if you have a way to check your bottle's

contents to a known product.

In future you may want to put some sort of coded labels on your bottles (I used to

see small colored adhesive "dots" available at office supply stores) BEFORE you pull the originals off. Or make some

sort of mark on the portion of the cap affixed to the bottle (marking the caps only works if you don't accidently

switch caps...)

idesign
11-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Rbt is right, the only way to

tell the difference now is by scent. WAGG will have very little scent, while A7 will be very distinctive. Or, you

could dose yourself with a few drops and observe reactions. :) WAGG will get you lots of conversation, and A7

might just get you a night to remember. Either way, why strip the labels? If you want a "stealth" bottle just

decant it into another and use Rbts colored dot system. Of course you'd have to remember the colors, not a good

idea at my age.

Rbt
11-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Either

way, why strip the labels? If you want a "stealth" bottle just decant it into another and use Rbts colored dot

system. Of course you'd have to remember the colors, not a good idea at my age.

Okay, just for us old

farts, here is one label idea.

Use a sticker of a dog or a cat on the bottle with it's tail sticking up.

Wag/WAGG .... get it?

Ow! Who threw that tomato?
:trout:

(The only thing coming to mind

right now for A7 is 7&7... and I don't even drink...)

idesign
11-28-2008, 06:11 PM
well then, graphically speaking

you could use a "tail sticking up" image if the the A7 has reached its desired goal. :) And I do drink, but

moderately if the need should have to arrive.

Aw bloody hell, why did I take this bait? :hammer:

shawnk3
11-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks guys. As to why I

stripped the bottles completely, I didn't....not really. I had a bottle of A7 and a bottle of WAGG. I left on the

piece of the label on the WAGG that says to apply to your clothes. Then I completely stripped off the label from

A7. That way, I knew the unlabeled bottle was WAGG and the other was A7.

So one of the two bottles broke and

left a VERY STRONG scent on my sink that lasted for 4 days. I threw the bottle away the same day (trash has been

picked up since then) without checking the label. The bottle that remains does not have a scent when I take a

whiff.

But here's the kicker....the bottle that's left is completely unlabeled...meaning it must be the A7.

I'm having doubts though...based on the strong scent the other bottle (WAGG) left on my sink and the fact that I

can't smell anything out of this bottle.

Thanks for the help anyway.