PDA

View Full Version : experimenting with NPA, again, after semi-retirement

neiltrain2
10-03-2008, 08:36 AM
hi,

I "retired" from the scene circa.2005 after some very VERY good years.

And without the benefit of any notes from the time, just memories of the successes, all I know is that I very often

had a bottle of NPA with me.

Since then, and after a period of inactivity brought about by actually having

all the girls i wanted and therefore not bothering about looking for new ones, I've tended to use oil-based

products.

I was therefore a little confused recently to get back into the NPA swing and realise i'd

forgotten how to apply "dabs". Drops of oil are easy, you massage them in. drops of alcohol-based NPA doesnt

actually seem to go anywhere, it's hard to spread/massage and my skin feels immediately dry so hard to tell if the

"dab" was enough.

So although i'll be playing with this, 2 questions:

1. the "NPA scent" well, enough

said. I personally love it cos it smells of NPA, but i realise 99% of the population don't share this view. Now,

does it matter how much NPA is applied, or does it just matter how badly it stinks? For example, if i were crazy

enough to apply 8 large dabs (have done before, and STILL got results) and covered it REALLY well with APC or a

cologne (APC always works as a cover, i find) would this OK smelling 8 dabs be more of a turn off than an uncovered

single dab? I mean, is it the CONSCIOUS smell of the NPA that is off-putting to girls, or is it the AMOUNT even if

they cant smell it?

2. using a roll-top bottle. Have started mixing again, Jambat, A7/APC and soon to test

A7/NPA.
But i'm used to using drops, not roll inches. And the rolltop bottles supplied by love scent seem to

leave a trail of pheros that isnt exactly wet. for example a drop of A7/APC oil based applied to a wrist can be

massaged into both wrists and is obviously "wet". this i cant do by rolling and rolling with the bottles.
So how

do i determine how much to roll to equal each drop i would have used?

thanks. neil

Rbt
10-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I know I have a little trouble

figuring application dosages with roll-tops as well, especially if the roller decides to stick and not turn, you

can't be sure how much you are getting. For "weaker" pheromone concentration products that may not be a big issue,

but for the more concentrated ones it can be. One "advantage" of a roller is that you often end up spreading the

stuff around more which can give more widespread diffusion (if that's what you want).

Your best option mwy be

to just purchase some empty dropper type bottles, or salvage an old one if you still have any.

Member Terry has

said he pulls the rollers out of the bottles and applies as "dabs." If you are more comfortable with that method of

application that may be a way to go.

As an aside, I've noticed that I got a DIHL from Alter Ego (drops), some

good reactions with Chikara and IFM (spray), but so far nada from any gel-based product. SoE is the only

roller-based I've had any real experience with and I can't say I've seen any firm reactions. I just started

playing with Master which is also roll-top, but it's too early to say if I'm getting any reactions. I still wonder

if application method (spray vs drop vs dab etc) has any "real" affect on performance.

If an article I recently

saw on AOL about percentages of singles in cities around the US is true, I can see one of my problems. Where I'm at

is listed in the BOTTOM 10 group (worst %-age) in the country. Waaaaaaaaaaah!
:frustrate

neiltrain2
10-05-2008, 06:34 PM
i put my SOE into a dropper

bottle and it started to get the hits...

prblem with NPA is that if i apply to my writst it starts to run all

dwon my forearm. if i dab i seem to lose all the wetness but the time i've appied in the right places.

i am

VERY tempted to mix well some NPA/A7 then can use drops. problem is i dont have any dropper bottle currently and

find it impossible to get the heavy amoutns that way.

i used to dab or just tilt up the bottle and apply to

wrists/behid ears but i dont want to OD, have done so befroe.

guess i need to just experiment, or pour some

of each into a bowl and take it from this.

dunno, the bottle for NPA seems designed for smilling too much,

and dabbing on fingertips seems to mean that none actually is left when i apply to skin so i';m tempted to apply

more.

well, that's 2 of us confused now....

...strangely 4-5 years i used to get mega-hits with NPA

and i'm sure that was due to very high concentrations ina packed nightclub- i doubt it would work in a one-one

situation.

Does anyon e know if mixing the oild/achol of A7/NPA would mix well in a bottle? NPA/APC does,

just fine, most will testify to that
:))

idesign
10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Good question neil, and good

response Rbt.

Personally, I'm convinced that dabbing, with drops, is the only way to dose with any accuracy.

I've pried, lifted, torn, ripped and otherwise removed every non-dropper-top bottle I have. I don't mix, but

layer, so none of the "mechanism" factors are a problem. If I were to actually mix products together, it would be

in an open or dropper-top bottle. Others here have great results creating custom mixes in atomizers and such. I'm

too lazy to do the math to be accurate with that method, not to mention the actual mixing.

neil, as for

NPA/scent, its my understanding that the stink is a wholly separate matter from the constituent chem that makes it

work. The smell is kind of a by-product. In other words, a stink OD is different than a -None OD.

neiltrain2
10-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi Idesign - Do You Mean I

Can Not Overdose On Npa As Long As It Will Covered?

I Used To Use It In Clubs And Can Safely Say That8 Huge

Dabs Could Work For Me.

Not Something I Would Try In A One-to-one Meeting, Of Course.

The Dabs I Hate

With Npa Because It Dries So Quicky, Hard To Know How Much Is On, And It Runs Allover My Fingers Before I've Had A

Chance To Apply Elsewhere.

Hate Roll Top Bottle Really Not Sure How Much Comes Out But The Result Isnt Wet

Like A Dab/drop So Maybe Only A Fraction,

I Far Prefer Drops Of Apc/a7 From The Bottles But Dont Know What To

Do About My Npa.

Do You Reckon If I Poured My Npa Into An A7 Bottle It Would Mix Well And Come Out

Consistently? Has Alwauys Worked On Jambat (npa/apc) But This Could Be A Very Experiment As I Intend To Use One Of

The Bottles To Test The Theory....

Wish Npa Came In A Dropper Bottle, Life Would Be So Much Simpler

idesign
10-06-2008, 04:14 AM
No, what I'm saying is to treat

the stink and the -None dose as separate issues. You can cover the stink of 4 drops as easily as 2, but you'll

still OD if you have too much -None on you.

If I wanted to mix, I would first rip the top from the NPA bottle.

Then get some empty dropper-top bottles and mix small batches until I got the blend I wanted. Mixing different

carriers could be problematic, or not. I don't see why NPA (alcohol) shouldn't mix well with an oil. As you

said, experiment.

Jambat Prime
10-06-2008, 02:20 PM
If you have an empty

"Liquid Trust" bottle NPA will spray evenly. One hit should do it. I use this for JB#1.

-The Bat

neiltrain2
10-06-2008, 03:08 PM
The Bat? The Real One? I am

a keen admirer of your work, sir...Jambat has for many years provided me with sensational hits:)

I can get

APC/NPA out of a roller bottle but dont like the doses, i need to get a dropper bottle or similar.

so, from a

prevoius post, it seems that oil/alcohol will ALWAYS mix well?

Jambat Prime
10-06-2008, 03:19 PM
LOL. Yes, I'm the real

one. Find a good atomizer that will give and even spray (the Liquid Trust bottle works awesomely and so does the TE

bottle). Do not buy the kind that shoots the liquid out in a straight line style spray but it should spray evenly.

One spray is all it should take - two sprays max. Spray inside from a raised angle.

Act approachable, walk by

and give a little smile. That works many times other times you may not have to even do that much. If you're sitting

by a woman a smile an old school "Do you have the time" will normally start a conversation. Sometimes you'll get

hits but the woman will not actually respond, but most times they do.

-The Bat

neiltrain2
10-06-2008, 05:08 PM
I STILL dont have an

atomizer bottle, i may have to find a dropper bottle or use an empty A7 bottle or somethign.

so, alcohol and

oil normally mixes well? i dont want any scenarios where the NPA separates and ends up in the top or bottom of the

bottle.

i was thinking of mixing A7 / NPA at about 1:1 which is hard as they are different to control, then

either using a cologne or APC as a cover... a little like Jambat #1 but with a subtle difference....

thanks

for your advice, o great one!

idesign
10-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Google "glass bottles

atomizers"

VINO
10-14-2008, 07:56 PM
If you

have an empty "Liquid Trust" bottle NPA will spray evenly. One hit should do it. I use this for JB#1.

-The

Bat

Do you spray straight NPA from this atomizer or do you mix it with another cologne?

Jambat Prime
10-14-2008, 08:36 PM
I mix it with APC.

neiltrain2
10-15-2008, 04:49 AM
the "Bat" has a point. i had

to fend them off with a stick after using the NPA/APC combo. i still use APC to cover most other

pheros.

still trying to work out the best: APC/A7 or APC/NPA. the point though is to ensure the APC covers

the stinky one.

DssMaster
10-15-2008, 11:16 PM
I

mix it with APC.

Hey Jambat, can you please share your experiences with NPA? Did it always works for you

as to getting sexual hits and/or social hits with it?

DrSmellThis
10-16-2008, 09:08 PM
LOL. Yes, I'm the real one. Find a good atomizer that will give and even spray (the Liquid Trust

bottle works awesomely and so does the TE bottle). Do not buy the kind that shoots the liquid out in a straight line

style spray but it should spray evenly. One spray is all it should take - two sprays max. Spray inside from a raised

angle.

Act approachable, walk by and give a little smile. That works many times other times you may not have to

even do that much. If you're sitting by a woman a smile an old school "Do you have the time" will normally start a

conversation. Sometimes you'll get hits but the woman will not actually respond, but most times they do.

-The

BatWelcome back, Bat! Long time no see!

Looking forward to your perspective on the "new issues of the

times". There's a few things I haven't tried yet. Have you tried any other new products? What did you think of

LT?