PDA

View Full Version : Covering Up NPA >.<

d3kst3r
10-03-2008, 03:57 AM
I've been

wearing 2 dabs of NPA on the neck for a while with about 5 sprays of deodorant and I'm still getting people

commenting that I smell. Anyone know any more methods to cover the piss smell up? It's starting to get

frustrating.

belgareth
10-03-2008, 04:00 AM
Use a nice cologne or an

essential oil instead of a deodorant. Most people have good results with the better commercial colognes. Pheros

works well for me as does Oud or Musk essential oils.

chris_etd
10-03-2008, 08:03 AM
I find that the NPA:SOE combo

works well. The SOE is strong enough to cover the NPA smell and they work great together.

neiltrain2
10-03-2008, 08:08 AM
what i have to say on this

matter, a subject dear to me, isn't rocket science:

1. the less NPA you use, the easier to cover. I've

found large doses can still be smelled after using, for example, AE

2. APC ALWAYS seems to cover it well. no

idea why, but it works

3. I tend nowadays to mix my NPA with an oil-based none product first so that I can

measure out "drops" as opposed to using NPA on it's own, it's easier to apply in smaller more manageable

amounts

4. I got MOST compliments while using Gucci as a cover scent (that, and APC). I've seen it

mentioned elsewhere too that Gucci seems a good cover scent....

d3kst3r
10-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Thanks for that tip. I'm

currently using 5 sprays of Lynx (AXE in the US) Africa spray on the neck and torso and surprisingly someone still

managed to sniff out the piss of NPA. Right now I'm thinking perhaps it's an isolated reaction from 1 very very

sensitive nose but if things continue I'll need to switch scents.

neiltrain2
10-03-2008, 08:38 AM
ah, "Lynx". I remember the

days........

not sure that'll take away the "piss" of NPA. i usually give my wrists a good sniff after an

hour or so of using any cologne, and i can STILL smell it if it's too much. it's a stubborn bugger, NPA, will

outlast most other scents.... I really DO think that mixing with APC in a bottle is the most effective cover i've

ever found.

idesign
10-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Agree with Neil about mixing NPA

with another product, not to mention that's what it was designed for. Or, you could just use TE at 1/5 the

strength and not worry. Its much much easier to dose.

Axe, and similar products, are pretty weak as covers.

They're pure chemical, and very shallow as scents go. What you get is poor cover and no longevity, even SoE will

long outlast itl.

Something like Neil's Gucci, or any one of scores of commercial colognes would work far

better. Technically, EDT is better than Cologne. They'll have at least *some* natural ingredients, and their

fragrance chems will be of a higher quality.