PDA

View Full Version : PI vs. time

**DONOTDELETE**
07-02-2001, 09:11 AM
Hello

Here is a little q for you guys (and gals)

Have any of you experience with a chance in smell from your pheromones due to \"aging\" ??

The story is that I have a bottle of OLD OLD PI (aprox. 1 years old). I can\'t smell the androstenone and in the beginning none of my friends could either. Then I met someone who can. So no big deal people would think. I thought so too. But in the last month I have met 5 more people who can detect the sweaty smell of PI. And 2 of them are female. This is the first time I have experienced that females can detect (and dislike) the smell of androstenone.

Could this be due to aging of the product??

Any comments are appreciated!

have fun

caz

**DONOTDELETE**
07-02-2001, 09:23 AM
I do not think this has to do with the age of the pheros as much as it is the sense of smell of the fems who did not like the scent. I have found only one person as of yet that really was put off by the smell of pheros. And that poerson is me dear old mom. It really kinda threw me that she at first said my deodorant was weak. Then the next time she said it was not BO but my cologne. So my brother who uses a different scent mix than I, placed his on and my mother said the same of him. She took it as a weak pee smell. So I think it is the person who is smelling rather than the age of the mones. Try to cut back a bit as PI is really really strong.

**DONOTDELETE**
07-03-2001, 05:20 AM
Caz, I have a bottle of unscented PI which would be the old new PI which is quite possibly very similar to, if not the same as the old old PI ... sheesh!!! Anyway, the point of all of this is that I can definately smell PI! And now I have no idea what else I was going to say. I can smell it. It smells like BO. I would not say that it is repulsive. But I should probably use less so that I don\'t have to smell it. Maybe if I use less, I will have better luck.

a.k.a.
07-03-2001, 08:43 AM
I\'ve tried the OLD old PI and the new PI and think they both smell like BO. With the new PI, the ylang ylang smell dominates for about an hour. After 4-5 hours they both smell the same to me.
On the other hand, it\'s not an un-natural (or pissy) smell. So it seems OK in very small quantities. In fact, I once had a girlfriend that liked the smell.