PDA

View Full Version : A questions about colognes that I plan to use as covers???

perfectdre
07-25-2008, 12:44 PM
I have david beckham's instinct, cool water, nautica, and nautica blue.

Is what I already have good as cover scents or should I invest in some that love scent has. I plan on ordering some

mones tomorrow and I am thinking should I get some dolce and gobanna or should I just stick with what I have? Is

dolce and gobanna better than what I have?

idesign
07-25-2008, 12:59 PM
The best scents to wear are the

ones you and the ladies like.

One suggestion would be to get some Musk Primal Oil from L-S and supplement your

cologne with a dab of it. Experiment at home to see if they're complimentary. Musk is a warm and engaging natural

aphrodisiac scent that may bridge the gap between the light scents you have and the sharp scent of pheromones.

perfectdre
07-25-2008, 01:08 PM
So

I could mix that with the cologne and use it as a cover over my mones such as edge, scent of eros, and maybe

npa?

idesign
07-25-2008, 01:19 PM
What I would do would be to put

a dab or drop of musk oil on my finger and apply it to where you're putting your -mones. Not too much oil. Then

apply your -mones and your colonge. I like to let each "layer" settle a bit before applying the next one, its

easier to get a feel for how it smells as a whole.

You definitely need to experiment with the scents at home to

make sure the work well together. No doubt one of them will. Good luck!

DrSmellThis
07-25-2008, 03:26 PM
The best

scents to wear are the ones you and the ladies like.

One suggestion would be to get some Musk Primal Oil from L-S

and supplement your cologne with a dab of it. Experiment at home to see if they're complimentary. Musk is a warm

and engaging natural aphrodisiac scent that may bridge the gap between the light scents you have and the sharp scent

of pheromones.

I'm not recommending against the musk primal oil, but just wanted to clarify that it is a

synthetic perfume chemical, not a natural substance.

idesign
07-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Point well taken Doc, I didn't

know that. A natural musk oil would be a bigger plus. However, the fragrances mentioned above aren't much in the

way of being natural.

perfectdre
07-25-2008, 04:49 PM
So should

i get the musk oil from love scent? or i could do without it and the mones i order will be enough?

idesign
07-25-2008, 06:19 PM
You can get by just fine without

the musk oil, there are many one the forum who use those colognes with success. I'm just a fragrance nut so I

always try to find ways to "improve" things. Best luck

DrSmellThis
07-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Unless you are interested

enough to learn about the art of perfumery and seduction -- and be willing to pay more for the best colognes; or for

natural colognes; and seek to compliment your natural body chemistry -- which depatment store cologne you choose

isn't relevant. It would be just a matter of taste and opinion. Does that make sense?

Groovyg
07-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Im curious Dr, do you wear your

own colognes or buy commercial stuff?

Im somewhat a cologne nut but Im too busy buying other things to branch

over ~$150 for a cologne

Pendragon
08-02-2008, 07:42 AM
The Dolce and Code covers from

the LS store are real good. Ebay is always a good place to find samples sizes and cheap full sizes for trying out

new colognes.

DrSmellThis
08-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Im

curious Dr, do you wear your own colognes or buy commercial stuff?

Im somewhat a cologne nut but Im too busy

buying other things to branch over ~$150 for a cologne

I mostly vary between my own stuff and old mixes

made by a perfumer aquaintance who was a big influence in teaching me the unique approach to natural pheromones.

Sometimes, I just want to stay clean and simple, and stick with a drop of sandalwood.

On ocassion I wear a Hermes

scent, Bel Ami. It's a really beautiful scent with woody, spicy, and musky qualities. The main note is labdanum,

which blends into a leather note. Definitely masculine and animalic; very compatible with romantic and sexual

"pursuits".

I used to wear Amouage, but someone ripped off my last bottle when I was stupid enough to leave it in

my car. I never bought more.

Which reminds me. In my opinion it is better to save up and wait for the scent you

really want. It's hard to be satisfied with anything but a scent that really fits your personality and chemistry.

You should be able to get a great cologne for significantly less than 150.00. My Hermes scent was only 75 bucks or

so, and it is world class.