PDA

View Full Version : chikara scented, can it cover unscented SOE

tbssftw
07-11-2008, 12:44 PM
is chikara scented a couple sprays enough to cover about 20" of unscented SOE, or would a cover be

appropriate for the SOE..
If a cover is needed for the SOE i would like one that doesnt clash w/ the smell of

Chikara..

I have Aqua de Gio which is supposed to be very similar smelling to Chikara scented and i also have

Armani Code..
which would you recomend i use as a cover if one is needed?
btw, im in houston so its hot and

humid

tbssftw
07-11-2008, 01:16 PM
also, if i get the scented SOE,

does the smell of the SOE clash w/ that of Chikara?
would i still need a cover if i go that route?

jomo
07-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey, I am passing through Houston

as I type this. Sitting in a hotel that is. I have the scented SoE and one or 2 sprays of Bond Riverside Drive

completely covered the SoE scent. I spent the last 2 days in San Antonio/Austin and used varied amounts of SoE from

2 inches to 20. I used about 15 inches on my two arms combined (short sleeve shirt and it irritated my wrist so

moved to arms) today. The SoE scent to me was slightly sweet and easily covered by my cologne.

FYI, I have been

using SoE on arms, back of hand and neck. Used my cologne on my clothing. So I never actually put the cologne on

top of the SoE and the cologne still easily covered the smell.

Others may have much more experience, but since i

am passing through Houston figured I would post my personal experience.

Gmoney
07-11-2008, 03:01 PM
I have unscented SOE and can

barely smell it with it right up against my nose. I think that if you wear the scented Chikara and are happy with

how long the scent covers the mones in the Chikara, then it should be enough to cover the SOE.

tbssftw
07-11-2008, 03:50 PM
thanks so much for the help

guys!!

has anyone had experiance with the smell of scented SOE mixed w/ scented chikara?

Gmoney
07-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Well, they're kind of similar

mones, Chikara has a bunch of stuff in it, but it's got alot of the same things as SOE, and is often used instead

of SOE, so they might be a little redundant. Chikara does have some None in it, but it's a relatively small

amount.

idesign
07-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Interesting how noses work, I

can smell even the slightest amount of any -mone through most cover scents. Change that to all cover

scents after an hour. To my nose, the smell is that obvious and tenacious.

I've learned that others can't,

so I fly-by-wire when dosing and covering. Of course SoE or C7 will smell less than a -none product, so covering

choices and doses change.

- tbssftw, between those two I would use Armani over the other one to cover any -mone.

Also, buy unscented products, it eliminates a variable.

- Gm, I've never been inclined to try it, but I've

read about success with SoE/C7 as a combo. A little redundant as you said, but C7 has some "secret" stuff that

tweaks a mix in interesting ways. Sooner or later I'll get around to trying some C7 combos in the same way I've

run SoE through the gauntlet.

- jomo, do you have other Bond fragrances? Which do you like best? You find that

the cover on the clothing works ok?

Gmoney
07-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I keep wanting to try my

C7 with A7, but I don't quite trust the C7 scent to cover A7, and my cover doesn't go well with C7. Maybe I'll

try it out anyway one of these days when I wanna go out and just screw around at some club. Cash has limited my

clubbing lately though...

MOBLEYC57
07-11-2008, 06:09 PM
is chikara

scented a couple sprays enough to cover about 20" of unscented SOE, or would a cover be appropriate for the

SOE..
If a cover is needed for the SOE i would like one that doesnt clash w/ the smell of Chikara..

I have Aqua

de Gio which is supposed to be very similar smelling to Chikara scented and i also have Armani Code..
which would

you recomend i use as a cover if one is needed?
btw, im in houston so its hot and humid

YES ... and

that's a good combo. Make sure you put some SOE on your neck pulse points and hit each side with a spray of Chika.

If you apply more ... you can put those where you want to.:run:

jomo
07-11-2008, 06:37 PM
- jomo,

do you have other Bond fragrances? Which do you like best? You find that the cover on the clothing works

ok?

It depends on what your expectations are. It's not the best cover, if you do not expect to smell

any of your mone product at all. I still get light wiffs of the sweet smell from SoE every so often. But I am

wearing polo shirts and my arms have tons (15-20") on. So when I swing my arm I may get a scent. I personally do

not notice a "bad" smell from the SoE and Riverside.

I will check when I get home and see what other bond

samples I have lying around. I only have the one bottle of Riverside as far as full bottles of Bond

products.

With a light scent like SoE I feel the Bond on the cloths is sufficient. I would really consider

applying my cologne over the product if it was stronger smelling or bad smelling. I have chosen not to do this, for

the better dispersion rate, by not covering directly. The light sweet smell doesn't bother me, when mixed with the

cologne smell. I will also be mixing up a batch of NPA with some Riverside and will let you know how well the

Riverside truly covers a strong -none smell.

idesign
07-11-2008, 07:52 PM
YES ...

and that's a good combo. Make sure you put some SOE on your neck pulse points and hit each side with a spray of

Chika. If you apply more ... you can put those where you want to.:run:

That's what I'm

looking for. Mobes, can you describe your results with the SoE/C7 mix? Social or sexual results? You don't cover

it? Need to know bro, I'm looking for a combo to "fit between the cracks" of purely social and purely sexual.

:cheers:

MOBLEYC57
07-11-2008, 08:36 PM
That's what I'm looking for. Mobes, can you describe your results with the

SoE/C7 mix? Social or sexual results? You don't cover it? Need to know bro, I'm looking for a combo to "fit

between the cracks" of purely social and purely sexual. :cheers:
Was not in the situation for it to be

sexual, but I did get a "stop, put her hands on her hips, and stare," and lots and lots of looks, and lots and lots

of smiles ... restaurant.

I don't do the inches ... I apply a gel pack to the neck pulse points and top of

hands and apply 4 sprays of Chika (1 to each side on the neck, 1 to the front, and 1 shared by the top of my hands.

You can boost it up to more of a sexual ... apply 2 drops of JB1, 1 drop of A7 or PI to your chin and jaw line.

Never used a cover ... BUT the PERFECT match FOR Chikara isssssssss Lacoste (the small bottle). It's Chika's twin

... don't tell anyone I told you this. I never share this kind of a SECRET. :run:

idesign
07-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Perfect report fella, but now

its YOU who is the tease! LaCosta? Do tell, I'm not familiar with it. Please speak freely, nobody's listening,

I've issued earplugs and banned eavesdropping.

I've always thought that Chikara's cover brother was Brut.

That's not a bad thing.

tbssftw
07-12-2008, 12:25 AM
YES ...

and that's a good combo. Make sure you put some SOE on your neck pulse points and hit each side with a spray of

Chika. If you apply more ... you can put those where you want to.:run:

thanks buddy,,
i think im going

to go with all unscented (C7, SOE, NPA) b/c although C7 covers SOE, i might want to add some npa into the mix in the

future.. Now Chikara covering nol and -none is questionable..

If i go all unscented i can use the same cover no

matter what i am using.. i like Armani's Aqua de Gio for casual and Armani's black code for formal...
and by

going that route i dont have to worry about clashing of the scents in SOE, C7, or my cover

Gmoney
07-12-2008, 12:42 AM
I've decided to go to the club

tomorrow, and go with 4 sprays C7, with 1 drop A7, no cover. Scented C7, which I adore, lets hope it does the

trick!

I'll report back...

MOBLEYC57
07-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Perfect

report fella, but now its YOU who is the tease! Lacoste? Do tell, I'm not familiar with it. Please speak

freely, nobody's listening, I've issued earplugs and banned eavesdropping.

I've always thought that

Chikara's cover brother was Brut. That's not a bad thing.

Brut!?!? They have two totally different

smells ... unless the scent has recently changed. There is something clogging up your nose fer sure! :rofl:
:rofl:

I wouldn't buy it from here ... just found it on the net so that you'd know which one of the Lacoste family

it is. http://www.99perfume.com/Lacoste/LACOSTE_POUR_HOMME_Cologne.html

MOBLEYC57
07-12-2008, 08:01 AM
I've

decided to go to the club tomorrow, and go with 4 sprays C7, with 1 drop A7, no cover. Scented C7, which I adore,

lets hope it does the trick!

I'll report back...

If you have SOE ... do yourself justice and apply

a bit before putting on everything else. :drunk:

tbssftw
07-12-2008, 05:44 PM
so after all my searching i

found that my cover scents go great w/ scented SOE but not so much w/ scented chikara..
brings up a new

question:
if i layer 6" scented SOE and then 2 sprays unscented chikara on top on my neck pulse points, would i

spray my cover scent on top of those while staying on my neck or would a spray on my shirt close to my neck be

sufficient?

and since SOE goes so well wit my covers i was thinking 7" SOE on both forearms with one spray of

the cover scent rubbed together

idesign
07-12-2008, 06:52 PM
I like covering directly onto

the -mone application points. First, it helps dispersion in the short term. Second, it eliminates the chance of

someone catching a whiff of straight -mone should they get in close. Also, spread your applications around as much

as possible ie neck, wrists, inside elbows and top of hands. That last one is a great spot if you move your hands

around a lot like I do.

tbssftw
07-12-2008, 07:36 PM
thanks so much!
i was kinda

worried about having SOE, and C7 and a cover all on my neck pulse..
20" SOE or more has to be spread around somehow

;) haha

MOBLEYC57
07-12-2008, 07:49 PM
so after

all my searching i found that my cover scents go great w/ scented SOE but not so much w/ scented chikara..
brings

up a new question:
if i layer 6" scented SOE and then 2 sprays unscented chikara on top on my neck pulse points,

would i spray my cover scent on top of those while staying on my neck or would a spray on my shirt close to my neck

be sufficient?

and since SOE goes so well wit my covers i was thinking 7" SOE on both forearms with one spray

of the cover scent rubbed together

If it was me, and it's not, I'd spray the front and back of my

neck, and one to my shirt's chest point with the cover scent.

Still, it's all about experimenting ... then

deciding what's working for you and sticking it in your WHAT WORKS FOR ME recipe book. Tis gud having lots of

recipes to decide from. Change is guuuuud! Change is guuuuuud! :drunk:

P.S. I'm beginning to think that

placement has a lot to do with things ... If you're tall, the forearms could work, but if you're short, the neck

and chest should be your application points. Just a thought. :blink:

belgareth
07-12-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm medium at 5' 8" and have

had great results with my forearms. But I never wear long sleeves and like short women. Like ID, I cover the mone

application with whatever scent I am wearing.

tbssftw
07-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Hey mobley, with one spray of

the cover directly on the two sprays of chikara on my neck pulses it covers it all in terms of area..
i see how the

one spray armani aqua de gio/black code on the chest could cover the one spray unscented chikara on the chest, but

wouldnt the spray on the front and back of the neck still stink?
can you explain your reasoning a bit further, im

still learning all this and all the noob stuff isnt getting into these finite details haha

MOBLEYC57
07-13-2008, 06:27 AM
Hey

mobley, with one spray of the cover directly on the two sprays of chikara on my neck pulses it covers it all in

terms of area..
i see how the one spray armani aqua de gio/black code on the chest could cover the one spray

unscented chikara on the chest, but wouldnt the spray on the front and back of the neck still stink?
can you

explain your reasoning a bit further, im still learning all this and all the noob stuff isnt getting into these

finite details haha

I don't fear the STANK of the mones. Not saying that I'm right, and it's all

about testing, applying the mones to the pulse points and spraying your cover to the front of your neck should

control the STANK, if you asked me. Until I hear "you stink" or "something smells bad" that's how I wear it. Now,

if it was EOW ... hell yeah! Cover it up and cover it up fast! :rant:

Test one week without covering the spot,

and test a week of covering the spot and see if you notice a difference. TEST TEST TEST TEST.

You can only read

other peoples ideas ... tis YOU that have to experiment and find out what works for you ... shirt and tie or just a

shirt.

I'm MobleyC57, and I approve this post. :wave:

Bel, I see what you're saying, and you always makes

sense. Still ... unless one is in an enclosed environment, I think you should adjust your application points. I

don't think Shack would do too well applying mones to his neck in an open environment, but in a closed one ... car

... house, he may get better hits. He should probably apply to his knee caps while out and about. :rofl:

idesign
07-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Brut!?!?

They have two totally different smells ... unless the scent has recently changed. There is something clogging up

your nose fer sure! :rofl:

I wouldn't buy it from here ... just found it on the net so that you'd know

which one of the Lacoste family it is.

http://www.99perfume.com/Lacoste/LACOSTE_POUR_HOMME_Cologne.html

Its all clear now kind sir...

I misread your post (no glasses) and thought you'd said something different.

The LaCoste that I know

is in the green bottle with white plastic on the front. I dare say old chap that that one's not too

far from Brut, or C7, kind of 70s fougere. Noses are funny! Every time I wear C7 I think of Brut until I get my

cover on.

BTW, IMHO, any woody fragrance is good to cover C7, YMMV, LSMFT, MSRP, etc.

idesign
07-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Still, it's all about experimenting ... then deciding what's working for you and sticking it in your WHAT WORKS

FOR ME recipe book. Tis gud having lots of recipes to decide from.

More sage wisdom from the

MOBLEYC57 archive.

I've toyed with the idea of starting a thread with the most quotable quotes ever writ in

these pages. You got a bunch of 'em.

Gmoney
07-13-2008, 10:50 AM
I've

decided to go to the club tomorrow, and go with 4 sprays C7, with 1 drop A7, no cover. Scented C7, which I adore,

lets hope it does the trick!

I'll report back...

Zilch, zip, nada. Weird, I've always had more

success with C7... The club I went to had like 3 batchelorette parties going on, so the girls were in their little

huddles, and they were all being friendly enough, but nothing sexual. Well, ok, a couple mild hits that probably

would've been grind dances if they hadn't been there for the bride to be.

It was funny though, one butch girl

got all in my face thinking I was hitting on her little gaggle, when in fact, her gaggle was never my target, but it

was a small club, so she obviously saw me around alot.

idesign
07-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Gm, I hate when that happens.

The girls are too conscious of potential gossip should they cut loose and have fun. Don't want to taint the

festive conjugal atmosphere with scandal and all. As the saying goes, "a bird that leaves the gaggle may be good in

the bush, but not in the nest", or something like that. ;) Bad scene for us.

Your post illustrates another

point about wearing Pheromones. There are a lot of factors that effect whether or not you get hits. General

"atmospheric conditions" are but one of them, if that makes sense.

tbssftw
07-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Zilch,

zip, nada. Weird, I've always had more success with C7... The club I went to had like 3 batchelorette parties

going on, so the girls were in their little huddles, and they were all being friendly enough, but nothing sexual.

Well, ok, a couple mild hits that probably would've been grind dances if they hadn't been there for the bride to

be.

It was funny though, one butch girl got all in my face thinking I was hitting on her little gaggle, when in

fact, her gaggle was never my target, but it was a small club, so she obviously saw me around alot.

from

reading around so much, i think a spray less of c7 and a little SOE could have yielded a bit better results w/ the

a7

Gmoney
07-13-2008, 12:38 PM
I did add some SOE, but frankly,

I don't think OD was my issue. I had lots of friendly reactions, one guy and his wife were super friendly just

from ordering a drink next to them. They ended up buying me a beer(she was hot!) before they left.

Another girl

slipped on the floor so I helped her up and it kind of put me in the middle of that batchelorette party. Within 5

minutes the bride to be was telling me how she was a virgin and her hubby was gonna pop her cherry in a week.

Seriously, who tells random strangers that kind of shit? And the girl that I helped up gave me such lingering

squeezes that there definitely woulda been something had it not been a batchelorette thing(she was hot too!)

I

actually think my natural None output is unusually low, I tend to get the "friends" reaction more than most people,

from guys and girls. My next experiment is going to be just a drop of a7, with nothing else to buffer it but a

cover.

tbssftw
07-13-2008, 01:54 PM
lol awsome!

Kmac
07-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Interesting stuff...I've

personally never had any problem or worries with OD with SOE, I'm not sure if you can OD on SOE ??? Anyone? I've

taken my applications of A7 to the max, and can safely and effectively apply 3-4 drops (behind the ears + wrists) so

long as I wear it with SOE...To date I have never concerned myself with any cover scent using these products, have

never gotten any bad results, and get numerous hits...Go figure?:blink:

However, I recently bought some NPA,

which I'm intending to mix with Brut, we'll see how that goes!?!?

Gmoney
07-14-2008, 02:06 PM
I did away with the SOE and went

just one drop of A7 for a swing dance class yesterday. Good results from very young women(too young) with no

alcohol in the picture, so that's looking good for my theory. I figure the swing thing is an ideal test, close

contact with lots of different women.

Next step is to up it to 2 drops and see what happens.

Kmac
07-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Good luck with your two drop test

with the good ole A7!! It will be interesting to see if the young things you described start getting coy around you

and if the older crowd pays you more attention??? That's what pretty much happens to me when I use two drops of

A7.