PDA

View Full Version : Women's responses and menstrual cycle

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2002, 02:50 PM
No matter what you\'ve got on, how good you are feeling, how fit and attractive you are, if she is PMSing your probably outa luck. But if she is mid cycle or ovulating you might not have to try so hard. I know two women whom I have been dating who thankfully menstruate at opposite times of the month. I am careful to time how I approach each of them and I know that they are both more willing and more acutely aware of my scent in that 5 to 7 day window beginning 1 week after they start their periods. Anybody else have any experience to share on this subject?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2002, 03:16 PM
Yes Artisreal has a valid point. It has been mentioned here from time to time about fem ovulation cycles and pheros. So those who like heavy \"none\" products..watch out! I have a fem friend, anmd when she is on the PMS (Week before and during) she gets really bitchy when I wear NPA or PI. But when in club settings 25% - 50% will be in this PMS week before and during thing...so be careful...LOL

TCO

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2002, 07:59 PM
Thats when they get nasty just the women i work with and female friends react more negative to pheros at least a period during each month (PMS thing) actually ive had noticed that women that are pregnant also react negativley so if she doesnt know it yet but she reacts different to youre pheros well she is either PMS or pregnant. On another front it seems that those that respond well are at the fertile time of the month so the theroy is right on track guys. Links back to that limited reproductive thing and weeding out the unwanted ones (that is us males) explains some of the behavioural responses to. In the long run though 97% of men get their end in at least once in a lifetime and what 70% of people are in a relationship at one time or another so that takes most of us out. For the rest well it \"probably\" will happen sooner or later the synthetic pheros help though.

PHP 87
02-20-2002, 10:50 PM
http://www.salon.com/health/sex/urge/world/2000/04/17/sweat/index.html (\"http://www.salon.com/health/sex/urge/world/2000/04/17/sweat/index.html\")

\"The British study also revealed that women were particularly susceptible to underarm pheromones if they were not taking the oral contraceptive pill and were in the middle of their menstrual cycle. In other words, women on the pill could be missing out on the exciting allure of an ugly man\'s pits.\"

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2002, 06:51 AM
When clubbing with pheros I usually go for women who display more skin by the way they dress, as this has been showed to correlate with the time of ovulation. At first I thought this might lead to approaching more loose women, which isn\'t exactly what I\'m looking for. Then I thought another way to go about it is instead to try to figure out which women display more skin than usual given their \"type\". In trying to do so there is of course some speculation, but it could be cues such as the way they act, what their friends look like and wear etc., and then adding how much skin is displayed.

jvkohl
02-21-2002, 10:09 PM
Most, if not all, of the recent studies that show correlates between pheromones and behavior/mood/physiology have controlled for menstrual cycle phase. The scent/symmetry link is only at ovulation. The hormonal change in LH (in women) is found only at ovulation with exposure to axillary secretions from men. Also, men prefer the scent of ovulatory women. Karl Grammer showed that ovulatory women display more skin. Of lesser notoriety is that ovulatory women prefer men with darker complexions. The darker complexions of men correlate well with testosterone levels, which correlate well with male pheromone production. We (e.g., including Karl Grammer) discussed some of this in a recent Neuroendocrinology Letters article, and I\'ve added some details in the yet to be released updated version of my book: The Scent of Eros.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-22-2002, 12:25 AM
So as my thinking goes the effect of rone also my signafy an increased sex drive which would be benefical to women because it would mean they could get \"bonked good\" by somenone that might not be a high level alpha male hey thats the effect all nol is giggles rone is super sex none is alpha male top of the top.