PDA

View Full Version : *Pheros* Concentrate inquiry

DrSmellThis
06-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Greetings.

It's time to bottle more Pheros, and I am again taking all of your pulse to find out how

many bottles of concentrate to include with the shipment.

This will be the last shipment, and the last of the

product, so I just want to get a feel for things.

The concentrate is 7ml instead of the 18ml of the cologne, but

contains exactly the same amount of ingredients except for the extra water.

The full cologne version probably

smells best, IMHO (past users of the concentrate might agree or disagree). The concentrate is designed to store

better (away from heat, light, oxygen exposure, and impurities), thought there is no specific data to back up this

hypothesis.

You could add your own water to the concentrate with good results if you wanted. But the pure

distilled water I'm going to add will be superior in that it's specially treated with some of the perfume before

mixing ("prefixed"), theoretically adding to the life on your skin; as compared to adding your own water.

What

say ye all?

Pendragon
06-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Is the Pheros concentrate

meant to mixed with another cologne?

Rbt
06-15-2008, 06:48 AM
I may not be the best one to answer,

as I am really conservative with Pheros. It's just too much of a "special occasion" thing for me. Almost "too

good." I bought a bottle years ago shortly after I joined up here and I still have about 80% left, plus another

bottle in reserve.

However in general I will say I usually prefer "ready mixed and set to go" products over the

concentrates.

Plus I sorta want to get the product as the "artist" intended, "finished" (although I suspect no

artist ever considers one of their works really ever finished). A concentrate almost makes me think of it as an

"unfinished" kit. To extend the artist analogy, it's the difference between a hung gallery work and a paint by

number. The original artist provides the outline and the paint, but it will lack that final "touch" from the soul.

(Gawd am I being "heavy" today or what?)

Pendragon
06-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Thats what I was wondering if

there was any benefit to the concentrate over the regular version.

I would think the version w/ water would be

better since its ready to go and doesn't need further prep.

I'd like to try either one. The reviews for it

sound great. I haven't tried it yet just from the higher cost relative to other products. Although, if this is the

last call for it then get it while its still there.

DrSmellThis
06-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Thats

what I was wondering if there was any benefit to the concentrate over the regular version.

I would think the

version w/ water would be better since its ready to go and doesn't need further prep.

I'd like to try either

one. The reviews for it sound great. I haven't tried it yet just from the higher cost relative to other products.

Although, if this is the last call for it then get it while its still there.Of course, the fully mixed

version is ready to go and easier to use. It is the version you should get if your only motive is to get some

perfume.

But if you want to save some away, my hypothesis is that the greater alcohol concentration in the

concentrate (as opposed to adding the rest of the water), and the concentration itself; should preserve it longer.

If you are buying more than one bottle, the concentrate might be a good option.

You can always add your own

distilled water (11ml water to make 18ml total) with good results. I assume that everyone who buys the concentrate

would eventually dilute it, but there might be a collector or three among you who would wait indefinitely to dilute

it. Oscar comes to mind.

I will also be giving guidance on how to eyeball it approximately, for those who don't

want to measure 11ml exactly.

When I use Pheros, I always use it diluted to final strength. I do think it

works best at that strength, and ratio of water to alcohol.

idesign
06-16-2008, 05:35 PM
I'll sign up for another bottle

of concentrate Doc.

Pendragon, the non-concentrate version is definitely easier to wear. Though its the same

scent, its softer and more predictable than the concentrate. The constituents release more seamlessly, more like a

commercial scent would.

But if you're a hard-core perfumista, you need to get both versions. For me, the

concentrate tells a story in chapters, with notes more readable individually.

In no way is one version better

than the other, just different wearability effects.

I wear the concentrate when covering -mones, and the regular

version on its own. I don't know why, just seems to work.

My g/f loves Pheros, and wears it with the tiniest

dab of Jasmine EO (thanks Doc). I like it too. ;)

that1guy
06-17-2008, 03:39 AM
Im interested in getting a

bottle of the regular (nonconcentrate) stuff. :)

MOBLEYC57
06-18-2008, 07:14 PM
What's the ETA date, Doc? I

missed out on the last batch. :blink:

idesign
06-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Mobes, you do NOT want to miss

out this time. Pheros is a must have for your collection.

Speaking of which, I just scored the coolest "pen"

spray of real Black Code. Its an 8ml spray in a cylinder with a cap like a fountain pen. Just thought I'd make

you jealous. You gotta get on ebay my friend.

Diverdown
06-19-2008, 02:37 PM
I'll take one concentrate

and a couple of the regular

DrSmellThis
06-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey Mobes,

I'm thinking

within the next couple weeks. I've already started bottling, and have been working a while on the various tasks; so

it won't be long.

I'll let you all know when it gets closer to completion.

Mobes, I bet Bruce would be happy

to hold a bottle or two back for such a valuable forum member as yourself! :) What do you see yourself wanting?

MOBLEYC57
06-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey

Mobes,

I'm thinking within the next couple weeks. I've already started bottling, and have been working a while

on the various tasks; so it won't be long.

I'll let you all know when it gets closer to completion.

Mobes,

I bet Bruce would be happy to hold a bottle or two back for such a valuable forum member as yourself! :) What do you

see yourself wanting?

If a couple of weeks means around the 5 of July ... I would have time to collect

enough cans to purchase at least 3 of regular brew, Doc. \o/ Hope Bruce is in his GOOD mood. :angel:

Being the

last batch just doesn't sound right. :sad:

Idesign ... have you no shame!?!? :) The only thing worse than a

tease is a pretty tease!

belgareth
06-20-2008, 12:19 PM
I've got two bottles of the

mixed and one of the full strength. If you haven't purchased some of one or the other you are missing out on a

great product. Be sure you get it before it all runs out.

Diverdown
06-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Greetings.

It's time to bottle more Pheros, and I am again taking all of your

pulse to find out how many bottles of concentrate to include with the shipment.

This will be the last shipment,

and the last of the product, so I just want to get a feel for things.

The concentrate is 7ml instead of the 18ml

of the cologne, but contains exactly the same amount of ingredients except for the extra water.

The full cologne

version probably smells best, IMHO (past users of the concentrate might agree or disagree). The concentrate is

designed to store better (away from heat, light, oxygen exposure, and impurities), thought there is no specific data

to back up this hypothesis.

You could add your own water to the concentrate with good results if you wanted. But

the pure distilled water I'm going to add will be superior in that it's specially treated with some of the perfume

before mixing ("prefixed"), theoretically adding to the life on your skin; as compared to adding your own

water.

What say ye all?

Will you have larger sizes of the cologne available for sale as well (cheaper

per ml then the smaller bottles)?

Is the list of ingredients identical to the previous compilation?

Many

thanks.

DrSmellThis
06-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Yes, of course; most of the

bottles will be the larger, fully diluted size. (Actually the bottles themselves are the same size; just filled

differently.)

Ingredients are identical to the last bottled version.

The only difference, I think, is that the

maturity of the perfume continues to make the perfume more defined as to what it is. It makes a bit more sense to

the nose with each bottling, IMHO.

For example, in this version it is easier to detect the way the touch of pine

and black spruce (a little known aphrodisiac and enhancer to sexual "kidney chi" in aromatherapy) notes add an extra

dimension to the top end of the woody note.

I also think the spice note is easier to understand, such as the bay

rum note (also a well known traditional aphrodisiac, especially in occult traditions).

The civet also seems more

prominent; adding an animalistic edge to the top note, and pervading the entire accord.

These changes result,

essentially, from the extra time the concentrate sat in the heavy alcohol base; resulting in a bit more liberation

of the top note. If I think of it, when I notice more developments, I'll post them. These are just off the top of

my head.

But the ingredients, again, are exactly the same.

Bottom line: It's still Pheros, and is

still pleasing to the nose. :)

Kev
06-25-2008, 06:14 AM
I'd like to sign up for two

bottles.

DrSmellThis
06-25-2008, 04:10 PM
I'd like to

Remember, this thread is

to get indications of interest for the concentrate. It is not necessary to "sign up for" or preorder the regular

Pheros perfume.

Kev
06-25-2008, 08:21 PM
The concentrate, Doc.

MOBLEYC57
06-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Doc ... What's the prices for

both going for this last trip around, or are they the same ... can you say? :blink:

DrSmellThis
06-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Doc

... What's the prices for both going for this last trip around, or are they the same ... can you say?

:blink:I know of no price changes at this time, but prices are set by Bruce. Sorry I can't be more

specific.

So it's looking like I should put at least ten bottles of concentrate in the shipment. Since it's a

special interest item, I don't want to go short on the regular bottles.

If anyone else wants to speak up about

it, they should do it soon.

It's a bit sad, to be honest, to see the supply run out.

Sodbuster
06-26-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm

planning to buy
A Pheros bottle (or two
Depending on price).

I'll be going with the regular

version. I don't really like messing with concentrates, simply because I don't have time for the trial and error

that goes with them.

Rbt
06-27-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm honestly not sure if I will be

ordering the concentrate as I still have at least 1.5 bottles of the "standard" mix. In fact I may not be ordering

more Pheros at all as I like to hold it for special ocassions and there's no sense in me hoarding a supply when

others should be benefiting from this wonderful product. I'm sure my heirs will not have a clue what to do with

it... It's a secret that will go with me to the grave.

In fact maybe I'll have what remains buried with me. Be

the best smelling dude no matter which afterlife I end up in...

DrSmellThis
06-27-2008, 05:28 PM
It does contain a lot of oud,

which has been used traditionally to anoint the dead.

It was reputed to have been used for that purpose on some

guy named Jesus from Nazareth.

idesign
06-27-2008, 05:37 PM
In fact

maybe I'll have what remains buried with me. Be the best smelling dude no matter which afterlife I end up

in...

Whoever that after-person is, they'll compliment you on your good taste.

idesign
06-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Yes,

of course; most of the bottles will be the larger, fully diluted size. (Actually the bottles themselves are the same

size; just filled differently.)

Ingredients are identical to the last bottled version.

The only difference, I

think, is that the maturity of the perfume continues to make the perfume more defined as to what it is. It makes a

bit more sense to the nose with each bottling, IMHO.

For example, in this version it is easier to detect the way

the touch of pine and black spruce (a little known aphrodisiac and enhancer to sexual "kidney chi" in aromatherapy)

notes add an extra dimension to the top end of the woody note.

I also think the spice note is easier to

understand, such as the bay rum note (also a well known traditional aphrodisiac, especially in occult

traditions).

The civet also seems more prominent; adding an animalistic edge to the top note, and pervading the

entire accord.

These changes result, essentially, from the extra time the concentrate sat in the heavy alcohol

base; resulting in a bit more liberation of the top note. If I think of it, when I notice more developments, I'll

post them. These are just off the top of my head.

But the ingredients, again, are exactly the same.

Bottom

line: It's still Pheros, and is still pleasing to the nose. :)

As an end user I have to agree

with Doc's assesment. I managed to acquire a "vintage" bottle of Pheros from a forum member, and

also have some of the last-released batch. Its maturation is both obvious and pleasing. From your comment here Doc

I can't wait to try the latest batch.

Current perfumery trends tend toward "Light" versions of old products, to

their discredit. Gone (or reformulated) are the deep, sultry animalic sexy scents of the 20's through the 50's.

The 60's brought Patchouli, the 70's oriental overload, the 80's confusion. The 90's overreacted with

chemical cleaners, a bright future with no soul.

The millennia brought niche perfumery and perfume houses in

abundance. Suddenly there was a scent for every perceived nuance, real or imaginary.

The Big perfume houses hit

or miss, subject to the tension between their accounting depts and the creativity of their hired noses.

Niche

perfumers have a better chance at creating a great perfume, but so many are subject to ego and thus triviality. A

few good perfumers have left the big houses for creative freedom. Not all of them are good, a few are.

The

same holds true for natural perfumery. I've tried many of them, and most are not wearable. What they hope to

accomplish in a perfume comes across mostly as an acceptable room spray.

All that to say that we have a

remarkable opportunity with Pheros. It bridges the gap between what modern perfumery has left empty

and what classical perfumery once strived for: pure attraction.

The fact that its formulated with natural

constituents which are historically proven attractants is a bonus.

As it matures, Pheros seems to

be getting better, not lighter.

Doc, I've always caught the pine and spruce blending nicely with the spice. Its

a perfect transition from top to middle. You have to be very attentive to catch the civet, it works underground as

it should. Pheros never ceases to amaze me.

Pendragon
06-28-2008, 06:11 AM
I'd lean more towards the

concentrate version being its the last run. Get as much of the base as possible since distilled water is going away

soon.

MOBLEYC57
06-28-2008, 07:31 PM
If it's not too late ... I'm

wanting ONE of the concentrated brews, too, Doc.

Scary to know it's the last of the last. Might as well enjoy

being one of the ONEs. \o/

Is there going to be a limit on how many of the regular brews one can purchase?

DrSmellThis
06-28-2008, 08:34 PM
That would be a good question

for Bruce, as I don't control what happens once it leaves my lab.

He might be open to limiting the whole

hoarding thing; I don't know. I doubt he's worried about selling the stuff in any case.

Gone
06-29-2008, 10:55 AM
I'd like a bottle of

concentrate.

Thanks,

MOBLEYC57
06-29-2008, 02:19 PM
If it's

not too late ... I'm wanting ONE of the concentrated brews, too, Doc.

Scary to know it's the last of the last.

Might as well enjoy being one of the ONEs. \o/

Is there going to be a limit on how many of the regular brews

one can purchase?

Bruuuuuuuuuuce. What's your thoughts, laws, rules on that?

Doc ... do you

have a close ETA on your vodoo brew? Anytime AFTER the 5th and I'd like to push my luck for getting TWO

bottles of the concentrate. :blink:

This Pheros GOING OUT OF BUSINESS sale has got me thinking too much!

:think:

idesign
06-29-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm a little concerned about

supply too Mobes. I'm thinking of upping my pre-order to two bottles of concentrate. Hear that Doc?

This whole

question came up the last time Doc released a batch.

If this truly is the last of Doc's master stock, I wonder

if Bruce would give forum members a week to purchase before releasing it to the regular market, maybe in the "Forum

Club" section. A limit of 2 bottles of each formulation per customer sounds reasonable.

Rbt
06-29-2008, 06:45 PM

Niche perfumers have a better chance at creating a great perfume, but so many are subject to ego and thus

triviality. A few good perfumers have left the big houses for creative freedom. Not all of them are good, a few are.

The same holds true for natural perfumery. I've tried many of them, and most are not wearable. What they hope

to accomplish in a perfume comes across mostly as an acceptable room spray.

All that to say that we have a

remarkable opportunity with Pheros. It bridges the gap between what modern perfumery has left empty

and what classical perfumery once strived for: pure attraction.

The fact that its formulated with natural

constituents which are historically proven attractants is a bonus.

Quick comment:

One of

the few sources I now use for personal fragrances is a place whose initials are LP(Magical)P (not sure if I should

name names). The concoctions are considered "potions" and as far as I know are what would be considered "natural"

(they seem to be primarily essential oil blends). Far better than most any commercial product I've tried (we are

excluding Pheros here...) in many cases. The only real problem I have is that one of my "scent test" subjects keep

telling me many remind her of the scent of bath soap(s).

belgareth
06-29-2008, 06:56 PM
If it is not a competitor of LS

and you are not attempting to market for your benefit, we have no problem with you posting a link. If it is a

competitor, you can still mention the name. Another forum is often mentioned here with no adverse effect so long as

you don't use this forum to sell their products or slander them. Why not an innocent, independent and unrelated

retailer of non-competitive products?

idesign
06-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Sure Rbt, you can name names and

even provide a link as long as its not a site that sells human pheromone products.

Yes, that's the gist of so

many natural perfume products. A lot of them smell awfully nice, but its excruciatingly difficult to create a real

perfume from only natural materials.

For over a hundred years our noses have been trained to accept certain

chemical additions to perfume. That's not necessarily a bad thing. One sniff of an early Guerlain or Patou

perfume on a woman and you'll know what I mean.

The problem has come in the last decade or two when costs and

regulations began to prohibit the use of certain raw materials. The result is more chemical than acceptable.

The

constituent scents of raw materials have been isolated into molecular shadows of the real thing. A rose is no

longer a rose, but the formulation of the idea of a rose. That's what we've been trained to know and

expect.

When you use a natural Rose, the memory of a garden filled with complex and intoxicating urges triggers

something different from the substitute, which is "prettier".

To your point (finally), a modern nose reads this a

"soap". The scents used in the natural perfume are not artfully or skillfully blended. What comes across is is not

perfume, which is much more than the sum of its parts. I don't mean this as a negative criticism of your mentioned

product, since I've not smelled it. I only point out what I've experienced with naturally formulated

scents.

That's one of the things which makes Pheros so special. Its good, very good.

Rbt
07-01-2008, 08:15 AM
The problem is is that LPP did come

out with a few pheromone-containing products of their own. Not a major part of their catalog, but the first did

contain AD products (they now use other suppliers as well). More a sideline experiment and not a major line but...

I have to say that I really am not that fond of the "soapier" smelling mixes (from anyone). The ones that approach

Pheros type effects are my prefferred products. It was just interesting to note how many were "soap-scented."

Granted they were made as potions, not as perfumes.

belgareth
07-01-2008, 09:40 AM
I can't fault your judgment on

either issue. And I fully agree about the soapy smelling stuff.

DrSmellThis
07-01-2008, 03:17 PM
* Mobes: Here in Portland the

temperatures in the 90's and above have prevented me from working at all on this in the last several days due to no

air conditioning. I have to keep the stuff "underground" to keep it cool. So you are safe to order two

bottles.

It's becoming apparent that I'll have to include more concentrate than originally anticipated due to

demand. Thankfully, I've not added the water to any of the bottles yet.

I think around tomorrow or so I'll try

to make a decision as to the numbers of the concentrate.

* Yes, I can assure you this is the last of the product.

I stretched it out as long as I could. Really there was quite a bit of product for a vintage batch, if you consider

how long we've been selling it. People from all over the world are using it now. I haven't even been hoarding any

for myself, although I may have to hold a few bottles back for yours truly and a couple friends/family members this

time ;)

* Natural perfumery is indeed extremely difficult. I often notice that natural perfumes smell "artsy

craftsy", or smell good out of the bottle but not after sitting on your skin.

At one point, I almost thought it

impossible to make a natural perfume; in the earlier days of trying to do it. One perfumer even discouraged me,

saying it is impossible to just mix oils (without employing perfume chemistry) and make a good perfume.

But even

if you know how, supply issues surrounding the best ingredients are making the whole thing almost prohibitive.

Without good ingredients, I cannot do what I intend to do; and am well capable of doing. Before doing another

perfume, I'd have to solve some difficult problems along these lines. I'm telling you, that part takes some of the

fun out of it, since the artist in you just wants to get the good ingredients and create. With unlimited access to

the best ingredients, I'd make something very good tomorrow. This is what derailed the last perfume I had worked on

for two months already. It was a fresher, vintage scent similar to one created at the time of Napoleon, with citrus

and floral elements. But I could not tolerate the results with less than first rate ingredients throughout. I may

have to work out a compromise or 100 at some point, in order to continue.

We will talk about this more at some

point, no doubt.

DrSmellThis
07-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm a

little concerned about supply too Mobes. I'm thinking of upping my pre-order to two bottles of concentrate. Hear

that Doc?

This whole question came up the last time Doc released a batch.

If this truly is the last of Doc's

master stock, I wonder if Bruce would give forum members a week to purchase before releasing it to the regular

market, maybe in the "Forum Club" section. A limit of 2 bottles of each formulation per customer sounds

reasonable.Whatever you guys work out with Bruce, and whatever Bruce decides, is OK with me. Obviously, one

thing I wouldn't want is for someone to hoard a bunch and then try to sell it back to folks at a profit, etc.

I

may just put aside 20 bottles of concentrate. But I'll revisit this in a day or so.

MOBLEYC57
07-01-2008, 06:27 PM

Mobes: Here in Portland the temperatures in the 90's and above have prevented me from working at all on this

in the last several days due to no air conditioning. I have to keep the stuff "underground" to keep it cool. So you

are safe to order two bottles.

GOOD! Thay haven't been working on it. Funds shipped today for cc usage,

and should hit destination by Thursday! \o/ End results: 2 concentrations and 2 regulars

Sorry about the lack

of A/C.

You won't have to worry about me selling nothing ... unless ... someone starts biding at $1000 ...

don't think I could turn that down, Doc. :nono:

idesign
07-01-2008, 07:22 PM
But

even if you know how, supply issues surrounding the best ingredients are making the whole thing almost prohibitive.

Without good ingredients, I cannot do what I intend to do; and am well capable of doing. Before doing another

perfume, I'd have to solve some difficult problems along these lines. I'm telling you, that part takes some of the

fun out of it, since the artist in you just wants to get the good ingredients and create. With unlimited access to

the best ingredients, I'd make something very good tomorrow. This is what derailed the last perfume I had worked on

for two months already. It was a fresher, vintage scent similar to one created at the time of Napoleon, with citrus

and floral elements. But I could not tolerate the results with less than first rate ingredients throughout. I may

have to work out a compromise or 100 at some point, in order to continue.

We will talk about this more at some

point, no doubt.

Doc, have you run up against any particular ingredient which is impossible to get

nowadays? Anything extinct, either from lack of supply or over-regulation? Just curious.

MOBLEYC57
07-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Doc, have

you run up against any particular ingredient which is impossible to get nowadays? Anything extinct, either

from lack of supply or over-regulation? Just curious.

Yeah, Doc. You gonna answer that incriminating

question? :blink:

Geez, Idesign ... you're such a tease and a trouble maker. :trout:

idesign
07-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Geez, Idesign ... you're such a tease and a trouble maker. :trout:

I'm at least as innocent as I

think I should be, and twice as much as you think I might be, even in my worser moments. :angel: :think:

My

question was purely academic, of course. :)

DrSmellThis
07-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Doc,

have you run up against any particular ingredient which is impossible to get nowadays? Anything extinct, either

from lack of supply or over-regulation? Just curious.There are a number of ingredients that are more

difficult to get, as you might imagine.

But if I had to pick one at the present moment, it would be sandalwood,

which is truly a staple of perfuming.

Due to over farming of this somewhat endangered tree, it is really hard to

get the oil where the trees are aged the proper amount of time. Most companies, when they sell it at all, are

selling oil from immature trees that lack the qualities necessary to use it as a primary ingredient. Whereas I'd

never have considered using the inferior Australian variety before, now that's about all you can find. Good Mysore

is really tough to come by, certainly in quantity at reasonable prices.

Sandalwood is the most used ingredient in

traditional natural perfuming; and is a primary ingredient in Pheros. There are several varieties of very

good sandalwood in Pheros.

DrSmellThis
07-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Yes,

that's the gist of so many natural perfume products. A lot of them smell awfully nice, but its excruciatingly

difficult to create a real perfume from only natural materials.

The constituent scents of raw materials have

been isolated into molecular shadows of the real thing. A rose is no longer a rose, but the formulation of the idea

of a rose. That's what we've been trained to know and expect.

When you use a natural Rose, the memory of a

garden filled with complex and intoxicating urges triggers something different from the substitute, which is

"prettier".As usual, you hold your own quite well when discussing perfumery.

Rose is a great example.

Rose in a modern perfume is largely created with alipathic aldehydes, as in Chanel. These are very nice smelling

chemicals; some of the most useful in perfuming as far as that goes. But they are still chemicals.

Conversely,

the typical natural perfumer will just chuck some rose oil into a perfume and call it a rose perfume. This approach

also fails, to my own standards. Rose oil just doesn't contain all the important qualities and subtleties that a

real rose flower in nature has. The top end is particularly lacking.

In order to get closer to the smell of a

real rose in nature, and the emotional effect; you have to start with rose oil, possibly several varieties for

different qualities, and then begin to a build a scent with more of the essential qualities using other natural oils

to create the whole complex of effects. To use a painting metaphor, it's like saying you would use other colors

besides red to paint a red rose. There are various ways to do it, depending on what kind of rose you want. I wrote

about this in some detail in the "perfuming basics" thread; I think with a basic recipe.

Natural perfumers tend

to neglect all that, because they are typically new agey artsy craftsy types that think it's already beautiful

enough to use all organic ingredients. Because nature is, you know, beautiful and all. They typically lack the crazy

passion, creativity, sick aesthetics, and killer instinct that the best perfumers have. That, of course, is just my

opinion, and I suppose, prejudice. There are exceptions.

Unfortunately the best perfumers are often prisoners of

their accounting departments, as idesign points out.

MOBLEYC57
07-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Doc ... is there going to be an

announcement when Pheros will be in stock or do we need to keep an eye in the store?

Thanks!:run:

DrSmellThis
07-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Mobes, I will give you all

advance notice so that, no matter what, forum people will have an advantage over the general public. I really want

anyone who wants the concentrate to be able to order early. Also, I doubt the general public is even interested in

the concentrate, or knows about it.

I need to talk to Bruce about the labels, which is the last snag. I found

some of the old, pretty lids (now out of production, since company went out of business) on which the labels fit

perfectly. But over half the bottles in this shipment will have some generic lids (as with the last shipment, since

I had to go through another company for them), so that those bottles won't have a flat surface that a label would

stick neatly to. The bottles are the same fish bowl design as the last batch.

As soon as I resolve this issue

with the boss, I'll be able to give you the correct time of shipment.

Upon further reflection, I think I might

keep the number of concentrate bottles to 15, like last time. That will leave more of the perfume for everybody.

theknight
07-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi,

Given that there

seems to be so much demand for the concentrate, I wonder if us folks might end up getting any at all ;-)

I'd

love to get one (concentrate) as well.

Doc,
Any specific date when this is going to be available on the store.

Me thinks 15 bottles are gonna off the shelf too damn fast :D so need to keep a lookout ;-)

belgareth
07-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Since I managed to get a bottle

of concentrate the last round and also have two bottles, one unopened, of the final mix I will not be competing for

any. Good luck to all of you though. I love the stuff but only wear it on special occasions.

idesign
07-06-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm not Doc, but I've traded

posts with him on this Forum. :)

So far I think the interest count is a bit less than 15 for the concentrate.

Keep your dial tuned to this channel and you'll get plenty of notice from our sponsor.

philalex
07-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Concentrate

or regular. I'll take one either way.

Happy to get some... that's all!

PS: What else does the

doc sell?

belgareth
07-07-2008, 01:31 PM
PS:

What else does the doc sell?
Good advice. He also shrinks heads in his spare time but that's another

story. Welcome to the forum.

idesign
07-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Yes, so make sure you don't

piss him off. Consider how he makes his living:

"Head Shrinking. The skull is removed from the

head; the maker would make an incision on the back of the neck and proceeded to remove all the skin and flesh from

the cranium. Afterwards, they placed red seeds underneath the eyelids and sewed them shut. The mouth was held

together with three palm pins. Fat from the flesh of the head was removed. The flesh was then boiled in water in

which a number of herbs containing tannins were steeped, then dried with hot rocks and sand, while being molded by

the preparer to retain its human feature."

Word on the street says he's pretty good at it too.

:eek:

DrSmellThis
07-07-2008, 05:35 PM
LOL!!!!!

Thanks for that

highly accurate description of my counseling methods!

(Still waiting to reach Bruce at this time)

Rbt
07-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Just to make sure I'm "counted," as

I still have one unopened regular bottle and at least 2/3rds of another regular bottle I'm going to pass (resist

mightily) buying any more as I suspect I'll still have some left when I enter the next life. Pheros is such a GREAT

product I would certainly like one of the uninitiated to have a shot... (he said while muttering something that

sounds like "my preciousssss....").

DrSmellThis
07-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Such gallantry among my

customers! :)

Thanks for the appreciation, Rbt. It's truly been one of the special things in my life; to make

something people in various places around the world could get an "atypical kind of pleasure" from.

After studying

oils and pheromones on my own for years; and discovering this impressive forum; all I wanted was to see if I could

make a contribution here.

The idea behind Pheros was to share with everyone the other half of pheromone

and scent knowledge that people here weren't aware of, that I had studied. It was great, because at first all I did

was talk about these things (analog pheromones, etc).

And then people wanted to see an example, so I sent out

samples of this thing I'd been working on for a year. It was weird because I kept obsessively making more of it,

not knowing what the heck if anything would come of it.

Next thing I know, Bruce is saying matter of factly,

"Yes, fine, that's great. We'll start with 500 bottles"! He says that within an hour of receiving his sample, and

I'm like, "Oh boy. 500?! This guy ain't playing. This is absolutely great, but oh crap, I have to get my butt in

gear!"

idesign
07-08-2008, 06:52 PM
And what a gear your butt must

have been in Doc. How many bottles do you suppose you've produced? When did you first send Bruce the initial

samples?

DrSmellThis
07-08-2008, 07:48 PM
And what

a gear your butt must have been in Doc. How many bottles do you suppose you've produced? When did you first send

Bruce the initial samples?I'm going to keep the sales totals to myself. But it's been pretty successful by

L-S standards for a specialty product with no real marketing to speak of (nowhere near the pherogiants NPA or PI,

though) other than forum conversation. It has sold pretty steadily over the years, and has been exclusive to L-S,

unlike other products.

I don't remember when it was first offered. Several years ago, anyway. Too lazy to look

it up. Time is basically a black hole to me anyway.

I think I sent samples to a few forum members long before

Bruce got any, to get product development feedback. That was when the fun started, because people had not smelled

anything like it and were definitely surprised, partially because I was just a regular guy who surfed the forum. If

you're a smell aficionado and have never smelled some of the pungent, organic, naughty ingredients, it's quite an

experience. Very different from typical perfumes and scents.

idesign
07-08-2008, 08:24 PM
If

you're a smell aficionado and have never smelled some of the pungent, organic, naughty ingredients, it's quite an

experience. Very different from typical perfumes and scents.

Its unique to be sure. I've tried a

couple dozen natural, non-commercial scents from half that many "perfumers" and really this is one of 2-3 that I

even think of as perfume. And Pheros is the best of the lot by far.

I wonder why? Everyone has access to

ingredients, that only leaves the composer.

Aftel's stuff is very nice, but costs a fortune and only lasts for

about 5 mins on the skin. Tauer has a great accord here or there, but its in-your-face too much of the time.

I

suppose a lot of it amounts to preference, but there is a relatively well developed standard on how you evaluate a

fragrance.

And then there are the "pungent, organic, naughty" things going on in Pheros. Nobody has that. ;)

jomo
07-09-2008, 06:29 AM
Hello. I am new to the board and

pheromones, but love good colognes. I would really be interested in getting a bottle of concentrate if available.

Keep up the good work and hopefully your success with this product over the last 4+ years leads to another

ground breaking cologne in the next year or 2.

idesign
07-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Yes, we just have to pressure

Doc into cutting loose again with his "killer instinct and crazed aesthetic". :)

Welcome to the forum jomo.

Rbt
07-09-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm going

to keep the sales totals to myself. But it's been pretty successful by L-S standards for a specialty product with

no real marketing to speak of (nowhere near the pherogiants NPA or PI, though) other than forum conversation. It has

sold pretty steadily over the years, and has been exclusive to L-S, unlike other products.

I don't remember

when it was first offered. Several years ago, anyway. Too lazy to look it up. Time is basically a black hole to me

anyway.

I think I sent samples to a few forum members long before Bruce got any, to get product development

feedback. That was when the fun started, because people had not smelled anything like it and were definitely

surprised, partially because I was just a regular guy who surfed the forum. If you're a smell aficionado and have

never smelled some of the pungent, organic, naughty ingredients, it's quite an experience. Very different from

typical perfumes and scents.

The first "real" forum posts from you (DST) on Pheros product were

around 3/1/04 and onward.

idesign
07-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the research Rbt,

looks like our new member jomo did his research too.

That's quite a good run Doc, and a lot of hard work. We

should probably thank you most for letting your imagination run wild. What ran wild during the testing stages is

purely you're own business. ;)

I feel like we should give you something to mark the end of an era. I don't

see you being much of a gold Rolex kind of guy so maybe something like, hmmm... a swift kick in the butt and a lock

for your lab door, to be installed on the outside of course, with you inside. Seeing the light of day again should

be good incentive to come up with a new scent yes? :)
To be sure, we'll feed you well. Do you prefer Saison

Dupont Belgian Farmhouse Ale or Bud Lite? Just name it, Bel's buying. :cheers:

DrSmellThis
07-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Bud Lite happens to be my

current beer, fortunately. Can't beat it when the weather's hot. Well, OK; Pilsner Urquell is pretty darn good on

a hot day too. And Harp.

Thanks, Belgareth! :drunk:

No fun to drink alone, though. I'll slip a few extra mugs

into the freezer for y'all.

Sodbuster
07-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Cheers :cheers:

belgareth
07-10-2008, 04:13 AM
Gee, thanks guys. Am I invited

since I have been volunteered to buy? Personally, I'd prefer a nice british beer, something with some body to it.

American beers don't really offer much.

jomo
07-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Gee,

thanks guys. Am I invited since I have been volunteered to buy? Personally, I'd prefer a nice british beer,

something with some body to it. American beers don't really offer much.

Newcastle it is then.

Mtnjim
07-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Newcastle it is

then.

No Bass?????

MOBLEYC57
07-12-2008, 08:05 AM
BUD LITE! :drunk:

Dearest

Doc,

My credit card is bugging me to death :frustrate wanting to know the updates of the last of Doc's brew

shipment. :blink: :run:

Pendragon
07-12-2008, 10:37 AM
No

Bass?????

No one mentioned Guinness..
Newcastle is good though.

idesign
07-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Since its summer, I'll weigh in

with Doc for some P.Urquell or Harp, but my, what good taste you all have in beer! Bel, your bar tab is adding up

quickly, I'll need a credit card to run it up any more. Hope sales are good buddy. :cheers:

To follow

up on Mobe's credit card, any news on the other brew Doc?

DrSmellThis
07-12-2008, 05:01 PM
My sincere apologies for the

delay and frustration, Mobes. Bruce made a decision about some new packaging and I'm getting that together. Early

next week I'll post another update.

Rbt
07-14-2008, 02:15 PM
One other comment to make about

fragrances...

While out walking a couple days ago a 30-ish guy crossed my path. Not sure what he was wearing

but it reminded me of insect spray... ewwwwwwww!

Then again maybe it WAS insect spray... With all the rain and

flooding in the area we have a bumper crop of mosquitoes forming vast clouds that darken the skies and turn day into

night...

Well not quite that bad... but they are pretty dense.

Part of me wishes more colognes had the same

rich smell as Pheros... but then again if all the PUA's smell the same as AFC's I *may* have a chance as the gals

can hang around me without gagging... at least on my fragrance...

(PS I'm a wine man myself. No not a

"whiner..." or "wino...". Nothing beats a really good Austrian trokenbeerenauslese... mmmmmmmmm. The "Pheros" of the

wine world IMO.)

jomo
07-15-2008, 04:13 PM
*twiddles thumbs*
:POKE:

DrSmellThis
07-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Folks, the purpose of this

thread was to get advance interest so I could bottle to the proper number of concentrate bottles; not to announce

availability of the product. I apologize if it became that before I was sure about the timeline. Totally my fault

for opening my mouth.

Having said that, I'm still working on making all the new packaging (new packaging was

Bruce and my solution to the lid and bottle problem) by hand -- each label was created on my computer, cut by hand,

and pasted on the leaflets I also just designed, cut and folded by hand, etc. There is nothing about this project

that is not homemade; and I have another business and music gigs to attend to as well.

So I'd like to get it

shipped by the end of the week. Hopefully I will meet my goal, which would make it available next week sometime.

idesign
07-15-2008, 05:07 PM
:rolleyes: Patience! Or your

bottle will be tainted with Cool Blue Chrome Sport Water! j/k jomo

Ooops, Doc you beat me to the punch, and

were much nicer. :)

jomo
07-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Sorry Doc didn't mean to

interrupt the hard work. Was just bored. The boards been slow lately. I have actually had a fun time reading many

of your early post and researching the attributes of your product. Take your time and have fun doing it.

:cheers:

Abtohorizon
07-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Im interested in a couple

bottles of this stuff but I dont know if I have to place a pre-order or get onto some kinda list....?

I've made

a few purchases from love-scent in the past and like to check out what the buzz is on the forums before placing an

order. (First Post but veteran browser)

I dont want it to be available for a few days then go out of stock -

Its not like I check the online store every day. Ive been in touch with a Tammy Smith (cust. support rep) who has

been very responsive and helpful but I guess she doest have any more info regarding the ETA than what's being said

in this thread. So, whoever's brewing this stuff up, I'd like to get my hands on a few units

DrSmellThis
07-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Please read the rest of the

thread. Once again, There is no advance sales for the perfume. This thread is about the concentrate only. If you

want the concentrate, it will be good to check in every couple of days or so, at least every few days.

I

recommend the perfume over the concentrate unless you have a specific reason, as we have discussed in this thread. I

am taking extra care with the perfume version in terms of the special water I dilute it with (aging it with some of

the perfume added to help longevity, etc).

I don't think the stuff will sell out right away, unless it happens

differently than in the past. You never know. So people should be able to relax a bit. I think it will be available

for at least a month, even with it being the last of a limited edition batch.

Gmoney
08-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Doc, just curious, why are you

not going to be Making Pheros anymore? I ordered myself a bottle, but it sounds like such a popular product, why

cut it off?

DrSmellThis
08-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Pheros is a limited edition

perfume. I have neither the recipe nor the supplies, many of which are pretty rare substances.

When I first

started making it, I didn't even know it would be sold. It was just a labor of love, so to speak. By the time I

knew, it was too late to save the recipe; even though I continued making more just using my nose. I worked on it

over the course of a year or more, every day, just adding more and more stuff. Eventually I ended up with a honkin'

huge batch, and was sort of shocked after doing the math on it. With subsequent bottlings I made minor changes and

improvements (e.g, adding more musks, or good sandalwood). Most of the latest bottlings included improvements to the

water or perfuming alcohol (both of which are scented and treated to have fixative properties) used to dilute the

ultra concentrate; as well as tweaks to the bottling, mixing, and stage maturation process. Meanwhile, the mother

batch was aging, which turned out to work fine, since the ingredients needed to age more anyway, as the professional

Nose who smelled it told me.

If I could find all the rare ingredients in good quality, for a reasonalble price, I

could make something just as good or better, that would be a similar type of perfume. But it would never be the same

thing.

Robby
08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
I sent an email last week to

Tammy, but I never got a reply. I bought a bottle of Pheros and requested the concentrate version, but I'm not sure

what I got. The bottle is not marked "concentrate," and it's full, but the bottle doesn't look like it could hold

18mL of fluid (it's smaller than a 10mL bottle I also have). Earlier in the thread it is stated that both versions

will use the same bottle.

Can anybody tell me what I have? :box:

Update: Tammy just informed me that I have

the regular version...

idesign
08-25-2008, 12:48 PM
The concentrate version is a

clear amber liquid, and the regular version is "cloudy".

Did you request the concentrate in the "comments"

section at checkout?

Robby
08-25-2008, 01:22 PM
I distinctly remember

typing "I want concentrate" into the Comments, but Tammy showed me what she had on file and there were no comments.

I'm ok with what I got, as I told Tammy, I just wanted to make sure I didn't dilute something that was

already properly diluted.

idesign
08-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Great! The regular version is

better for general wearing anyway, I'm sure you'll like it. If you have any feedback please let us know.

DrSmellThis
08-25-2008, 06:23 PM
I'll see if I can find out

what was up with that.

The concentrates all come with a hand written set of instructions.

Gone
08-25-2008, 08:59 PM
I'll see

if I can find out what was up with that.

The concentrates all come with a hand written set of

instructions.

I just got a bottle of concentrate and it did not come with hand-written instructions. I

have both concentrate and regular from previous orders so I know my latest order was properly filled as

concentrate.

DrSmellThis
08-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Didn't you receive a leaflet

along with the bottle?

When I packed them, I wrapped a signed leaflet around every bottle with a rubber band, and

the concentrates has a couple sentences written on them too.

Gmoney
08-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Just got my order of Pheros and

dabbed a little on my wrists, this is some great smelling stuff you've made Dr. I'm looking forward to seeing

what others think:cheers:

BTW, quite a self effect off this stuff!

idesign
08-27-2008, 04:13 PM
[quote=Gmoney;210898
BTW, quite

a self effect off this stuff![/quote]

Absolutely. I put Pheros on and immediately have a nice calm feeling.

As the evening progresses I feel like I'm in a cocoon of sorts, wrapped in a nice blanket of eros. That's one

reason why its so good as both a cover and a standalone.

Gone
08-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Didn't

you receive a leaflet along with the bottle?

Nope. .

theknight
08-28-2008, 04:25 AM
Finally received my bottle of

pheros after a long long wait. As expected...Pheros delivers. Found the scent to have a very calming effect :) Kudos

to DrSmellThis. Didn't receive any notes etc with the bottle though.

My biggest gripe is that during shipment

the cap of the bottle was not closed properly so it appears that 2/3rd of pheros leaked out during transit (unless

the concentrate is being shipped with 1/3rd filled up bottle - which I doubt as Dr mentioned the contents to be 18

ml in one of his earlier posts).

Needless to say find myself a little pi**ed. Am hoping Bruce would replace

this.

Gmoney
08-28-2008, 05:42 PM
it didn't leak, that's how the

concentrate is.

theknight
08-28-2008, 06:46 PM
So the concentrate is just

around 5 ml or so...whereas the cologne is around 15 ml.

Any ideas on how to dilute the concentrate. Would

concentrate be too strong if applied directly ?

idesign
08-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Gm is right, the concentrate

bottles contain less volume in the same size bottle, no worries.

I've used the concentrate without diluting it,

but you should apply a little less. It wears well but of course is more costly to wear in concentrated form.

I

think there is an open question about diluting instructions being included with the concentrate. Doc and/or Bruce

will have to weigh in on this question.

DrSmellThis
08-31-2008, 08:39 AM

Concentrates are 7ml, while the regular colognes are 18ml, accurate to within a couple drops,

erring on the side of overfill..

As the leaflets say, you just mix in 11ml distilled H2O to make cologne from

concentrate.That step, of course, is entirely optional.

* I'm sorry you didn't get a leaflet. Perhaps

someone should try ordering with "please include leaflet?" in the comment section. Obviously, though, Bruce and

Tammy are free to sell them however they see best to.

* My opinion is that it is highly unlikely that any lid

would be loose when it arrived at your door. That is because I double checked each and every lid for tight fit

before shipping. I tried to tighten them just the right amount, as tight as possible without damaging the threads

inside the lid.

Just throwing that out there, though I think you understand now about the concentrates not being

filled with water like the regular version.

idesign
09-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I got a leaflet with my order.

Check the packaging and make sure it did not come off. Its only held by a rubber band and may have gotten stuck on

the bubble wrap.

Doc, your penmanship is terrible! j/k of course, your sig may make me some serious money some

day... :)

MOBLEYC57
09-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I got a

leaflet with my order. Check the packaging and make sure it did not come off. Its only held by a rubber band and may

have gotten stuck on the bubble wrap.

Doc, your penmanship is terrible! j/k of course,

your sig may make me some serious money some day... :)

My thought exactly! Good thing his mixing is

better than his writing! :box:

Luv'ya Doc! \o/ \o/ \o/

idesign
09-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Poor Doc. He steps to the

podium victorious and his fans complain about a speck of lint on his shirt.

You can ignore the riff-raff Doc...

Robby
09-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Doc, your

penmanship is terrible!

Doctors are supposed to have lousy penmanship, they have to take a class for

that in Med school.

BTW, I really like Pheros, Doc! Great stuff.

idesign
09-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Another well deserved fan Doc!

(who just happens to agree with me and Mobes). :whip:

Make sure and let us know any reports Robby, how are

you using it?

Welcome to the forum!

DrSmellThis
09-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Doctors

are supposed to have lousy penmanship, they have to take a class for that in Med school.

BTW, I really like

Pheros, Doc! Great stuff.Ah, here is the key to it all... They actually told me they must be giving a

doctorate to the right person for that very reason.

I've always stubbornly defended my penmanship as entirely

legible, and thought it looked downright musical in its rhythm. Every other human being in my life has found it to

be bad, like you guys, often using the words "horrible" or "terrible". But you know what?

THE WORLD CAN TAKE A

BOTTLE FULL OF CHILL PILLS! IN FACT, IF I WASN'T SO ARTHRITIC WRITING SCRIPS FOR CHILL PILLS FOR YOU PEOPLE, WE

WOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION!

For the record, I got Cs in penmanship. That is average, last I checked.

Bigrahizzle
12-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Guys i just ordered the

Pheros off the website. I wanted to know if the concentrate was still available. I meant if its not then im going to

order 2 more bottles, cuz i know how its like to have a scent that you cherish and only have soo little that it can

only be used on speical occasions.

Gmoney
12-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Guys i

just ordered the Pheros off the website. I wanted to know if the concentrate was still available. I meant if its not

then im going to order 2 more bottles, cuz i know how its like to have a scent that you cherish and only have soo

little that it can only be used on speical occasions.

I believe the concentrate was made to order,

meaning if you didn't order any, there probably wasn't any made to accommodate you. It was also made long enough

ago that any extra is probably already used up. Of course, this is all speculation.

Bigrahizzle
12-30-2008, 02:49 PM
So what is the bottle on

the site. I just ordered it couple of hours ago. Is it the 7ml Concentrate and rest distilled water from Doc.?

Gmoney
12-30-2008, 02:51 PM
So

what is the bottle on the site. I just ordered it couple of hours ago. Is it the 7ml Concentrate and rest distilled

water from Doc.?

Pretty much, although Doc has mentioned that he "prepped" the water with some other

scents, or maybe the same scents, so I'm not entirely sure. Basically it's the same amount of product as the

concentrate filled the rest of the way with water.

Bigrahizzle
12-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Awesome!!!!!! I cant wait

to get it. From reading all the good reviews i think this will be a winner. Like i said if it suits my taste im

going to be ordering more.

Did you order it Gmoney???

Gmoney
12-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Awesome!!!!!! I cant wait to get it. From reading all the good reviews i think this will

be a winner. Like i said if it suits my taste im going to be ordering more.

Did you order it

Gmoney???

I did, I ordered the non concentrate. I LOVE the smell, but because I could only afford one

bottle, I don't use it often. I normally use Armani Code as a cover, and sometimes I'll add a bit of Pheros to

it, it blends quite nicely. If there's still more available when I have more money I'll be placing another

order.

Actually I haven't been on the scene much lately because of money, I'm on a bit of a finance induced

break from women :LOL:. Although my efforts at a break may have been thwarted...

Pendragon
12-30-2008, 04:05 PM
I received a bottle of the

Pheros concentrate almost a month ago. I just specified in the order comments that I wanted the concentrate if it

was still available.

I'm thinking about trying for another bottle or two of it come the next payday. It smells

great and would really suck to run out of it.

I'll have to try it with the Armani Code and see how it smells.

I've just mixed it so far with Old Spice as mentioned by another poster.

idesign
01-01-2009, 07:57 AM
If anyone has a question about

Pheros availability, the best thing to do is call Tammy at the L-S Store. She'll be able to tell you if any

concentrate is still available, or the regular version for that matter.

Bigrahizzle
01-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Guys i got my Pheros

earlier this week. The thing that concerns me is that it doesnt last long. Ill put it around my neck and by 2 hours

or so its gone. I dont know what im doing wrong, i could be putting on too little or something. Just wanted to know

how it goes for you guys

belgareth
01-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I put on about 3 dabs this

morning, on my forearms. You can still smell it but not the same as it smelled this morning. Remember that your nose

is going to get numb to it if you are smelling it all day. Ask somebody else, female preferably, if they can smell

it on your neck.

DrSmellThis
01-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

And thanks idesign and Bel, for the customer service assistance. I haven't replied because I am travelling, with

limited access to computers, not having entered the age of laptops (not commenting on the kind strippers

provide...).

My personal opinion is that the perfume mellowed with age a tiny bit more than I would have

preferred, in terms of the top end espcially. There is still a fairly strong wood note in the middle. I tried to

correct for that, but with an organic product you are subject to some whims of nature and limitations in the skills

of the perfumer.

However, I find the staying power per se is deceptively long. You sort of think it

isn't lasting but you end up being able to smell it many hours later, and sometimes into the next day. In some

sense, it even can last longer than many other scents, especially natural scents which lack chemical fixatives. Its

staying power is longer than virtually every scent you'll find with authentic essential oil mixes in health stores

or gift boutiques, for example.

More specifically, in my experience there is sort of a floor effect where it

doesn't fade past a certain point, and even gets sort of a "second life" which can suprise you.

Again, this is

just my experience. If I make another product for Love-scent, I will pay even more attention to these issues and try

to improve.

idesign
01-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Bel's right, if you're

applying it to your neck, the scent is drifting up to your nose continually, and you'll not smell it after a while.

I prefer applying it in several places, just like pheromones, as sort of a "full signature", if that makes any

sense.

For me, that strong woody "middle" itself lasts more than 2 hrs, and the far drydown lasts well into the

day or night. Like Doc, I catch whiffs of it the next morning sometimes.

Try applying a little more, and wear it

on your wrists or the top of your hands for an experiment.