PDA

View Full Version : Odd dog behavior...Could it be pheromones?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2002, 04:18 PM
I\'ve been using pheromones for about 3 months now. A pretty good residue of them has build up on the cover for the goose down comforter on my bed. My dog, a female Boston Terrier, has always loved to curl up in my comforter. Just last night, I went to get into bed and there was a HUGE WET SPOT on my goose down comforter. THE DOG PISSED ON IT!!! I was really angry. A few days ago, she did the exact same thing to my twin brother\'s comforter. We both use pheromones on a regualr basis (AE and SoE). Could this have been caused by the pheromones? Could she have been \"marking her territory\" so to speak? This upsets me because now I have a huge yellow spot on my comforter. At least I have a navy blue cover that it goes in like a pillow case that I can cover it with. images/icons/mad.gif

Bruce
02-19-2002, 05:41 PM
Caused by the pheros, there can be little doubt. Not only is sweat full of the natural pheros, but so is urine and as everyone knows, dogs like to mark their territory with their own phero/pee/signature. If you ever saw the movie Never Cry Wolf, you might remeber the scene where the wild wolves discover scientist, Farley Mowat and are really confused about how to react until he marks the territory around his tent with pee. Then the head wolf quickly steps up to each spot and pees just outside where the scientist peed, basically saying: \"OK, dude, you get the area inside your pee perimeter, but the rest is ours, tread lightly.\"
Now, I don\'t think your dog thought about the fact that you wear that coat. He probably thinks that you have suddenly gotten the idea that you would like to sleep there too, and figures: \"Hey, you don\'t need the whole darn thing. You sleep in the half that you peed in and I\'ll sleep in the half that I peed in.\"
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2002, 07:55 PM
One has to remember that a lot of pets (dogs and cats anyway) have been domesticated by humans and breeding and being around us since we were primative things well at least 50000 years for the aussie dingo and almost as long for other areas. Anyway living around humans they have sort of become like a second reliant species and have become used to mans scent so to speak and you can bet that androgens are right up there so hes marking his territory along with youres in a primative way. Thats why he peed all over your comforter sorry to hear about that as well. its kinda funny though.

jvkohl
02-19-2002, 09:08 PM
I recall a patent application that basically intended to use pheromones in attempt to house-train canines. Guess JOBOO discovered
after-the-fact the logic that inspired the patent app.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2002, 09:20 PM
Now theres an idea take patents out to use pheromones for various purposes has anyone have a patent on pheromones to get the attention of the other sex and use it for whatever purposes they see fit now theres an idea for me. Lol or anyone else who feels so inclined.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2002, 01:09 PM
Dog pee on bed;

Actually a dog pissing on your bed or clothing is not that uncommon. Canines when angry or P.O.\'d at their owners will do this either as a statement of dissatifaction with something you did....i.e. leaving them alone for a longer period of time than you normally do, ignoring them, scolding them, etc. But if the area of the pee was where your body is leaving a phero signature..then it may just be the mones..I have two canines at my house and the male will do this if you leave him home for long periods of time. But our dogs get hyped with a spray of pheros on a doggy toy...So ...wel I dunno anyones guess...unless you can speak canine..I cant\'t even though in my past I have been pegged as a Dog...lol

TCO