PDA

View Full Version : Recovery

Naughtymonkey
02-17-2002, 04:03 PM
All

No doubt we have all been here before so I thought I would harness the collective experience of the forum for advice.

Valentines was not a good day.

Having spent months flirting with this lass ( mone assisted) who has been been quite outrageously flirty in response, I finally asked her out on the 14th.

She (kindly) said no, cos we work together and that if things went wrong it could be hell all round. I can see the point but this is before even the first date!

Question is: How do you recover from this situation, in particular I would be interested in any \'mone strategy that anyone has.

cheers

p.s Andro (with some musk oil mixed in with it to take the edge off the smell) and APC is looking like a pretty damm good combo despite the above problem!!!

PHP 87
02-17-2002, 04:35 PM
1. Date women that are available.
Most people don\'t date co-workers and for good reason.
Forget about co-workers or women who are dating someone else.

2. Don\'t ask someone out on a date on Valentines day unless you are in the serious stages of a relationship, otherwise it makes you look like you are coming on too strong.

3. Do not put all your hopes into one woman, unless the 2 of you are serious about each other. Putting all your eggs in one basket before things get serious is a sure-fire formula for heartbreak.

jose
02-17-2002, 04:47 PM
Well the first thing you did wrong was wait months to ask her out on a first date. What you should have done was get a date the first week you knew her. You were probably (at that timeframe in the beginning) a potential boyfriend to her, but then she saw you as a friend instead or she lost interest. A woman with high interest level would never turn you down on a date. images/icons/laugh.gif The only thing I can recommend is to move on and try again, just don\'t waste any time on a potential mate.

[ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: jose ]

**DONOTDELETE**
02-17-2002, 05:35 PM
naughtymonkey,

believe me when i tell you she was right. if it didn\'t work out it would be hell all around. trust me on this one. i\'ve been there three times. you think i would have learned my lesson. i\'m still probably nuts enough to try it again, but next time she will be the one doing the asking out not meee. anyway i\'ve gotten past all three incidents and so will you. hang in there bro and play it cool.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-17-2002, 07:47 PM
yea man just play it really cool. Like its alright that she didn\'t go on a date; like you had asked anouther 3 women out that SAME DAY; and like you got other women to worry about (because you do have other women to worry about, If one girl at work was mad flirting w/ you then you should also have other women interested in, plus the POTENTIAL TO MAKE OTHER WOMEN INTERESTED IN YOU MAN) . and things will be all good.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2002, 02:07 AM
Just either OD on none or leave it be if she was interested she would have said yes or if she knocked you back and was still interested well she would give signals but move on othres are around (if you are inclined see if one of her friends are available and go after her instead.)