PDA

View Full Version : Which -none Product?

FutureKill
02-25-2008, 03:18 PM
When I

recently started experimenting with mones I stayed away from -none, fearing the horror stories told by my esteemed

comrades here on the forums (with cautious use of C7 being the only exception). I have been more than

satisfied, thrilled even. But my curiosity got the better of me...

A little while back I bought a bottle of NPA

and proceeded to experiment. Admittedly I have only used it once, but the results were so bad that I don't

foresee using it around anyone that doesn't already know me very well. And then, what is the point,

right?:frustrate.

After careful examination of that sequence of events I am going to assume (until proven

otherwise) that I was experiencing a -none OD. I am looking (again with the curiosity!:rolleyes:) at the ingredient

profiles of several -none-only or primarily -none products. It seems to me that NPA's -none concentration is

significantly higher than that of other -none products. So my question is for those who find NPA to be strong,

whether you like its strength or if it is too strong for you.

What other -none product(s) have you

used that give that same distinct "sexual/alpha" vibe but with a lower OD threshold than NPA? I realize that I

sound like I "want my cake and eat it too," but I am really not asking for a miracle here. I am looking for

something to counterbalance the "nice-guy" vibe that I am all too familiar with from various SoE-based Cocktails

Gmoney
02-25-2008, 04:45 PM
TE is basically diluted NPA, and

the sandalwood version smells nice. I haven't experimented enough to really give good advice, but I wore a spray

of it with good results last weekend.

DssMaster
02-25-2008, 04:49 PM
FutureKill, I have both

NPA/men and also scented SOE/men, and although NPA does have a very strong -none smell, I seem to like it, as long

as I don't use too much of it, because that would be OD myself with it. I order both because I read a lot of post

indicating that the two of them went well together, since SOE does smell like cool water, and it buffers the -none

in NPA with the -nol. I would say to be careful with NPA because if you can't smell the -none then you can easily

OD on it. I can pick the heavy -none smell, and I still have to be careful when applying some of it to avoid OD

myself. Women can and will pick up on it, although I think in men only some can sense the heavy -none presence.

idesign
02-25-2008, 05:48 PM
When I first started I loved

TE/SoE, and still use it from time to time. Great combo, I don't think you can go wrong with it, unless you apply

half the bottle. ;)

These days I like A7 better, its "tempered" with -rone and seems more intimate and less

"raw" than TE. It works well for me in different combinations. I have A7/s, and think the scent is the better than

any -mone product I've tried. But I still cover it. Pheros is a great cover for A7/s.

DssMaster
02-26-2008, 03:47 PM
I am thinking of mixing some

NPA with scented SOE to tone down the -none in NPA a bit. Plus I have read in an old post, of people getting good

results (hits) with those two combined.

Gegogi
02-26-2008, 06:00 PM
So my question is for

those who find NPA to be strong, whether you like its strength or if it is too strong for you.

NPA is

designed to be mixed with cologne. It is 5 times more concentrated than TE and thus extremely difficult to dose

correct in RAW form. I mix 5 parts cologne (Burberry Weekend) to 1 part NPA in a Sephora atomizer. Works and smells

great. I've also had excellent results using chemset androstenol and A-1 as buffers for NPA.

DssMaster
02-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Gegogi (http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/member.php?u=1176), I will try to get a syringe to be able to

take accurate measurements when making a mix batch. By using the syringe to mix a 1 to 5 phero to cologne ratio,

that would come out to 1cc phero to 5cc cologne, correct me if I'm wrong.

FutureKill
02-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes DM, you are correct. You

could also use .1cc to .5cc first just to make a single dose or two for experimentation.

Gegogi
02-26-2008, 09:44 PM
DSS, I'd go with a smaller batch

and test before using 6cc. I find 5 drops cologne and 1 drop NPA a great one-off test. You could also simply mark

the atomizer bottle with 6 equal graduations and fill the first with NPA and remainder with cologne. You'll want a

perfume funnel to keep the spray from going all over. Outside of CK products, most cologne heads are not easily

removable, so you'll have to spray it in.

DssMaster
02-27-2008, 10:50 AM
I was thinking of mixing a

batch of NPA with Aqua Velva Musk cologne, since it comes with the screw-on cap, which makes it easier to pour out

instead of spraying it out into another bottle. And yeah the funnel thing would make it easy to get it into the

bottle, but I already have one syringe that came in one of those DIY ink refill kits for printers, along with the

needle to insert the ink into the printer cardtrige. I cleaned it (syringe and needle) last night to make sure

there's no ink in it, and thought it would be perfect to take accurate measurements. I can get one of those

atomizer bottles at one of those salon supply stores which there are a few around here. The only question I have is

which kind to get. Does it have to be metal or glass or can I also use one made of plastic?

Mtnjim
02-27-2008, 11:12 AM
... Does it

have to be metal or glass or can I also use one made of plastic?

Any one will work, but the plastic might

"hold" scents.

happens31
02-27-2008, 11:44 AM
hello. can you let me know

what stores carry them and at what price?

Mtnjim
02-27-2008, 02:43 PM
hello. can

you let me know what stores carry them and at what price?

Sephora, Wallgreens??

DssMaster
02-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Ok thanks

Mtnjim (http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/member.php?u=48), and to

happens31 just about any salon supply store will have them, or you can google it and you'll find places

where to order them online.