PDA

View Full Version : The scent of Impi Yellow

TRense
02-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Does anyone

know a perfume or cologne that smells like it? See, the thing is that I like this product a lot! Both the phero

mix as well as the smell of the cologne. But the cover fragrance just isn't strong enough to cover the mones (good

deal of -none in it!) up until the end. Result, after five to six hours you smell like you-know-what... So I'm

looking for some extra cover and I want it to be as close to the original scent as possible, for I happen to like

that (strange) combination of citrus and vanilla. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

TRense
03-01-2008, 08:53 AM
*kick* No one? Bruce, can you

perhaps help me with this?

Gegogi
03-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Go to a hippie new age witch

organic food store and buy citrus and vanilla EO. You can use it straight if your skin isn't too sensitive or cut

it with perfumer's alcohol and spray from an atomizer.

While various citrus EO are common in men's colognes,

vanilla tends to be used more in women's products.

TRense
03-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Don't you think I already tried

that? It's not the same at all!

Tried it with all kinds of citrus/lemon and vanilla combinations, both

natural and synthetic and combinations there off, but no, nada, not even close.

There is some kind of spice in

there too. I first thought it was cinnamon maybe, so I tried that, but that's not it. Then I thought of clove, but

that didn't work either.

And yes, I'm well aware of the use of citrus and vanilla in (men's) fragrances, but

they rarely come in combination. I don't know of one. Do you?

Hell, I know it's not the greatest scent in the

world, but I happen to like it, specially in spring and summer evenings. So...

Gegogi
03-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Actually I don't know a thing

about you and your struggles. But, cool, so you know it all. I'm sure you'll juggle the EOs and eventually figure

it out yourself. Personally I think the scent component of IMPI smells terrible--similar to cheap scented soap.

You'd be better off covering it with almost anything.

idesign
03-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Tense, without knowing exactly

what the product uses you're only hope is to smell as many fragrances as you can, and get close to it. Keep in

mind that the scent is mixed with a pheromone(s)

I'm very particular about how I smell, but not so rigid that I

can't appreciate diverse scents.

I appreciate your endeavor, but who knows what scents they use and in what

amounts?

These days there are more scents than people, spray a shot of Yohji Homme on your hand and you'll

forget all about the smell of Impi. I think its in your orbit. :) Or, Caron Third Man, or Cartier Santos, or, or,

or....

DrSmellThis
03-01-2008, 09:44 PM
smell

like you-know-what... So I'm looking for some extra cover and I want it to be as close to the original scent as

possible, for I happen to like that (strange) combination of citrus and vanilla. Any ideas? Thanks in

advance.You can't spit in a perfume shop without hitting a citrus/vanilla perfume. These are the trendy

notes. Le Male, Aqua de Gio, and lots of others have them. Just walk up to the counter and ask for samples.

The

problem with making citrus perfumes yourself is fixing the fleeting citrus aroma so it won't fade almost

immediately. This requires technical knowledge. If you have to mix one yourself, use mainly bergamot and vanilla, as

bergamot doesn't fade so fast, and is a popular citrus in perfumes. You could add a little lime to that to enhance

the bergamot, and a little vetiver as a fixative. Still, that would be pretty low tech.

Coriander is a good

spice to use with citrus, as is clove; but just use a tiny bit.

Good luck.

Gegogi was trying to help. Don't

tear him a new @$$hole. You have 9 posts...

idesign
03-01-2008, 10:06 PM
What DST said. Every time he

posts I take notes, Gegogi too.