PDA

View Full Version : You guys are great

DrSmellThis
02-18-2008, 06:55 AM
..and every once

in a while a great gal happens by too, but we need more of you :)

I guess this is sort of a belated Happy

Valentine's Day greeting.

But I just wanted to thank everyone for hanging out and chatting over the years; or

just for being great people to be aqainted with. It's just a cool community, and I hope it's not too vague or

abstract to say so.

It's too easy to take people here for granted, because it just gets lumped into "that

internet thing" sometimes, instead of individual friendships. For anyone who hasn't felt appreciated, I do

apologise.

Any of you that have interacted in positive way, I appreciate. People here have been so kind,

curious, and respectful. But obviously, I really have enjoyed seeing all you long termers like Gegogi, Kip, Bel,

Oscar, Bruce, Whitehall, workingman, Mobes, sweetbrenda, Watcher, MtnJim, Kool, Holmes, sportswriterguy (whose

handle I forget), AKA, idesign, irish, and all you other folks who have been around. I've left out a lot. You all

have given me so much just in terms of another world to play in, making me feel more important than I am; as well as

being supportive in small as well as large ways.

There have been a lot of extremely interesting conversations

about a world of topics.

Thanks also for your patience when I was spouting off about politics for a time

period. Right or wrong, I believed it important for that particular time to help get certain conversations going in

whatever ways, to help raise awareness a tiny bit during a time when a lot of people felt desperate in a maxed out

way. I'm big on the whole state of awareness thing. And I think there was sort of a shift in people's awareness

for the better, just in general around the country. Not a huge shift, but I felt it was tweaked significantly for

the better. Seems to be a bit more common ground. I wanted to feel like I didn't stand in the way of that

happening. But sometimes when you try to be a "part of something bigger", you deemphasize what might be

best/smoothest for relationships on the immediate scale, which is to say sorry if I was rude (or more

embarrassingly, "crusadey") while pressing a point. It has been a good learning experience in communication skills,

and continues to be as I watch idesign Bel, jim and others discuss things so well.

The point here is, I also

appreciate those good people who have disagreed on occasion, especially Bel and Whitehall, or, say, "Mark the gun

picture guy," who seems like a very nice chap even though I know him less well. (BTW, all of you say lot of things I

agree with too, and have very interesting ideas.)

Thanks for being friends. I'll try to remember more names,

when I'm not so sleepy.

And of course thanks everyone for buying the perfume. But that's a slightly different

kind of appreciation.

belgareth
02-18-2008, 07:39 AM
Hey Doc,

First a thank

you!

Second, you have not only entertained me a number of times, you have informed and enlightened me as well.

In spite of many disagreements I like to believe there is mutual respect and feel you are a valuable member of the

forum, as much so as any of the rest you mentioned.

Please keep up the informative and fun posts and please join

the debates whenever you feel the urge. I personally enjoy your input.

Bruce
02-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Well, heck, thanks. And we love you

too ya know. Doc, you are one of the few folks here who I have met in the real world. You've been with the forum

since way back too. To the nose who knows, many thanks for everything.

B

idesign
02-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Hey Doc,

You might like to

know that your response to one of my very first posts here was so friendly and helpful that I immediately felt at

home and hooked on L-S. Then I found your Perfume Basics thread and my checkbook taught me to hate you. :) Having

overcome that crisis, I now look forward eagerly when I see that you've posted.

May we all strive to contribute

as much as you have, and "crusade" as effectively. Good job.

Oh, an in the spirit of this thread, thanks to you

other guys too. You all HAVE created a great community.

MOBLEYC57
02-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Ha! I just sent Tammy a love

letter!

Thanks Doc, and know that you're appreciated as well!

And to the rest of you Mad Scientist ... glad

to be in this family! :cheers:

<happy tear rolls down face>

Keep spreading your smell, help everyone that

you can, and respect cost nothing! :run:

DrSmellThis
02-21-2008, 03:40 AM
Keep spreading your smell, help everyone that you can, and respect cost nothing! :run:Thanks. Mobes, you

are eminently quotable, as is so often the case.

DrSmellThis
02-21-2008, 03:48 AM
You all

HAVE created a great community.
Yeah, it's strange sometimes to think of all these people coming together

around something so apparently strange as recreating the smells we emit from our nether regions.

Thank you,

idesign, for the kind syllables, and for spreading good vibes.

DrSmellThis
02-21-2008, 04:27 AM
you

have not only entertained me a number of times, you have informed and enlightened me as well. In spite of many

disagreements I like to believe there is mutual respect ....I always admire and respect a high character guy

such as yourself. thanks for your thoughtful, provocative, and honest posting.

DrSmellThis
02-21-2008, 04:35 AM
And we

love you too ya know...

Doc, you are one of the few folks here who I have met in the real world...

You're the same great guy in person, I should remind everyone. To contribute something to your operation

is a priviledge.

Being a Berkely Grad, you've got me right there. You are the alpha man in so many ways!

idesign
06-22-2008, 07:39 PM
I noticed tonight that

Doc's next post will be number 6000. Then looking I noted Bruce has just cleared 6K and Belgareth is pushing 7K.

My own count has just reached 1K. I'm humbled and appreciative.

This is not about numbers of posts, but

about who here has gone the long haul, and gained the experience and knowledge that such dedication brings. And

they continue to offer guidance, advice and great discussion.

The real kicker is that they put up with all of

us... :trout:

Thanks guys. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

belgareth
06-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Most of mine are because I am

in reality an opinionated and argumentive old fart. It doesn't mean I was being anything but a pain in the

backside.

idesign
06-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah, there's always that.

:POKE: :lol:

But I've also seen you be very helpful and friendly in your weaker moments. :)

belgareth
06-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Character defects that I am

working to overcome.

There really are some great people here. The list of both current and past members I am

indepted too is long.

Holmes
06-27-2008, 07:56 AM
This has been a remarkable forum

over the years. It was one of the first with which I really felt compelled to register and it set a high standard;

after spending time here, many other forums seemed dull, unwelcoming, or myopic by comparison.

It was also one

of the first places wherein I actually recall wanting to meet some of the faces behind the pseudonyms.

There are

precious few forums on which I participate regularly (or even sporadically) these days, but this has definitely been

one to return to, even if only as a fly on the wall. I may not be using pheromones at the very moment (for reasons

too complicated to get into and, franky, too boring to hear), but I always find myself coming back to see what you

guys are saying.