PDA

View Full Version : Business Success and at the office

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2002, 03:34 PM
I\'m convinced that pheromones can be effective in attracting attention from either gender. So, what do you all suggest for everyday wear in the office or for someone in sales & marketing. I don\'t want to turn off potential business partners or team mates (male or female). I can always change the formula when hunting for female companionship. Got any experiences to relate? images/icons/crazy.gif

Whitehall
02-15-2002, 04:18 PM
Since starting to wear a bit of NPA plus cologne at work, the respect factor has definitely increased. My fellow engineers congregate around me sometimes and are incresingly deferential. Maybe its my own self-confidence, already high, that is improving the work atmosphere or maybe its the pheromones. Get more back pats too.

The downside are the outliers - that rare individual with a serious negative reaction. One woman at work complained when I paid a short visit to her cubicle to see if she had a stamp. Complained \"that I was staring at her breasts\" and made her feel uncomfortable. I\'m innocent - I swear!

Just be careful.

BTW, I wear Eau d\' Sauvge w/ NPA during the day and Dolce & Gabanna w/ NPA during the evening.

[ February 15, 2002: Message edited by: Whitehall ]

**DONOTDELETE**
02-16-2002, 12:47 PM
Youll soon take them for granted aka which is when you need to stop wearing them for a week or so to bring yourself back down thats what i found anyway. NPA is good alter ego works ok and also attraction and i hear the unscented stff works as well. Just a few pointers anything that works outside of work will work in work it just needs to probably be toned down a little or ramped up depending on youre thinking.

Bruce
02-16-2002, 04:38 PM
Artisreal,
I think you can expect something to happen in any or all social situations, and ditto what has been said above. I would just add that the folks you meet are after as many pieces of the perception puzzle as they can find about you, in addition to the ones that enter their consciousness via the nose. So, there is a lot you can do to defuse any possible negative reactions and support the positive ones. I often use the example of the bodybuilder, but it could just as well be a person with a powerful intellect as a powerful body. When such a person walks into a room there is a certain supernormal buzz happening in the room, but it resonates differently in each and every mind present. \"What a man!\" \"What a hunk!\" \"What an asshole!\" \"What a geek!\" \"Now there\'s a guy we need on the rugby team!\" \"Hey, that guy could give me some tips on my lifting!\" The only thing in common with all the different reactions is the exclamation mark, but wait! It turns out he is a single dad, cooks, crochets, coaches a little league team, and has a big friendly smile, \"How ya doin?\" and handshake for everybody in the room. Kinda changes things doesn\'t it? Whenever somebody has something you want, there is always that big question: \"Is this person going to share it with me, or not, or even worse use \'it\' against me?\"
Bruce

a.k.a.
02-16-2002, 11:39 PM
artisreal,
I’ve never done sales. My last job was in marketing research and I enjoyed a lot of positive attention with APC. My new job’s in middle management and APC seemed to be having a negative effect, so I swore off pheros in the workplace until SOE came out.

I’ve been wearing small doses of SOE to work every day for the past two weeks and people’s trust and respect have gone up dramatically. Not to mention everybody seems to love me. People’s reactions have been so good that it’s starting to spook me.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-18-2002, 01:40 AM
Also depends wether they are alpha male or not, if they are they will get offisde with you because you represent a threat to his reproductive ability (only happens with the real aggressive types or they will bond with you for their \"supposed advantage\" usually it goes nowhere just a remanent human behaviour. Others will react accordinig to as bruce says a wide range number of factors but the factor will be present of course but anything with nol in it will be good as normal try to keep the none within limits.
Try to get along with people where possible makes things a little easier.