PDA

View Full Version : conversation starters?

kingjohn1369
12-19-2007, 10:09 PM
anyone got

any good conversation starters with strangers? even if it leads to a long conversation.

also any better ideas

for applying SOEscented? the roller ball seems to get stuck, just makes it too inconsistent

Almost a week in a

it's goin great so far. no ODs like i thought would happen and i can definitetly see changes in girls at work even

with only 2 dabs NPA (been using with the plastic piece on) but nothin big, more eye contact mainly. Today while

bartending with 2 dabs (with plastic on) i kept catching this this 25wf staring while i was working but she was with

her husband

learning alot about the different scents out there and mone, thanks for all your previous posts!

PS i don't recomend mixing SOE and NPA with Prada for men. the prada does something, found out that was the bad

smell the other night. but by itself it smells Great!

vendettaseve
12-20-2007, 12:48 AM
As far as conversation

starters go, its really not a verbal thing. Youl be talking to her long before you say anything with your

mouth.

Body language is an art you must master. Nothing is ever set in stone when it comes to body language but I

can give you a few guide lines that will be generaly helpful, (Or not, it all depends on the woman) but thankfully

some things do generalize as a whole.

While sitting at a table, be sure to keep your legs open, for a male to do

this, it means come talk to me, im available. Crossing your legs says your waiting for someone, crossing your ankles

says Im nervous or I have hidden intent.

Keep your hands out of your pockets and on the table, keep your palms

facing up as much as possible without accualy resting the back of your hands on the table, also try to keep your

hands spaced around the same as your knees, this is an inviting position, it is important not to hide your palms as

this creates subconsious anxiety. Keeping your palms visable gives you a look of honesty. Never cross your arms,

this is a barrier, touch your face as little as possible, and try not to adjust your clothes. If something is really

bothering you, excuse yourself to teh bathroom and deal with it there.

There you go, thats V's guide to the

first 45 seconds of attracting a females attention.

On a side note, I find mixing NPA with most designer (As in

fashion designer) colognes is a VERY bad idea, Im not 100% sure why, but I have heard its due to the way they

brew thier scents. Youl get the same sort of scent freakout with cheaper colognes. I put a bit of Vault on to cover

my NPA, and thus smelt like ear cheese for the rest of the day. The best way to hide the NPA is with a more

expensive and msukier cologne, Id invest in a bit of Drakkar Noir or maybe some Preffered Stock, if you low on

money. Just go easy with it, a little goes a long way in both cases.

vendettaseve
12-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Oh one other thing

regarding eye contact, as it is very important and without it none of the stuff I previously talked about will work

for you.

Keep your eyes up, look around at the other people around you, its safe to look at anyone whos standing,

keep your eyes off the people who are paired up and sitting.

Once you notice that youv caught someones eye, look

her right in the eyes, dont give her a hard stare but keep eye contact, once your both looking, give her a nice

smile and possibly a small hand gesture towards your conveniently placed, second chair :)

Keep your eyes on her

face and off her tits for now :P If she accepts your offer and begins to walk towards you, sit up straight and wait,

once she has a hand on the chair, go ahead and check her out, ONCE and only for a moment, dont try to hide it, the

worst thing you can do is be caught taking a look at everything and then denying it, go ahead, look, she knows its

there and your going to look eventualy. best thing you can do is look and approve.

Mind you dont go for seconds

inless you have a Bond-esk line of smoothness to slap on her about why your staring at her chest, and trust me, you

dont have one :P

Good luck guys :)

CptKipling
12-20-2007, 02:51 AM
If your new to this then the

meat of what I'm going to say won't matter yet. As a foundation, just get used to talking to people and opening

yourself up to (subconscious) feedback that they offer you.

As for topics; almost anything. You could go

contextual and pick something for the environment (<when food shopping> "are these good?"), ask for recommendations

for an item you're looking for, etc. Or ask an opinion about something interesting. Or even ask the time or

directions to someplace with an interesting story as your reason for looking for it.

As you progress though,

it'll become very important to set the frame of your interaction. It's all well and good approaching a stranger

and having a conversation, but if all you are doing is talking about mundane things and not moving towards the

outcome that you want in the long run you are a) wasting your time, and b) kidding yourself.

Will expand on this

later :)

kingjohn1369
12-20-2007, 03:56 PM
thanks for the tips so far

guys, V the Drakkar seems to go perfect with the mones. (walmart seems to have the best price, 1 oz 20$)I have a

long way to go until im close to a smooth talker but im young and have lots of time to practice :thumbsup:

vendettaseve
12-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Ah, up here in Canada land

Drakkar is a bit more expensive, but it is amazing for covering that musky odor of NPA and other stinky mones.

As

far as smooth talking goes, dont worry so much about it, youl only get shot down if you try too hard to be something

your not, drop the lines and be honest :)

Good luck man

idesign
12-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Ah,

up here in Canada land Drakkar is a bit more expensive, but it is amazing for covering that musky odor of NPA and

other stinky mones.

As far as smooth talking goes, dont worry so much about it, youl only get shot down if you

try too hard to be something your not, drop the lines and be honest :)

Good luck man

Great tip V.

I'm not a smooth talker by any means, and as soon as I learned to relax and be myself my success rate increased

dramatically. That was 25 years ago and it still works. :)

Drakkar is great for covering -mones. You might try

the Noir version too, a little darker and smokier. It really is a classic scent, well enough composed to not be

dated, except for that "memory effect" from a million men having worn it in the 80s. Its still in my rotation.

gaf
12-20-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm often crap at starting

conversations but have learnt some basics. Don't ask yes or no questions, phrase it in a different manor. ie: "what

brings you here" rather then "come here often?"
What sort of music do you like, try instead "whats on you ipod at

the moment?" Another basic covered above is don't look away if the cutie at the bar catches you checking her out ,

just smile and she'll probably look away first or if she's an alpha woman wait for you too. DON'T!. Also, don't

complement a hottie on her great figure as they hear that all the time, be original and say her necklace/earings

look good then tease her about them.
Works for me but YMMV. Finally, don't get hung up on one girl at the

bar/club/wherever. If she brushes you off go find the next one, woman hate competition and I've had many

reapproache me once they see another show interest. I call that "studly by social proof"

later:
I'll follow

that up with don't be rude if you see the chick that brushed you off later in the evening ,who knows you may see

her next week and get lucky. Remember, woman have friends and if YOU'RE not interested in HER, she may have a

friend that suits you. There are plenty of woman out there, find one YOU want rather then one that will be with

you.

Gegogi
12-20-2007, 07:30 PM
SOE roller balls are pretty

inconsistent: some work great while others hardly work. I save the old bottles and simply reuse the good roller

tops.

Starting conversations with strangers is easier if you have something in common. Join a club, dance class,

church, etc., and you'll immediately have something in common and it's expected one should make small talk. Plus,

you can expect to see them again without the pressure of immediately getting their number.

CptKipling
12-21-2007, 02:08 AM
So...

First of all you need

to actually decide on the outcome that you want, both in general and more specifically for each interaction.

A

couple of examples:

"I want to take her home tonight"

"I want to get her number and meet up later"

"I want

to have a fun time with her here [where ever you might be]"

"I want to build a connection with this girl and

portray my personality positively in the process"

"I just want to have a pleasant conversation" (this only

applies if you have no romantic interest at all by the way!)

...stuff like that. Once you know that, you have

to make sure that the topics and themes of your conversation are conducive to you getting to your destination.

For example, for getting her home that night you need to be focusing on more intense topics that will spike her

emotions, things that are exciting and unpredictable.

But for a pleasant conversation all you need to do is be

friendly and charming, saying things that gently gain rapport.