PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on starting, cant smell none dislike cologne

yngwie
12-18-2007, 11:31 PM
So basically I cannot smell -none. I also have poor smelling in general, so I stay away from

cologne. I am afraid if I try to cover some mones that I will really overdo or underdo it.

Most of you believe

everyone has their own signature or whatever, but there is no way to figure this out beforehand. But some info

about me would be good, I am a 21 year old white male.

A scented product would be fine because generally an

amount is suggested for use. So what would you suggest to someone who is wearing mones for the first time that does

not require a cover scent?

Gegogi
12-19-2007, 01:08 PM
A general use product with a

build-in cover, e.g, Chikara, Alter Ego or scented SOE.

idesign
12-19-2007, 09:16 PM
A general

use product with a build-in cover, e.g, Chikara, Alter Ego or scented SOE.

Yes, and if you want to ramp

up with a -none product A7 scented is pretty nice uncovered, with a light application.

As for covers, you can use

the "spray and walk" technique. Spray some cologne into the air in front of you and walk into the mist. The result

will be a light covering and never overpowering. If wearing -mones you should do this twice.

Best of luck and

welcome

tkenshin
12-20-2007, 12:41 AM
A general

use product with a build-in cover, e.g, Chikara, Alter Ego or scented SOE.

hey gegogi, i've been

reading some of your post and ur on oahu right? what combos have been working for you over here?

vendettaseve
12-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Try not to use Axe or Tag

or any of thoes body sprays, they make you smell like grade 10 gym class, and I find they combine into a strange

smell with most mones.

Gegogi is right with that, if you cant figure out how to cover them or dont want to try

just incase, go with a scented mone. Altho if youv already bought something without a scent, Id suggest buying a

light cologne to cover with, that way when you go totaly overboard its not going to make people gag :)

Adidas

moves is a good choice for the financialy impaired, its nice and light and no matter how much you put on, it still

smells the same. :P

Good luck bud

moonlighter
12-20-2007, 05:14 PM
What about Curve (green

bottle, and my favorite), Drakkar Noir, Javan White Musk (old bottle), and recently got the new R.S.V.P (kenneth

cole).
Ever tried any of these to cover Mones?

vendettaseve
12-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Drakkar Noir is good for

mones, Curve when mixed with NPA gets a funny smell. I havent tried any of the others.

BGuy20
12-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Curve smells like a pale

imitation of something else, I just can't remember what the something else is. :blink:

Even though you

don't like cologne, I'd recommend either Burberry Brit or Armani Code, both have a nice powdery smell to them that

(IMHO) isn't too overpowering. You can also use just the deodorants/body washes if you'd rather not use the

cologne, or even an after-shave. I do find that it's worth investing in something to cover the smell of mones,

especially -none.

I was going to suggest Axe/Tag since you were starting out, but I agree with the above

poster who suggested that you'd smell like a 10th grade gym class.