PDA

View Full Version : Plastic spray bottles

belmont
11-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Just got 5ml

spray bottles from 'other side'...its made of plastic and i wonder if it will react with the contents (alcohol,

pheromones etc) or cause the contents to have some smell.

Gone
11-24-2007, 06:55 PM
I reuse their 5 ml bottles

frequently. I don't note any smell from the container.

I do carry them in wallets modified from women's

pocketbooks. There have been reports of them releasing their contents when carried unprotected in a pocket.

belmont
11-24-2007, 08:34 PM
hmm, ok. but i am getting glass

ones (5 or 8ml ones) from ebay...its cheaper too...meanwhile i will fill one of the plastic ones and use it for

emergency situations...hjaha

Rbt
11-24-2007, 10:11 PM
I've only refilled those mini-spray

bottles with the original contents (from a larger bottle) so don't know if there is any problem. Shouldn't be. But

you may want to consider rinsing them out. I would think even plain water should work (make sure you spray it a few

times to clear spray head itself). I'd be tempted to maybe try the 91% alcohol stuff (not the "rubbing alcohol")

unless you have acccess to perfumer's alcohol.

I agree you may want to be careful if carrying them in a pocket.

I used a belt case (from a cell phone or camera) when I packed stuff when going out. They aren't all that durable,

and can break or leak. I've otherwise stuck em in a plastic zip-lock "snack bag" and left them in a breifcase or

coat pocket where I can retrieve them when needed.

If you want something better, do what Gegogi does and buy

yourself a good mini-atomizer from someone like Sephora or maybe eBay (with the usual be-careful-of-quality

cautions).