PDA

View Full Version : Question about coincidence and placebo

starvulture
11-21-2007, 06:12 PM
Hello, I just recieved my SOE today and am looking forward to trying it.

I was thinking though,

in the past 2 days I have worn no pheromones, and have never worn them, as I am a newbie, however,

1. A

woman who normally is rather grumpy had a cheerful conversation with me in an elevator.

2. A woman started a

conversation with me in a hall and wanted to keep talking to me.

I've never worn pheromones! It made me

think, now if I had gotten these pheromones 2 days earlier, I would have attributed both these things to the

pheromones - it wasn't even exactly the placebo effect because my behavior didn't change at all - it was just

sheer coincidence!

So I wonder, how do I distinguish sheer coincidence from actual effects of the pheromones?

How can I be objective about it?

What I am hoping is that either the overall reactions will improve, such

as over weeks, or the reactions will be much stronger intensity so that I can distinguish. But how can I be

objective about it, I mean is there really any way to distinguish sheer coincidence with results?

Gegogi
11-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Short of a long battery of

controlled double blind tests, you can't. All you can do is, after a reasonable amount of trials, start to notice

nothing is different or something is different. The thing is, with mones, you are still essentially you. People

still respond to your clues. Mones do nothing but amplify your words and actions a notch. If you're friendly, it

makes you seem a little more friendly than normal. If you're depressed and down, you poor mood is even more

apparent. So you with mones on is the same as you without mones, just slightly enhanced. No fire and brimstone or

blaring trumpets. Enhancement is normally subtle except for a few rare "incidents."

gfunk
11-22-2007, 11:28 AM
And to add from my own

perspective, on a good day, with the right mix and the right people in the best time of the monthly cycle it could

actually be described just as having fire, brimstone and blaring trumpets all at once!:smite:

Gegogi
11-22-2007, 02:55 PM
"...on a good day, with

the right mix and the right people in the best time of the monthly cycle it could actually be described just as

having fire, brimstone and blaring trumpets all at once!"

I'd describe that as a rare alignment of the

all your lucky stars. If does happen--and it's great when it does--but not too many will experience such luck on a

regular basis, especially a noob walking through a shopping mall expecting horny women to fall from the sky like

torrential rain.

Rbt
11-22-2007, 06:40 PM
My opinion:

If the stars do

align just right, you can indeed (probably) get some overwhelming and obvious reactions. (I haven't yet myself).

Otherwise, it is something that may not appear for some time, through repeated exposure. I usually figure that it

can take weeks if not months before something "registers" enough to become part of someone's reaction towards me.

There have been a few times when I've picked up what may have been a "reaction" with a breif exposure, like the

time a store clerk asked me if the woman I as with was my mother. She was only 5 years older than I, however I was

wearing a fair dose of androstenone-containing pheromones at the time (my only possible "hit" with Perception gel by

the way).

The situation/environment can make a difference as well. In a club environment, where most of the

attendies (male and female) are likely to be at their peak of horniness (eg women at "high point" in cycle) a heavy

androstenone product may bring out the beast rather quickly, In a shopping mall... it's another story. Plus the

mental "set" someone would have at a club (I wanna get laid) vs the mall (I wanna get shoes) will have an effect on

reactions.

And here is a gem I saw in a post at "another site" from a female member that should be engraved on

your brain:

"...for most women, sex is psychological."

And as I have found out over time, that

"psychological" mindset can happen fast OR take a fair while to develop. No easy answers when it comes to dealing

with people.

tounge
11-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Short of a

long battery of controlled double blind tests, you can't. All you can do is, after a reasonable amount of trials,

start to notice nothing is different or something is different. The thing is, with mones, you are still essentially

you. People still respond to your clues. Mones do nothing but amplify your words and actions a notch. If you're

friendly, it makes you seem a little more friendly than normal. If you're depressed and down, you poor mood is even

more apparent. So you with mones on is the same as you without mones, just slightly enhanced. No fire and brimstone

or blaring trumpets. Enhancement is normally subtle except for a few rare "incidents."

This is

the absolute truth. It could be a sticky:thumbsup:

idesign
11-23-2007, 05:12 PM
This is the

absolute truth. It could be a sticky:thumbsup:

Absolutely.

I would add that -mones are also sometimes

a "door opener". Mones cause reactions, sometimes strong ones, and if you're sensitive enough to reactions, even

the subtlest ones, you can use it to your benefit. I've had that happen both socially and at work. That plays on

Gegogi's post, the door might open, but its You who has to walk through it.

gfunk
11-24-2007, 05:38 AM
:type: These are well written

arguments as G usually makes, however for it to be a objective and informative sticky it would need a less

subjective and preachy wording that seems to come across as quite negative and discouraging. It also needs to shed

some light on the possibilities that some people do actually get some really outstanding responses too, both

positive and negative, and for some people it might even be without much personal effort. It would need a focus on

different people get different results, some quite consistently get strong responses, others some responses and some

none at all while others get all shades in between of these.

I consider myself in the category who get more or

less quite strong reactions most of the time wearing a solid amount of mones. It doesn't seem like Gegogi does get

that kind of reactions and his arguments will be truth for someone with a similar/identical body and mindset.

Remember G is somewhat unique compared to anybody else here on the forum in the way that he can and usually wear

ridiculously high amount of pheromones than the rest of us. This itself does seem to indicate that pheromones

doesn't work very well for him to begin with.

Gegogi, sorry for writing in third person, it's not intentional

to make a heated discussion or diss you in any way. As said your arguments and personal views are valid, well

written and you have some great points as always. My intention was a replying to the sticky

issue.:thumbsup:

Writing a sticky of how pheromones work is like the most difficult job in the world, because it

seems just too relative how it works from person to person and situation to situation. This is why the common world

view towards pheromones is to be skeptic and often ridiculed. Had anyone been able to make a good definition of

effects and consistency based on documented testing then this would for sure be likely to get a break into the

mainstream.

:cheers:

Gegogi
11-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm guessing Gfunk you're a

rare bird if you frequently get strong reactions. Most people's experiences tend towards the mild.

As for me

wearing insane amounts of mones, that situation only applies to androstenone. Most other products require average or

normal doses for good results. I assume my mellow buddha like character and being an older Asian male might have

something to do with being able to wear more -none. And many Asian men--even younger ones--seem to be able to wear

OD levels of 'none successfully.

And sorry about being "preachy" but many noobs have extremely unrealistic

expections and quickly give up when women don't drop from the ceiling and bite them on the arse. I merely wanted to

make a point you need to work with the mones for consistent success.

My fav mone is actually androstenol as it

really helps loosen tongues and enhances ease of socialization, perfect for my work as a college professor.

BGuy20
11-24-2007, 10:52 PM
It might be placebo, yes, but if

you end up knockin' knickers with somebody, do you greatly care about the mechanism that got you there?

I'd

venture that most people don't, especially if they're looking on here in the first place.

Maybe the

excitement of getting the pheromones made you more open to encounters with women. For lots of guys, I think that's

half the battle (or more), so your mindset puts you well on your way.

Add some NPA to that mindset and watch

the fireworks. :lovestruc \o/

tounge
11-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Was not really serious about the

sticky thing. It is far more important to have someone preach the truth than have a "politically correct" phero

forum. 99% of the people who use pheromones would be better off reading the writings of the "Flyin Hawaiian":angel:

then some of the nonsense that can be read about mones all over the internet.:twisted: