PDA

View Full Version : I got a cool...

Mtnjim
11-19-2007, 06:06 PM
new phone this week end.

It's the AT&T "Tilt" (http://mobilitysite.com/2007/10/mobilitysitecoms-att-8925-tilt-review/), and it

blows the "iPhone" away.\o/

I can log into this forum with it, but for some reason, it won't give me a cursor

in the message area of a post reply to write a reply, got to figure this out.

Bruce
11-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Cool!
But can it do all these

things, huh?!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hriAMxCinhg

belgareth
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
That IPhone does it all, I

guess!

I've been using the Palm Treo for several years. It doesn't do all the things the IPhone does but it

works for my business needs. It allows me to log onto the forum, pick up my email and sync to my ACT! database. I

can even listen to music if I want too but have never bothered.

Mtnjim
11-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Cool!
But can

it do all these things, huh?!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hriAMxCinhg

Damn, no bottle

opener, guess the iPhone wins!!:blink:

Bruce
11-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Damn, no bottle

opener, guess the iPhone wins!!:blink:

I like the hand grenade feature.

idesign
11-20-2007, 07:15 PM
I'll be happy when I can just

talk on the thing without interruptions in service. I do travel through some pretty rural areas though.

I have a

new ATT Razor, and I'd like it very much if you could increase the font size of the numbers. I either have to put

on my glasses (if I can find them, seldom) or hold prop the phone against the windshield just to see who's calling,

even when flipped open.

If it had a grenade feature I'd use it on its tiny, unreadable self.

Bruce
11-21-2007, 08:39 AM
I have a razor (Verizon) too. Both

my wife and I wish we had stayed with our previous phones. The only improvement with the Razor is the size. Slips

into my pocket nicely. The old one I had to keep on a clip.

belgareth
11-21-2007, 09:12 AM
My wife has a razor and loves

it. But I can't keep something like that in my pocket while crawling under desks and in attics. They get broken.

Even my Treo has to be in a padded case to keep me from ruining it. I can't tell you the number of times I've had

to go searching for it after some adventure at a client site. The ballistic nylon case has been a life saver.

Mtnjim
11-21-2007, 10:46 AM
With my new phone and Bel with his

Treo, both have more computing power hanging on our belts than was used to put man on the moon. Now there is a scary

thought.:blink:

belgareth
11-21-2007, 11:27 AM
You could say that about the

old ICBM missiles too. Now, there is a scary thought. Just imagine controlling and securing nuclear missiles with an

Apple II.

idesign
11-23-2007, 03:31 PM
I have a

razor (Verizon) too. Both my wife and I wish we had stayed with our previous phones. The only improvement with the

Razor is the size. Slips into my pocket nicely. The old one I had to keep on a clip.

Yes, I liked my

old phone too. But I do like the size of the razor, as you said it slips into a pocket very nicely. I like the big

bright screen too, just wish the incoming calls had bigger numbers, like the number size when you're

dialing.

Bruce, keep a close eye on your moderators. All this talk of "controlling nuclear weapons", and "rocket

launches" is making me nervous.

belgareth
11-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Bruce,

keep a close eye on your moderators. All this talk of "controlling nuclear weapons", and "rocket launches" is making

me nervous.
Now, why would that make you nervous?

Where did you say you were? Latitude and longitude?

Just curious, does your phone have GPS functionality? :run:

idesign
11-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Just

curious, does your phone have GPS functionality?

Uhhh yes... I mean no...

Bruce!!!

Rbt
11-23-2007, 07:42 PM
I had been using a Motorola phone

for a number of years. Recently my carrier changed "systems" and we had to get an "upgrade" from them (a SIM card

type - but it was "free").

The main gripe I have is the new phone, a Nokia, has a very sensitive keypad, and

can turn on even in a case if any pressure is put on it (or get turned off if pressure is long enough). It's also

gone off and dialed some random numbers after I've bumped it a few times. The old Motorola had a side mounted

on/off button that took some pushing. Rarely had the unwanted button pushing/dialing.

Next phone will be a flip

style that covers keypad (and and main screen to keep it from damage) for sure.

Oh, and I do just so happen to

have a couple of old Apple II's in the house just in case...

And a couple of Atari ST's, an Atari 800XL, a

Commodore +4, PC and 286/386 compatibles, and lord knows what else in the closet.. I'm prepared! Not sure what for

though...
:think: