PDA

View Full Version : AFA - Acceptable Substitute for NPA?

Whitehall
02-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Since NPA seems still out of stock, Bruce has offered AFA as a sale item, along with an atomizer. Prior posts indicate that AFA is pretty good but that NPA is better - as is TE but in a different form factor (direct spray.)

I haven\'t tried AFA and it hasn\'t got a lot of mention of late. Anyone care to comment?

oscar
02-11-2002, 04:45 PM
Whitehall,

AFA has its strengths. Stealth is #1. You can easily get away with using it in ratios of 3:1 with colognes that need to be used 5:1 to cover NPA. The stuff contributes very little in the way of stink factor. The smell of the raw product is very clean.

The A-Nol is another plus. (Used to be .020% A-None and .019% A-Nol. Now it\'s listed as having an even .020% of each.)
Mixes well with Issey and APC, so it should do nicely with New West, and others as well.

It\'s a nice addition to the arsenal. However, it will never be an acceptable substitute for NPA in my opinion. images/icons/wink.gif

I\'ve bought one bottle of AFA. I\'ve bought seven of NPA.

Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-12-2002, 10:57 PM
Well, Whitehall - I guess it\'s personal preference again. I\'ve actually bought 5 orders of AFA and only one NPA. I\'ve never really understood what all the buzz was about with NPA; IMHO it\'s just not as effective as AFA - and AFA doesn\'t stink; it may have a slight odor, but it\'s not nearly as offensive as the lesser-grade products.

There\'s my 2 cents images/icons/wink.gif