PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Edge

**DONOTDELETE**
02-10-2002, 01:03 PM
I was looking around and noticed that there is a women\'s Vanilla scented version of The Edge. Is the pheromone content of this version exactly the same as the men\'s version? I have seen many places on here that adding a bit of vanilla scent to your mixes will help to blend the scents and mask the pheromone odor. If the women\'s version of the edge is exactly the same as the men\'s version except for the scent, why not used the women\'s version in your mixes?

Also, what is the difference between NPA and the Edge other than concentration. They are both made by the same company and it says their formulas have not been released. Is TE just a watered down, scented version of NPA?

oscar
02-10-2002, 02:23 PM
JOBOO,

The Edge IS just a watered down, or more accurately, alcohol-ed down version of NPA. If you took a bottle of NPA and poured it into @15ml. of ethanol, what you\'d have would be TE.

If I remember the sequence correctly, first the mens unscented TE was released, then the womens unscented, followed by the mens sandalwood scented version, and lastly the womens vanilla scented formula.

Now this is just guesswork on my part, but if LaCroy was going to market the same formula to men and women, it probably would have been a great deal more cost effective to simply call the original TE a \"Unisex\" product rather than going to the trouble and expense of coming up with different labeling etc.

I\'ve never seen a review on womens TE, scented or unscented. I do recall one female poster stating that womens NPA smelled strongly of Androstenone though. (Deja Vu here.) So maybe A-None is the primary phero in both NPA and TE, mens and womens alike, and only the accursed yet wonderful \"secret ingredients\" vary between the gender- specific formulae.

In my opinion it\'s not very likely that womens and mens TE (or NPA) have the exact same phero components, so you\'d probably be safer getting the mens unscented TE and adding your own vanilla to it. This would also enable you to choose the vanilla additive according to YOUR preferences, and allow you to have some scented while keeping some unscented, or scented with other fragrances, giving you more choices and flexibility.

Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

Bruce
02-10-2002, 04:56 PM
Hello,
Oscar is right on target with the difference between Edge and NPA, although I think Edge might have a slightly greater total pheromone content. I have been meaning to get that cleared up with the LaCroy. On the other hand the formulae are very different between the men\'s and women\'s versions of both products. As I remember, the women\'s formula is even a bit more complex than the men\'s, but it does contain quite a bit of aNONE, and I have gotten some complaints about that from female customers, so maybe it is too much. aNONE is not the major ingredient though, just the only stinky one. Even a small amount can be disturbing if you are a woman with a sensitive nose, and sniff the application point. That was the first moment of doubt for me with DateMate. The women\'s formula is suppposed to contain a substantial amount of aNONE, though admittedly much less than the men\'s, but no matter how much I sprayed on a piece of cloth I couldn\'t detect more than a very very faint aNONE smell there. Even the men\'s DM contains very little aNONE, but you can definitely smell it if you use 3-4 sprays.
Bruce