PDA

View Full Version : Pheros feedback

idesign
09-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Got my shipment of

Pheros today and have to applaud Bruce for again providing great service. :thumbsup:

Thought that this new

thread would be a good place for Pheros buyers to post their impressions.

First impressions: Nothing less than

amazing. I've been smelling it on my wrist for over 3 hours now and every time its different. There's a

consistent musk note after the opening of fresh woods and spice, but not at all overpowering, and lots of other

things come through over time. Complex!

To be completely honest, the first 30-60 seconds after application there

was some subtle note I didn't like and thought, Oh No! Nothing strong, but a scent that didn't seem to fit. It

died very quickly, and its not uncommon for me to not like a fragrance fresh on my skin. Even EOs.

As it matured

I realized that I was experiencing a half-dozen of my favorite colognes all rolled into one, and even better because

there was none of the brash chemical assault and subsequent shallowness. Pheros is warm from the beginning and

keeps inviting you in.

Very well done Dr. I now know why Pheros has the reputation it does.

DrSmellThis
09-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks for your detailed

feedback, idesign. Your analysis is accurate, except for the praise, which is neither accurate nor innaccurate.

Frankly, I agree totally about the one annoying note. I know exactly what you mean, and spent countless hours over

months in damage control trying to subtract it out or disguise it, with only modest success. It was a batch, not a

formula, so you're stuck with it.

It came from a mistake in adding one ingredient -- just the slightest touch

-- that I never should have added. It was much worse at first, trust me; and I was very depressed until progress was

made to "heal it". It is part of the top note, so it does go away, like you said.

Oh well, lots of good things

have a flaw. The best I can say is that I managed to make it a minor aspect over time. Like you said.

The fact

that it smells different every time you smell it bucks every trend in contemporary perfuming, which tends toward

simple "consorts" that always smell the same. The professional "Nose" who smelled it had that as his primary

criticism. So it's kind of guerrilla perfume in that way.

Anyway, in order to have it be the same all the

time, you have to age every oil just the right amount of time, which means you have to be working for a multimillion

dollar international perfume corporation with a huge budget set aside for your particular product. A small detail.

;)

Personally, I don't mind the kaleidoscope effect. Makes life more interesting; more organic. That's the way

life is; and the way people are too.

idesign
09-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Personally I LOVE the

"kaleidoscope effect", and that's a great term for it. And its unpredictability always pleases.

The funny note

at the beginning is not that big a deal, and I hesitated to even mention it. You have to really pay attention at

just the right time to even catch it. Its so fleeting, and in no way detracts from the experience.

I like the

way the scent lingers like a memory. I've noticed this with EOs too. Even after it totally leaves the skin my

nose (or brain) registers the scent at random times. It happened this morning 2 or 3 times before I applied it for

the day. Does this make any sense?

Hope others will chime in. Whaddya think guys/gals?

DrSmellThis
09-27-2007, 10:10 PM
I like

the way the scent lingers like a memory. I've noticed this with EOs too. Even after it totally leaves the skin my

nose (or brain) registers the scent at random times. It happened this morning 2 or 3 times before I applied it for

the day. Does this make any sense?Yes. The reason you remember the smell so well is because of the analog

pheromones, which have corresponding places in the brain and olfactory system that have evolved to process them.

Your brain is already hard wired to process valerian root, sandalwood, almond, cumin, floral elements, benzoin,

and the musks; to name some examples. Other scents in Pheros, like real citrus and honey, are memorable

because they are processed like food.

This is why people often remark that it smells "familiar", and that they

remember vividly how it smells. The same can be said for synthetic lab pheromones, as recent research posted in this

forum suggested.

If your smell creates a lasting impression, hopefully you will too.

Commercial perfumes,

on the other hand, are made from tweaked petroleum derivatives and the like; often brand new chemicals that our

neurological/olfactory systems are not designed to process. They are going to register as strange rather than

familiar, and are going to be comparitively easy to forget.

Guy101
09-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Well, I have not tried Pheros

before, but is it an oil base or what?

Tiger4
09-28-2007, 10:21 AM
When did you

order it? I preordered mine 21 Sept. and it still hasn't arrived yet.:think:

Got

my shipment of Pheros today and have to applaud Bruce for again providing great service. :thumbsup:

DrSmellThis
09-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Well, I

have not tried Pheros before, but is it an oil base or what?Alcohol and water.

jamesdeanmartin
09-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Just got mine today.

Smells great. Will try it out tonight in all likelihood at the bars.

idesign
09-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Your

brain is already hard wired to process valerian root, sandalwood, almond, cumin, floral elements, benzoin, and the

musks; to name some examples. Other scents in Pheros, like real citrus and honey, are memorable because they

are processed like food.

Commercial perfumes, on the other hand, are made from tweaked petroleum derivatives

and the like; often brand new chemicals that our neurological/olfactory systems are not designed to process. They

are going to register as strange rather than familiar, and are going to be comparitively easy to

forget.

Thanks Doc, this makes perfect sense.

I've been reading that EOs have such complex molecular

structures that many (or even most) oils have not even been broken down completely. It would seem that all

the constituents of any natural scent would play a role in our perception, esp at subliminal levels.

To

isolate a particular compound for its pleasure factor would eliminate the whole, which is the most amazing part.

There are some commercial frags that I really like, but I don't remember them until I put them on again.

Before I hijack another thread, my own even! I will say that Pheros is more than just a great smelling scent.

Your comment about it being more "organic" and more "like people" is just right.

And its becoming addictive.

:lovestruc

CAtriathlete
09-28-2007, 05:23 PM
I got mine today and I'm

in heaven! I love the complexity and the way it evolves over time on my skin.

I've never been a fan of scents

that had such spice notes, but this truly rocks.

Bravo!

Now I may need to get some concentrate for the

future...

-CAt

Gorgar
09-28-2007, 05:38 PM
My bottle arrived today. I tried

a small sample and right away it sort of reminded me of "Old Spice". It does fade into a nice pleasant scent that I

keep sniffing, it makes me feel good. I'll be wearing it tomorrow night with a bit of Perception.

belgareth
09-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Try it with SoE(u), they go

great together. I'm planning on trying mine out with AQ(u) this weekend.

DrSmellThis
09-28-2007, 09:36 PM
It does

fade into a nice pleasant scent that I keep sniffing, it makes me feel good.I've had a tendency to feel

depressed lately, and found that applying Pheros to my face like aftershave pretty much lifts my depression

away for the rest of the day. A tiny bit under the nose seems to increase the effect. Honestly, I am suprised at how

well it has been working for that. Even though I always knew it was good for mood and emotions, I was focused on

other aspects of it.

I definitely recommend people try it for mood purposes. It just occured to me all of a

sudden that the effect was pretty remarkable for that; really a sort of radical difference; like you would expect

from an antidepressant drug without the side effects. Like there is no way it could be your imagination.

I'd be

very interested to know whether others are affected in this way, to this extent.

What was most remarkable about

it for me was that the effect has been lasting, with no crash or come down; not a temporary spike in mood.

Gone
09-29-2007, 05:46 AM
I like it. It reminds me of scents

from the 19th and early 20th century. Those are often my favorites, and Pheros will easily join them. It's good

to find someone still using natural oils and understanding their interactions.

Mine is separating out a bit. I

think there is too much water in the carrier. Perhaps a higher concentration of alcohol for the carrier would be

better. I was considering moving it to a spray bottle but I won't because this separation requires shaking before

use and that wouldn't mix the oils in the spray tube.

Tiger4
09-30-2007, 01:36 AM
I have

to admit that when I first smelled the pheros I was disappointed. It smelled rather familiar, like some scented oils

I remembered smelling somewhere. I then put some behind the ears and on my neck and could not smell a thing on me,

so I put on a little more. Later that day, something strange happened. I went to the grocery store and was asking

myself "what is that smell?" (forgetting that I had the pheros on). Then it occured to me that it was the pheros on

me. The scent smelled a little richer than it did from the bottle. It didn't seem like a very strong scent at

first, but I could smell it on me later in the day. Maybe others can smell it on me even better?

WorkingMann
09-30-2007, 07:34 AM
Does it come in the bottle

shown in the picture with the cork or what does it come in?

Gone
09-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Does it

come in the bottle shown in the picture with the cork or what does it come in?

I haven't seen the

pictures, but mine came in a little spherical bottle of clear glass, with a screw top. No label.

DrSmellThis
09-30-2007, 01:16 PM
I like it.

It reminds me of scents from the 19th and early 20th century. Those are often my favorites, and Pheros will easily

join them. It's good to find someone still using natural oils and understanding their interactions.

Mine is

separating out a bit. I think there is too much water in the carrier. Perhaps a higher concentration of alcohol for

the carrier would be better. I was considering moving it to a spray bottle but I won't because this separation

requires shaking before use and that wouldn't mix the oils in the spray tube.I'm glad you appreciate an

old school approach.

Yep, the separating out of the ingredients is something I'd prefer not happen.

It

could have been prevented if I'd used just alcohol as the carrier, as you suggest. Indeed, there is no separation

in Pheros Concentrate, for the reason that it lacks the water. However, when I tried different ratios of

water and alcohol, and tested them on volunteers, the ones with more water turned out better.

I concluded,

Fernando Lamas-like, that it was better for a perfume to smell good than to look good.

Tiger4
10-01-2007, 09:22 AM
More

experimentation is needed, but it seems as though the pheros brings on depression with me. I was wondering if any

A1 is in it.

I definitely recommend people try it for mood purposes. It just

occured to me all of a sudden that the effect was pretty remarkable for that; really a sort of radical difference;

like you would expect from an antidepressant drug without the side effects.
I'd be very interested to know

whether others are affected in this way, to this extent.

nbnbtc
10-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Pheros, old batch, always made me

happily sleepy. Never depressed. I hope the current Pheros is more of the same!

WorkingMann
10-01-2007, 02:03 PM
I

haven't seen the pictures, but mine came in a little spherical bottle of clear glass, with a screw top. No

label.
Does it have a syringe or anything?

DrSmellThis
10-01-2007, 02:32 PM
More experimentation is needed, but it seems as though the pheros

brings on depression with me. I was wondering if any A1 is in it.

Judging from the history of pheromone

use discussed on the forum over the years, there are insufficient amounts of any one lab pheromone in Pheros

for any single lab pheromone to cause a depressive reaction; like 1/100 of the level of other products.

Wearing

any normal androstenone product will probably result in more than that converting to A1 on your skin; and you have

quite a lot of A1 on your skin already due to nature.

But it's possible you could react negatively to one of

the essential oils, like having a sensitivity.

The stuff affects me and most others in the opposite way, as far

as I can tell. But anything that is psychoactive, because of aromatherapy or whatever, has the potential for

differing effects in different people, due to individual differences.

It's possible that something other than

Pheros is causing you to have low mood, I'm assuming.

But it's also very possible that this "side

effect", if it is actually somehow due to Pheros, will go away on its own; or that it could be different if

your body conditions change in the future.

Nevertheless, if you continue to get depressed wearing it, I'd

sugggest discontinuing use, and sending the product back for a refund.

DrSmellThis
10-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Pheros,

old batch, always made me happily sleepy. Never depressed. I hope the current Pheros is more of the

same!Relaxed and content is the reaction most have described; and the exact reaction I personally

experience.

Gone
10-02-2007, 04:24 AM
No depressive effects here.

Yesterday I tried daubbing on some of the concentrate. It works just fine like that. I think I prefer the

concentrate to the dilute version which separates.

WorkingMann
10-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Just got mine today.. Both

concentrate and normal..
At first when I smelled the bottle the scent is very strong (at least to me) and I didnøt

like it very much..
But I thought I gotta try it out before I can give of my oppinion..
I dabbed a little on my

right wrist and some under my nose..
Not long after I got really tired and got into bed and fell asleep.. I've

sleept 2-3 hours and I just smelled my wrist again..
NOW it smells GREAT! Sweet and vanilla like (at least to me)..

The first scent was very spicy and was a bit to much to me but now I really like it.. :twisted:
I don't think it

was Pheros that made me sleepy - because I didn't get much sleep last night but further testing will show this in

the end..
Thanks for the wonderpotion Doc :kiss:

idesign
10-02-2007, 04:17 PM
I

have to admit that when I first smelled the pheros I was disappointed. It smelled rather familiar, like some scented

oils I remembered smelling somewhere. I then put some behind the ears and on my neck and could not smell a thing on

me, so I put on a little more. Later that day, something strange happened. I went to the grocery store and was

asking myself "what is that smell?" (forgetting that I had the pheros on). Then it occured to me that it was the

pheros on me. The scent smelled a little richer than it did from the bottle. It didn't seem like a very strong

scent at first, but I could smell it on me later in the day. Maybe others can smell it on me even

better?

Yes, others will smell it, and you will too if you apply it to your pulse points, ie

inside elbows and wrist, neck, etc. If you apply it on those places (below your nose) you'll have a better

experience.

Any good fragrance will evolve over time on your skin for several reasons. Smelling it from the

bottle is a "cheap imitation" of what you get when you wear it. I think you've figured that out.

Try this:

Apply it on your wrist and inner elbow and smell it right away. Wait 2 mins and smell again. Wait 5 mins and smell

again. After that try it in 10-15 min. intervals. You can do this with your eyes closed for greater effect. I

suspect what you'll find is more than you thought you would.

idesign
10-02-2007, 04:31 PM
No depressive

effects here.

Yesterday I tried daubbing on some of the concentrate. It works just fine like that. I think I

prefer the concentrate to the dilute version which separates.

Pheros is very mood lifting

for me.

I've been thinking about that too Gone, but I understand the water mix. I prefer dabbing over

spraying anyway.

I received some samples of a natural EO scent from a very reputable, even "famous" perfumer a

few days ago, mixed with alcohol only. The scent was just great, as good as I expected, but in an hour it was over,

the end, nothing left. Over a 4 hour period I had to apply it 3 times to get even a sense of what it had to

offer.

I suspect Pheros could have ended up something like that with pure alcohol and no water.

For me,

when the time comes I'll probably mix a portion of the concentrated Pheros with a carrier oil and see how

that goes.

idesign
10-02-2007, 04:52 PM
NOW

it smells GREAT! Sweet and vanilla like (at least to me).. The first scent was very spicy and was a bit to much to

me but now I really like it..

Yep WM, I get the vanilla-musk too, very inviting, as in... "allow me to

show you the boudoir now dear, you'll be comfortable there and it always gives satisfaction".

I like the spice

though too, and the woods.

DrSmellThis
10-03-2007, 09:15 PM
For me,

when the time comes I'll probably mix a portion of the concentrated Pheros with a carrier oil and see how

that goes.Unfotunately, I don't know if the oil idea would work. Over the many, many months Pheros

was created, some water made it into the concentrate version, back when I thought it might be finished, and before I

decided to distribute it. It's not clear whether that would interfere with it mixing with oil. It might, but I've

never tried it. I'd advise sticking with the water.

djjediforce
10-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Got the Pheros earlier this

week (I live in Beijing so was rather surprised that it arrived so quickly)...I must say I absolutely love the

scent!

Just for starters, I went to a local restaurant later that day with a few other people. I had already

applied about 12 inches of unscented SOE hours before leaving home. A nice but rather plain-looking waitress took

our order, nothing special. I excused myself to go to the restroom after ordering and, once there, placed a very

small amount of Pheros right under my nose and a little bit behind the ears to see what would happen. Within

seconds, I felt a huge surge of confidence...like an immediate high, very uplifting. I also felt much more alert and

aware of my surroundings. When the same waitress came to serve our food 10 minutes later, she seemed 10x more

attractive in my opinion than before. Needless to say, this stuff definitely had an effect on me if nothing else.

She also seemed a bit nervous this time around and actually spilled one of our entrees on the table.

Similar to

what DrSmellThis experienced, my mood lasted for the rest of the day and never let up. Thanks for making such a

great product :thumbsup:

Since I'm fairly new to mones, I'll keep testing and seeing what happens in other

locations/situations.

DrSmellThis
10-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Within seconds, I felt a huge surge of confidence...like an immediate high, very uplifting. I also felt much more

alert and aware of my surroundings. When the same waitress came to serve our food 10 minutes later, she seemed 10x

more attractive in my opinion than before. Needless to say, this stuff definitely had an effect on me if nothing

else. This kind of vignette seems promising for female users, given your reaction to the waitress.

The

ingredients in Pheros are unisex. Pheromonally, it's certainly not tilted one way or the other. So it all

comes down to taste as to which sex wears it. I hope some women are trying it, in particular those who don't like

girly scents, but prefer something earthier.

In any case, I'm happy you found the effect on yourself to be so

pleasant. If you're feeling more confident, that can't hurt.

idesign
10-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Unfotunately, I don't know if the oil idea would work. Over the many, many months

Pheros was created, some water made it into the concentrate version, back when I thought it might be

finished, and before I decided to distribute it. It's not clear whether that would interfere with it mixing with

oil. It might, but I've never tried it. I'd advise sticking with the water.

Point well taken. I'll

try the oil with a small amount of concentrate to experiment. I love the blended Pheros a lot, but the concentrate

is just so pretty in the bottle, it'd be nice to have a special blend with oil to use at special times. Someone I

know really likes it. ;)

raul1966
10-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Hello everyone!
i got

my pheros saturday, ay first when I smelled from bottle it felt to me so strong, so I put a little be under my

nostril and I did like it. I felt so relaxed that send to sleep! I believed it happen cuz I didn't sleep enough the

night before!

Superman
10-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Hi Dr and everyone

else!

Received my pheros concentrate today finally!

Hmm.. is it "safe" to use it during a woman's PMS?
Just

wondering :)

DrSmellThis
10-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Hi Dr

and everyone else!

Received my pheros concentrate today finally!

Hmm.. is it "safe" to use it during a

woman's PMS?
Just wondering :)All indications are that the stuff is very woman-friendly, no matter the

time of month. It seems to be gentle towards mood and supportive of mood for both sexes.

But do let us know your

own experiences.

Superman
10-11-2007, 10:29 PM
All

indications are that the stuff is very woman-friendly, no matter the time of month. It seems to be gentle towards

mood and supportive of mood for both sexes.

But do let us know your own experiences.
I tried four dabs

of the concentrate.. I liked the smell. It did sound familiar to me in the sense I did try to experiment with EO's

and it reminded me of that...

Went out with my girlfriend, who was in a good mood despite it being PMS time for

her.. Restaurant staff were friendly and took good care of my order (once they forgot about it, this time they did

not).
Also she told me something about a past boyfriend... wonder if that's due to the cops content?

I'm

thinking of trying some beta with it next.. to see how it goes.

DrSmellThis
10-12-2007, 06:04 PM
I tried

four dabs of the concentrate.. I liked the smell. It did sound familiar to me in the sense I did try to experiment

with EO's and it reminded me of that...

Went out with my girlfriend, who was in a good mood despite it being PMS

time for her.. Restaurant staff were friendly and took good care of my order (once they forgot about it, this time

they did not).
Also she told me something about a past boyfriend... wonder if that's due to the cops

content?

I'm thinking of trying some beta with it next.. to see how it goes.Why would cops lead

her to her tell you about an ex? Maybe I'm being dense here.

Keep us up to date on any mixing ideas.

In the

past people have had luck mixing it with NPA or Edge.

Superman
10-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Why

would cops lead her to her tell you about an ex? Maybe I'm being dense here.

Keep us up to date on any mixing

ideas.

In the past people have had luck mixing it with NPA or Edge.
I don't know perhaps it had

nothing to do with the cops. But if the thought that you may have been with someone else came to her, perhaps

that's why she brought this up. Just a maybe.

Anyway used a generous bit of the old beta and covered it

with 3 dabs of Pheros, added another 2 dabs on the front side of my wrists.

I did get a smile from a girl walking

with her bf, before I met my gf. Then our discussion turned to a sexual topic and the subject of marriage. Later we

walked for a while and I noticed girls smiling at me and possibly what looked like a DIHL from some woman. One girl

I didn't even recall where I knew her stopped me to say hi in front of my gf.

I'll mix Pheros with -none in

later experiments.. :)

idesign
10-15-2007, 06:35 PM
The last couple of weekends

I've been using Pheros to cover an A7/A1 mix with nice results. My g/f has become hooked on Pheros as well, and

confiscated my bottle of concentrate last weekend, we were at a wedding and related parties.

At a bar Sat night

we seemed the center of attention, with friends and strangers of all ages. We each got compliments on the scent,

and every time we looked at each other and smiled since we were both wearing it. It was fun teaching her how to

apply dabs of fragrance, as opposed to her usual sprays of commercial stuff. "Think about now, and later dear..."

:)

With the Pheros we both seemed to be very relaxed and open. Driving in the car we had the nicest mood, and

approached the night knowing that all was well in the world. At one point I looked over at her and she was wearing

the most content and pleasant smile. Well, it could have be ME making her smile. :)

The A7/A1 must have made a

difference too. I noticed men deferring in conversation and women subtly cozying up, with obvious restraint because

of my date. "I could'a been a contenda".

DrSmellThis
10-15-2007, 07:57 PM
The last

couple of weekends I've been using Pheros to cover an A7/A1 mix with nice results. My g/f has become hooked on

Pheros as well, and confiscated my bottle of concentrate last weekend, we were at a wedding and related parties.

At a bar Sat night we seemed the center of attention, with friends and strangers of all ages. We each got

compliments on the scent, and every time we looked at each other and smiled since we were both wearing it. It was

fun teaching her how to apply dabs of fragrance, as opposed to her usual sprays of commercial stuff. "Think about

now, and later dear..." :)

With the Pheros we both seemed to be very relaxed and open. Driving in the car we had

the nicest mood, and approached the night knowing that all was well in the world. At one point I looked over at her

and she was wearing the most content and pleasant smile. Well, it could have be ME making her smile. :)

The A7/A1

must have made a difference too. I noticed men deferring in conversation and women subtly cozying up, with obvious

restraint because of my date. "I could'a been a contenda".When worn by men, A1 and -none products like A7

seem to be good for mixing with Pheros.

My theory on that is that, since the biochemical profile is sort

of "generic sexy human", (like the pheromone, androstenol) you activate the stuff to its potential by tilting it

decidedly in one gender direction or the other. If a woman were wearing it, I'd want to see what copulins would do

to it.

idesign
10-24-2007, 06:07 PM
A general note on mixing

Pheros... -none products always have a "sharp" edge to their scent. From NPA (razor sharp) to A7 (dull but

cutting). TE and A1 have their biting edge too.

Pheros is so warm and comfortable, and is the opposite. Mixing

the two is such a good match. What they do to each other is great.

I've matched some favorite commercial scents

to different -mones, but Pheros seems to work great with any mix. I'll wear the commercial stuff if I'm in a

certain mood or occasion, but Pheros has become my favorite cover, and it works well both day and night.

Gorgar
10-29-2007, 02:56 PM
I got my first positive

non-solicited reaction from my wife today. I had to pick her up from work and drive her over to the doctor's office

this afternoon. Before I left I applied a liberal dose of Pheros. When I jumped in my Dodge I noticed a half used

packet of SOE in the ashtray from Friday. I added a very small amount to the back of my neck and the back of

each hand, maybe 3 drops total.

My wife hopped in and the first thing she said was "You smell good!" Funny thing

is that I've worn Pheros off and on for the past few weeks and she never said anything unless I asked if she liked

the scent.

Well, I'll call it a hit! :D

idesign
10-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Good job on two counts! I wear

SoE/Pheros at least 3x/week during the day. Its a world beater mix for happy/friendly. C7 is too chatty for

work.

I wear Pheros alone and get compliments, but not like mixed with a -mone product. I don't know what

effect is being had on what, but they do work together very well.

For the nose, maybe the sharpness of the -mone

excites the calm of the Pheros, or Pheros wraps the -mones into a welcoming blanket. Either way, the result is

good, and repeatable.

Otherwise, what the Dr. said above makes sense. A natural scent designed for "sexy

universal" could play subtly in a thousand different ways when mixed with a -mone.

Gorgar
11-01-2007, 02:16 AM
I have a question. Would it be

possible to add something to Pheros to keep it from separating? Would a drop of unscented dish washing detergent do

the trick or would it spoil the mix?:think:

idesign
11-01-2007, 08:28 PM
An emulsifier would blend the

two, but I remember reading that DrSmellThis decided against using it for some reason, probably adding an unnatural

element was undesirable.

He should weigh in on this, but personally I don't mind the settling. The few seconds

it takes to shake it up allows an anticipation of how good it will smell.

DrSmellThis
11-01-2007, 09:07 PM
I have a

question. Would it be possible to add something to Pheros to keep it from separating? Would a drop of unscented dish

washing detergent do the trick or would it spoil the mix?:think:I'm hesitant to make a recommendation,

since I decided against experimenting with it.

I just shake the bottle a couple times. It's ugly, but

non-commercial things sometimes are.

nbnbtc
11-30-2007, 08:42 PM
just got my Pheros. it seems

lighter than the old version i had, but still just as lovely. it is like wrapping myself up in a warm comfy

blanket.

Gorgar
12-01-2007, 01:15 AM
It's good stuff. What I like

most about it is you can't really put too much on like some colognes that I've tried. It doesn't give you that

cologne OD.

belmont
12-01-2007, 01:58 AM
is there newer version of pheros

coming out ? i love the current one though

idesign
12-01-2007, 06:05 PM
just got my

Pheros. it seems lighter than the old version i had, but still just as lovely. it is like wrapping myself up in a

warm comfy blanket.

I never experienced the older version, but agree with your take on the current

Pheros. Nothing but good remarks from others too.

HK45Mark23
12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Pheros is by far the best scent I have even had the pleasure to wear. I only have a few ccs left in a very

small vial. I hope to acquire more soon. Thanks DrSmellThis for such a wonderful product.

As I said it in

my review of it originally, I can’t say it any better.

By Nathan Date Added: Tuesday October 05,

I am very pleased

with the smell of Pheros. Pheros is truly an exotic scent. It is unusual to find a truly natural product. I would

wear this product for the rest of my life. I have never found cologne that I have felt like this about. I have not

found anything I liked and would consider a scent that I would want people to associate me to, until now. The

natural perfumery DrSmellThis practice supersedes the advertisement. It is a shame that this truly exotic product is

a collector’s edition in limited production. Once it is gone there is never going to be

more.

idesign
12-03-2007, 05:22 PM
The

natural perfumery DrSmellThis practice supersedes the advertisement. It is a shame that this truly exotic product is

a collector’s edition in limited production. Once it is gone there is never going to be

more.

Agree wholeheartedly HK. Fortunately for us the DR. held back some master

mix.

I just ordered another bottle of the regular and the concentrate, which I hope is still available.

DrSmellThis
12-04-2007, 11:41 AM
just got

my Pheros. it seems lighter than the old version i had, but still just as lovely. it is like wrapping myself up in a

warm comfy blanket.I'm happy that the perfume managed to achieve an identity --the warm, comfy, friendly,

feel-good thing. That makes it more useful for our purposes, and makes total sense, given the ingredients (e.g.,

valerian root, natural musks).

The perfume is in fact the exact same concentration as the older batch;

which is actually a notch stronger than the original batch (without Bruce or you having had to pay more). I just

went off the same mathematical formula for mixing everything.

It just mellows with age, and becomes less sharp

at first smell; even a little weaker on the top note. However, the bottom notes and longevity are improved over

previous batches, if anything, IMHO (it's taken me a while to have enough confidence to say this). So it's mellow

in character, but still smells good for a pretty long time.

I still really enjoy it, honestly, and wish I had

more, even for my own use. I have to use discipline to not wear a bunch of it all the time. It's just too pleasant

to have on your body, if you guys know what I mean. I smear it all over my face and neck, usually, and get an

immediate pleasant feeling. I'm really happy that this has been documented over time as a consistent effect across

people. It's cool to me that the "technology" is so different than for other products, i.e., natural.

Again,

these are just my real feelings; not some effort to market something that has already been bought out from the

manufacturer's perspective.

DrSmellThis
12-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Agree

wholeheartedly HK. Fortunately for us the DR. held back some master mix.

I just ordered another bottle of the

regular and the concentrate, which I hope is still available.Soon I am going to ask everyone again if they

want still more concentrate, as I'm bottling up another shipment here soon.

belmont
12-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Soon I

am going to ask everyone again if they want still more concentrate, as I'm bottling up another shipment here

soon.

yeah, i also want a bottle or 2 of the concentrate

idesign
12-04-2007, 05:41 PM
It

just mellows with age, and becomes less sharp at first smell; even a little weaker on the top note. However, the

bottom notes and longevity are improved over previous batches, if anything, IMHO (it's taken me a while to have

enough confidence to say this). So it's mellow in character, but still smells good for a pretty long time.

I

still really enjoy it, honestly, and wish I had more, even for my own use. I have to use discipline to not wear a

bunch of it all the time. It's just too pleasant to have on your body, if you guys know what I mean. I smear it all

over my face and neck, usually, and get an immediate pleasant feeling. I'm really happy that this has been

documented over time as a consistent effect across people. It's cool to me that the "technology" is so different

than for other products, i.e., natural.

Again, these are just my real feelings; not some effort to market

something that has already been bought out from the manufacturer's perspective.

Good to hear about the

aging aspects. I mostly dislike the top notes of half the fragrances I have, commercial or natural, Pheros not

included. I think Pheros has great longevity, and enough sillage to get noticed, but not overpower, as Gorgar said

above. On me it lasts longer than -mone smells and I often wake up in the morning with a very subtle and nice scent

of it in my nose. And Lord love a duck, once a woman gets her nose on you it stays.

It really truly is a

pleasant scent to have on. The mood uplift, the general feeling of well-being and the attractiveness of the scent

makes you want to wear it every day. But for the scarcity.

If any women out there have Pheros, or for you guys

who like to experiment on your great-smelling partners, take DST's tip and put a dab of Jasmine EO on your skin

before applying the Pheros. Its wonderful.

idesign
04-14-2008, 06:52 PM
I've been reading a lot, and

beginning to understand a little about what you call "analog pheromones". I think. I'm not a scientist, so I can

only write in lay terms.

People cannot help but to respond to scent, whether the response is "hardwired" or

"programmed/conditioned". From food to sex, not many of us realize its importance. As well, there is a huge

documented history of naturally occurring scents which have been used to powerful effect, from the calming lavender

to the raw dirty sex of civet or castoreum. Even plants have animalic/sex notes... indole in jasmine and musk in

ambrette, among many others, and have populated perfumes since before God published. Its my understanding that the

far drydown of King Tut's burial perfume lasted until just after his tomb was opened. How do they do that?

The fact that many of these scents (molecules) are actual pheromones which attract the birds and bees to

flowers (and civet cats to civet cats) is an interesting side note to the fact that, in the right proportions,

mixtures of these scents have a powerful effect on humans on a very deep level. Before any of the constituent

chemicals of these scents were isolated (c1870), they were used by humans to effect and modify behavior, attraction

and sex probably being foremost among those (covering unwashed body odor should be considered as purposefully

attracting in them days :)).

On the other hand, if Napoleon wanted Antoinette unwashed (in all her excreting

glory), what does that say about us latter day stink mongers? It says that we are onto something that the

understanding of science has yet to fully explain, and that we are sophisticated to the point of wanting to smell

nice while doing it, even while we mix perfumes which have rutting stink among their ingredients. Deep urges meet

polite society and only a great perfume can achieve that height, offering a multitude of choices from high to low

enticement, or both.

Genetics certainly plays a role (hardwiring). From the natural human pheromones that are in

play when a baby breast feeds, to those playing mischief among uncomprehending adolescents. Its the hidden

molecule, by any name, that entices the young, and confounds the mature as they (we) try to reproduce what nature

serves as a light cockail before lunch.

I'm a moderate collector of vintage fragrances. What I smell from a

pre-70s classic perfume is heaven compared to the castrated (breast-reduced?) scents of today. Beyond composition,

just the ingredients were enough to make you mortgage the kids for just another night with its wearer, preferably

your wife, thus saving the kids. :)

Programming from birth is certain, and variable. There's not one of us who

doesn't have a memory tied strongly to scent, and our memory of scent is stronger than we probably realize.

Subliminal recognition I guess, but deeper and stronger than mere identification. Perfumers and scientists have

written far more on this than I can hope to approach with my limited understanding.

All that to say, Pheros

contains such ingredients that it achieves the purposes of attraction on both the "shallow" scent level (it smells

nice), and on the deeper level of "unknown" attraction (it subtly effects behavior on a deeper (subconcious)

level.

A pretty disjointed post Doc, does it make any sense vis a vis the subject?

I'll do a Mobley here, and

reserve the right to be wrong!

idesign
04-14-2008, 08:06 PM
After all that, here is my

current "review" of Pheros.

After wearing Pheros for a few months, I would describe it as very warm, mostly

linear, with a brightness at the top, with what I smell as lime, to kick it off. Its lack of classical construction

(top, middle, base) makes you keep smelling, and smelling, to figure it out. Forget figuring it out, its too

complex, and this is a good thing.

Most all-natural fragrances defy comprehension because they make no sense.

They are either flat (all meat, or more likely all salad) or jump from course to course without a unifying idea.

Pheros is a meal set before you, seamless and perfectly balanced, with the surprise of having the chef spring

unexpected surprises without notice.

The dash of citrus reappears unexpectedly even after an hour, much past the

time it should have disappeared, a real achievement, and keeps the fragrance from being too dully soft. The

multifaceted spice plays in and out of the woods, and you're curious as to what you'll smell next, like a good

movie keeping you on the edge of your seat.

The deeper facets come into play 2-3 hours after application. At

least as far as smell in concerned. This is where the sex lies. Its so sultry, and spawns fantasies both lived and

unlived. This is a good, good base and, one wonders how much of this is available to the noses of our mates from

the beginning in the way of analog pheromones. Doc, this is what made me think I understood what you meant by that

term.

DrSmellThis
04-14-2008, 10:27 PM
I've

been reading a lot, and beginning to understand a little about what you call "analog pheromones". I think. I'm not

a scientist, so I can only write in lay terms.

People cannot help but to respond to scent, whether the response

is "hardwired" or "programmed/conditioned". From food to sex, not many of us realize its importance. As well, there

is a huge documented history of naturally occurring scents which have been used to powerful effect, from the calming

lavender to the raw dirty sex of civet or castoreum. Even plants have animalic/sex notes... indole in jasmine and

musk in ambrette, among many others, and have populated perfumes since before God published. Its my understanding

that the far drydown of King Tut's burial perfume lasted until just after his tomb was opened. How do they do that?

The fact that many of these scents (molecules) are actual pheromones which attract the birds and bees to

flowers (and civet cats to civet cats) is an interesting side note to the fact that, in the right proportions,

mixtures of these scents have a powerful effect on humans on a very deep level. Before any of the constituent

chemicals of these scents were isolated (c1870), they were used by humans to effect and modify behavior, attraction

and sex probably being foremost among those (covering unwashed body odor should be considered as purposefully

attracting in them days :)).

On the other hand, if Napoleon wanted Antoinette unwashed (in all her excreting

glory), what does that say about us latter day stink mongers? It says that we are onto something that the

understanding of science has yet to fully explain, and that we are sophisticated to the point of wanting to smell

nice while doing it, even while we mix perfumes which have rutting stink among their ingredients. Deep urges meet

polite society and only a great perfume can achieve that height, offering a multitude of choices from high to low

enticement, or both.

Genetics certainly plays a role (hardwiring). From the natural human pheromones that are in

play when a baby breast feeds, to those playing mischief among uncomprehending adolescents. Its the hidden molecule,

by any name, that entices the young, and confounds the mature as they (we) try to reproduce what nature serves as a

light cockail before lunch.

I'm a moderate collector of vintage fragrances. What I smell from a pre-70s classic

perfume is heaven compared to the castrated (breast-reduced?) scents of today. Beyond composition, just the

ingredients were enough to make you mortgage the kids for just another night with its wearer, preferably your wife,

thus saving the kids. :)

Programming from birth is certain, and variable. There's not one of us who doesn't

have a memory tied strongly to scent, and our memory of scent is stronger than we probably realize. Subliminal

recognition I guess, but deeper and stronger than mere identification. Perfumers and scientists have written far

more on this than I can hope to approach with my limited understanding.

All that to say, Pheros contains such

ingredients that it achieves the purposes of attraction on both the "shallow" scent level (it smells nice), and on

the deeper level of "unknown" attraction (it subtly effects behavior on a deeper (subconcious) level.

A pretty

disjointed post Doc, does it make any sense vis a vis the subject?

I'll do a Mobley here, and reserve the right

to be wrong!Excellent essay. You make me think all I have written on the subject here has meant something.

You are a capable student of scent.

Isn't funny how thinking about scent leads you to poetic insights about

humanness?

DrSmellThis
04-14-2008, 10:42 PM
After

all that, here is my current "review" of Pheros.

After wearing Pheros for a few months, I would describe it as

very warm, mostly linear, with a brightness at the top, with what I smell as lime, to kick it off. Its lack of

classical construction (top, middle, base) makes you keep smelling, and smelling, to figure it out. Forget figuring

it out, its too complex, and this is a good thing.

Most all-natural fragrances defy comprehension because they

make no sense. They are either flat (all meat, or more likely all salad) or jump from course to course without a

unifying idea. Pheros is a meal set before you, seamless and perfectly balanced, with the surprise of having the

chef spring unexpected surprises without notice.

The dash of citrus reappears unexpectedly even after an hour,

much past the time it should have disappeared, a real achievement, and keeps the fragrance from being too dully

soft. The multifaceted spice plays in and out of the woods, and you're curious as to what you'll smell next, like

a good movie keeping you on the edge of your seat.

The deeper facets come into play 2-3 hours after application.

At least as far as smell in concerned. This is where the sex lies. Its so sultry, and spawns fantasies both lived

and unlived. This is a good, good base and, one wonders how much of this is available to the noses of our mates from

the beginning in the way of analog pheromones. Doc, this is what made me think I understood what you meant by that

term.Thanks for sharing, Idesign. This type of review makes it all worthwhile.

IN A PURELY

NONHOMOSEXUAL WAY (not that I don't wish I were gay sometimes), it's sort of intimate to read it. :)

It's

like when you write a song and you are in your bedroom alone with it. You struggle to get some effect which creates

a mood and a feeling. You wonder if anyone else could feel that feeling which is thick in the room, but only for

you. There is no evidence they will feel it, but you keep trying to communicate it; to bring it out in your music.

Eventually someone hears it, and talks as if they we always and already there with you at the moment of "creation";

the coaxing of the elements.

I suppose it's similar when you are just alone and appreciating a work of art;

say, a song; and you discover someone else feels the same things you do about it.

Its nice to know that physical

distance is irrelevant for people to experience some of the same things on a relatively deep level.

We who

appreciate art of many kinds, and/or are artists, are truly fortunate in this way; and should feel grateful.

I

hope many others enjoy their experience with Pheros.

Incidentally, you are the first to notice and

appreciate the citrus note, as I recall over the few years. It's one of those things where you know you want an

animalistic entity and are nonetheless working to bring an element of freshness to bear on top. It was not easy, and

the effect ended up just blending into everything else rather than creating a distinct and independent top note.

Instead of poop, then, you have FRESH POOP. :D

But that's better, because the woody, musky, spicy, sweet,

ambery <pauses to catch breath> thing has quite enough facets to process as one entity. I'd describe the overall

effect as "homey" in a personal way.

that1guy
04-15-2008, 01:56 PM
This talk about pheros had

gotten me interested. I would like to get a bottle, but can't find it on love-scent. I vaguely remember something

about there being a limited supply. Am I out of luck?

idesign
04-15-2008, 02:51 PM
This talk

about pheros had gotten me interested. I would like to get a bottle, but can't find it on love-scent. I vaguely

remember something about there being a limited supply. Am I out of luck?

Hmmm, just looked at the the

store and you're right, no Pheros. Good thing I got some extra. :)

Doc mentioned not too long ago about the

possibility of another batch.

idesign
04-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Excellent essay. You make me think all I have written on the subject here has meant

something. You are a capable student of scent.

Isn't funny how thinking about scent leads you to poetic

insights about humanness?

Thanks Doc, that means a lot to me.

BUT, you didn't answer my question.

:trout: :lol:

Vis, is this a correct understanding of analog pheromones?

Yes, its amazing how scent

encompasses life and living.

There's not one of us who doesn't have a song or songs which will either bring

you to tears or make you want to take an exalted leap at the moon.

Scent can do this too, but is mostly

trivialized as a fashion accessory.

DrSmellThis
04-16-2008, 03:13 AM
I'm not entirely sure how you think about it.

But what I call "analog pheromones" are chemically similar

or identical to human pheromones, or can trigger a relevant response in humans; but are found elsewhere, such as

somewhere in nature. I am most often refering to plant pheromones, or what we could call "phytopheromones". But

you could also consider animal musks as containing analog pheromones. Sometimes I've even referred to

pheromone-similar chemicals or human emotional/behavioral "triggers" from perfume chemistry as analog pheromones.

So it just means a substance that is like a human pheromone without being the actual pheromones on the human

skin.

Analog pheromones have also been distinguished from chemically identical human pheromones that are

synthesized in the laboratory; such as are sold here. This is the an important distinction to keep in mind for

our purposes.

The "fuzzy" part is that I've considered chemically identical pheromones from plants as analog,

but not lab synthesized versions of these. So androsterone from cedar, sandalwood, or celery would be an analog

pheromone, but the same thing from a lab would not, in the way I've used the term.

I hope this clarifies it.

DrSmellThis
04-16-2008, 03:43 AM
This

talk about pheros had gotten me interested. I would like to get a bottle, but can't find it on love-scent. I

vaguely remember something about there being a limited supply. Am I out of luck?Yeah, I just received an

email from Bruce about this. Wow, you guys went through that shipment pretty fast.

I do have more, fortunately;

but I'm in the process of moving; and the whole lab is packed away in boxes.

I'll let you all know soon, when

I get the lab set up/cleaned, and can give a more accurate time frame.

Sorry for the gap in availability. But

thanks for your interest. We'll get it to you as soon as we can.

idesign
04-16-2008, 04:00 AM
I'm

not entirely sure how you think about it.

I hope this clarifies it.

My post ("essay") was a

scattershot, trying to figure it out.

Its perfectly clear now, thank you.

idesign
04-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks

for sharing, Idesign. This type of review makes it all worthwhile.

IN A PURELY NONHOMOSEXUAL WAY (not that I

don't wish I were gay sometimes), it's sort of intimate to read it. :)

It's like when you write a song and

you are in your bedroom alone with it. You struggle to get some effect which creates a mood and a feeling. You

wonder if anyone else could feel that feeling which is thick in the room, but only for you. There is no evidence

they will feel it, but you keep trying to communicate it; to bring it out in your music. Eventually someone hears

it, and talks as if they we always and already there with you at the moment of "creation"; the coaxing of the

elements.

I suppose it's similar when you are just alone and appreciating a work of art; say, a song; and you

discover someone else feels the same things you do about it.

Its nice to know that physical distance is

irrelevant for people to experience some of the same things on a relatively deep level.

We who appreciate art of

many kinds, and/or are artists, are truly fortunate in this way; and should feel grateful.

I hope many others

enjoy their experience with Pheros.

Incidentally, you are the first to notice and appreciate the

citrus note, as I recall over the few years. It's one of those things where you know you want an animalistic entity

and are nonetheless working to bring an element of freshness to bear on top. It was not easy, and the effect ended

up just blending into everything else rather than creating a distinct and independent top note.

Instead of

poop, then, you have FRESH POOP. :D

But that's better, because the woody, musky, spicy, sweet, ambery <pauses

to catch breath> thing has quite enough facets to process as one entity. I'd describe the overall effect as "homey"

in a personal way.

My survey says... fresh poop is preferred overall over other brands of poop!

:thumbsup:

Sitting alone with a new creation that pleases you is satisfying, but is only fully born in the lives

of others. I think that's a tension within an artist's psyche yes?

If I design a house, a room or any space

for a client, I have the burden of knowing that they'll live in that room for years. I can use every technical and

creative skill at my disposal, but will not be satisfied with my work until the client is as pleased as I am with

the result.

Its not "art" per se, but when someone walks into that room and appreciates the accomplishment,

probably not knowing why they like it, then my work is successful. If its someone who knows and values such things,

life is better. :) The hours of thinking and drawing are alternatively frustrating and exhilarating.

Its

interesting how a common appreciation of creativity draws people closer. In terms of the relationship with my g/f,

we introduce each other to authors, movies, music, fragrances, etc, etc. With each new discovery there's a new

infusion of interest and growth, commonly and individually. No matter the medium, it gives us a way of relating

through the ideas and vision of others. Whether its dancing in the living room to Glenn Miller, smelling a new

perfume find we both love, or watching a movie we both hate, there is a path to intimacy.

Your appreciation of my

appreciation is a fine luxury for us both, and I'm glad we both have it.

"Homey" is an ok word, if you mean the

comfort of home. In this sense its great, giving deeper substance to attraction. OTOH, Pheros does give a great

sexy residual coating on your skin, letting her know that you're not Ozzie, and if she's Harriet she'd better let

her hair down and get a thong.

Guy101
04-19-2008, 01:56 AM
Since Phero is alcohol base, can

it be mixed with oil base perfume like Amber, & Musk? Or is it better to apply it & then cover it?

Rbt
04-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Since Phero is

alcohol base, can it be mixed with oil base perfume like Amber, & Musk? Or is it better to apply it & then cover

it?

Quite honestly, I am of the opinion that DTS Pheros is a fine stand-alone that needs no other

"cover." If anything it makes a top-notch primo "cover" for other pheromones (primarily the "unscented" ones).

If you feel you want to "play" with it by adding other scents/fragrances I'd opt to apply individually. IMO you

don't have to apply all your scents/products in exactly the same places. You don't need to put one exactly on top

of the other or the like. Dab a bit here, wipe a bit there. Spread the scents around.

Also don't get too

carried away. A subtle overall scent is probably far better than one that knocks everyone over the momentyou walk

into a room. People are more likely to flee than want to be near you. Watch out for what I call "scent clash."

Something that smells great individually may reek to high heaven together. I'd look for quiet "notes" rather than a

loud "symphony."

And lastly, just like pheromones, your cologne is only a very small part of how you will be

judged/perceived. There are more important things.

My opinions.

Guy101
04-21-2008, 01:47 AM
RBT, thank you for your advises,

I will keep them in mind.

DrSmellThis
04-21-2008, 01:53 AM
Quite

honestly, I am of the opinion that DTS Pheros is a fine stand-alone that needs no other "cover." If anything it

makes a top-notch primo "cover" for other pheromones (primarily the "unscented" ones).

If you feel you want to

"play" with it by adding other scents/fragrances I'd opt to apply individually. IMO you don't have to apply all

your scents/products in exactly the same places. You don't need to put one exactly on top of the other or the like.

Dab a bit here, wipe a bit there. Spread the scents around.

Also don't get too carried away. A subtle overall

scent is probably far better than one that knocks everyone over the momentyou walk into a room. People are more

likely to flee than want to be near you. Watch out for what I call "scent clash." Something that smells great

individually may reek to high heaven together. I'd look for quiet "notes" rather than a loud "symphony."

And

lastly, just like pheromones, your cologne is only a very small part of how you will be judged/perceived. There are

more important things.

My opinions.Good ideas. Wearing Pheros on your face and neck only is

one variant on your "different locations" idea that works for me.

Guy101
05-07-2008, 01:46 AM
While we were talking about

Phero, it seems that the stock is all gone.