PDA

View Full Version : Polyester and Rayon shirt

**DONOTDELETE**
02-08-2002, 03:04 PM
I sprayed some CK1 mixed with NPA and SOE today on a Polyester/Rayon shirt. The mix smelled funny on the shirt and seemed a lot weaker than expected (can barely smell it). Anyone have experience with these fabrics? How does it compare to cotton?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-08-2002, 03:42 PM
Truth;

Cotton and wool hold the pheros better than synthetics. But I have used on synthetic clothing and found that they will hold and disperse your phero\'s for much longer than skin application. I have also found denser weaves of synthetics do hold the pheros well. Have had a fav shirt that I wear to work will hold the pheros for as long as three washings. When you remove your clothing from the dryer you will smell the mones.

Hope this helped
TCO

**DONOTDELETE**
02-08-2002, 03:52 PM
Hmmm... I always thought the dispersal/release rate was inversely proportional to how long the pheromones last on the fabric (or skin). From the smell of the mix on the polyester shirt (weak), I would have guessed that dispersal rate is low, but it\'ll last a long time. In that evaluation, I would have guessed cotton was somewhere in between skin and polyester.

oscar
02-08-2002, 05:55 PM
truth,

You said the mix smelled funny when you sprayed it on the shirt. Aren\'t Polyester and Rayon both petro-products? Could it be that the alcohol in the NPA and SOE was reacting with the material like a solvent or something?

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-08-2002, 06:04 PM
Don\'t know much about petro products and chemical reactions. However, I do smell something other than the cologne and pheros. It could be that this reactive by-product is masking the normal smell. Maybe, it shouldn\'t make a difference in effectiveness, but who knows.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-08-2002, 11:25 PM
Seriously doubt that the polyester or rayon reacted with anything. The stuff is fairly inert. If something was to happen, the shirt would dissolve, or melt. That won\'t happen unless you use acetone or something a bit stronger. Alcohol does not react/dissolve much in the would of synthetics. As far as the aroma, I suppose that there are a bunch of explainations, and quite honestly it is all just speculation.