PDA

View Full Version : Pheromone signature

**DONOTDELETE**
02-07-2002, 09:44 PM
There\'s been studies that have shown that females can identify their spouses just by their scent. Naturally, we all have our own pheromone signatures. If we suddenly change that signature, wouldn\'t women who know us well react negatively, since we\'ve suddenly became a different person? Also, some of us our experimenting with different mixes on a daily basis. Theoretically, this causes no problems with getting hits from strangers, but what about people you interact with everyday. Any thoughts? I\'ve only heard about moms not reacting well to the the exogenous pheromones, and this is consistent with the maternal bond being weakened because of a change in the pheromone signature.

Bruce
02-08-2002, 04:29 AM
I have read a few reports of users\' moms picking up even very small amounts of pheros (bottled kind) on their sons and not liking it in no uncertain terms. I think TCO had a story like that, or am I confused there? I find my wife responds well to the mones. Keep in mind that ordinary cologne and deodorants throw your normal phero sig for a loop as well. In fact, the term pheromone signature was hijacked from fragrance signature or something like that in reference to the art of perfuming; the idea being that it is better to establish a certain \"you\" and change it only very gradually, rather than smelling like patchouli one night and honeysuckle the next.
So, it is nothing completely new, but you do want to be \"cool\" about your pheros IMHO. Also, keep in mind that your mom or any of the \"moms\" in our lives may well be resistant to our changing a lot of things about our selves: \"You NEVER would eat your vegetables when you were little, what are you eating them now for?\"
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
02-08-2002, 10:09 AM
Truth;

Yes messing up your phero signature does cause some negatives from maternal fems in your life. My mother is a classic example. She cannot stand the smell of me when I wear anything with a heavy None content. My brother and I tested it with him as well. He had just showered and I had him place one (1) drop of PI on his neck. When he dressed and went to say good bye to mom. She made a face after the hug. He left. I asked my mother what was wrong. She said he smelled different almost like I smelled last week (she came to work for lunch and I was wearing PI). I explained that he was as I am wearing Pheros. So I have to be careful with the Pheros whenever i am going to see me dear ole mum. Others have had very similar experiences, with maternal fems in their lives and pheros.

TCO