PDA

View Full Version : Workout routines for those that weighttrain

**DONOTDELETE**
02-07-2002, 12:50 PM
I actually started hitting the gym and working out lately (due to a girl ofcourse), my recomendation is to work out every second to third day. If you work out everyday, you\'ll kill your muscles as they need time to adjust to the weightlifting. My personal routine is every 2-3 days for 1-2 hours each time. I\'ll do 3 sets of each exercise at 10 reps each. This routine has allowed me to gain muscle, and with time (as long as you stick to your routine) you\'ll be \"buffer\" guraranteed. I\'m no expert, but its what works for me. Hope I helped.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-07-2002, 12:58 PM
One More Tip:

Be aware that there are girls in the gym. The advantage you\'ll have are your pheromones. I\'ve noticed girls initiating conversations, holding doors open for me, flirting, DIHL, etc. Just remember not to OD considering you\'re going to be sweating. The combo I found works for me in a gym is the following:

1 spray TE on chest/neck area
2 drops of Musk oil rubbed in on top of TE
2 swipes of SOE on back neck (2 inches)
1 spray of my cologne

The other day a girl began to work out right beside me, and kept turning to look at me hoping she\'d get my attention. As I changed machines, she moved to one close by. Another time as I was leaving the gym, a girl passed me in the hall, got ahead of me, and opened the door for me even though I was like 5 seconds away from reaching it. Happy Hunting.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-07-2002, 04:07 PM
Hey Donald,

I have been in the gym on nd off for the past 20 years (shit I am getting old...lol). I have to agree on some points on the above posts. Do not overtrain. That is so unproductive. I have found in the years of working out that hitting or exercising a body part on a 7 day rotation. I mean you are hitting that body part once every 7 days. This has worked wonders. I layed off working out and quit smoking about the same time a few years back...got up to 320 lbs. So I hit the gym again with a vengeance. And a friend of mine who works out and has ripped himself up and really gotten into shape in a matter of 4-6 months gave me a book....Author is Bill Phillips \"Fit for life\" good read. You do not have to do everything in his book but the workout timing seems to be the crucial factor. He recommends working out 5 days a week. cardio exercise the first part of your work out for 20 minutes or so then hit your target muscle group in sets of 3-4 for each target muscle workouts are rarly over an hour total. I\'ll tell ya what this works great. I ma now working out 3 days a week Mon, Wed, Fri, with the cardio and weights and then on Tue, Thurs I just do cardio. I was very skeptical about the 7 days cycle, but after 4 weeks i was amazed. You really get a good pump and the results are great. So be cautious and try not to over work your muscles as this will inhibit muscle growth and slow down your mass building.

Anyway hope this helps a bit.

TCO

**DONOTDELETE**
02-07-2002, 11:52 PM
Anyone got any suggestions on how often one should lift weights or time amounts that should be spent etc.