PDA

View Full Version : What did I do wrong?

MOBLEYC57
07-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I used to get

emails when someone responded to a thread/post that I've posted, but not anymore. :sad:

Can someone tell me

what happened, and what I need to do to correct this? I haven't changed a thing ... they just stopped coming.

:sick:

Anyone? Anyone? Can anyone tell me?

Thanks!

Bruce
07-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Check your User CP, and see if

something got changed in there somehow; maybe when we were upgrading the software. It can be a little confusing;

the various choices, but try that.

Next possibility, your ISP or email software is bouncing the emails. Are

you getting other email from love-scent.com or pherolibrary.com? (eg newsletters, invoices from online orders etc)

If not, there is your problem and you need to set up your email to allow our emails to get through.

Those 2 come

to mind.
B

CAtriathlete
07-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Me too.

And I've

checked the settings in my CP. I have a bunch of threads that I've subscribed to for instant email notification.

I'm not getting any emails even though there have been responses.

And they are not landing in my email spam

box.

-CAt

Bruce
07-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Hmmmmmm....
It's possible they get

bounced by your ISP before they reven reach your computer, so they have no chance of getting into your spam folder

even.

The return address on these emails contains the love-scent.com domain. Do you get any other emails from

that domain? (eg: email receipts for online orders)

CAtriathlete
07-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi Bruce,

I have gotten

emails from you in the past, including the newsletter and order receipts. The last email I can find is a receipt

from July 4th.

????????????

-CAt

MOBLEYC57
07-19-2007, 02:30 PM
I'm one up ... I got Wednesday

(18 July) News Letter, but still ... no responses to posts. :rant: :blink: :rant:

CAtriathlete
07-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Yes, I too finally got the

newsletter, but still no post emails. Is it a bug in the new software?

-CAt

Bruce
07-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Myself I get email notes on one

particular area of the forum and I am not exactly sure why that one. Can someone refresh me on how one is supposed

to be able to control which posts send you emails?

I just went into my User CP and found a link for

"subscriptions". Click that and you get a list of threads that you theoretically "subscribed" to somehow, right.

Then at the end of each of those thread names there is a box you can check for "instant notification". I assume

that is supposed to get you email notes about new posts. Right so far?

CAtriathlete
07-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Myself

I get email notes on one particular area of the forum and I am not exactly sure why that one. Can someone refresh me

on how one is supposed to be able to control which posts send you emails?

I just went into my User CP and found

a link for "subscriptions". Click that and you get a list of threads that you theoretically "subscribed" to somehow,

right. Then at the end of each of those thread names there is a box you can check for "instant notification". I

assume that is supposed to get you email notes about new posts. Right so far?

Not quite. You check the

boxes of the threads for which you want to make any adjustments. Then you go to the the drop down menu on the bottom

right next to, "Selected threads". There you can choose what type of notification to get, etc. Once you select your

notification type for each thread, it shows such status in the notification column on the subscriptions page.

I

am subscribed to about 10 threads and they all say "instant" in the notification column on the subscriptions page,

but I'm not getting any emails.

I hope that helps identify the problem.

-CAt

Bruce
07-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Many thanks.
OK, I think we may

have liftoff now. See if it works now.

CAtriathlete
07-20-2007, 02:30 PM
And thanks to you, Bruce!

The emails are rolling in... (be careful what you wish for).

Best,

CAt

MOBLEYC57
07-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeeeeeeeha! Got my first reply

today! Tis been soooooo looooooong! Don't know what happened, but it's fixed.

Thanks, Angel Forum Ghost!

:run: