PDA

View Full Version : Timing out

idesign
07-13-2007, 10:00 PM
What's the deal with the

forum timing out a session so fast? I'm slow, and older, and need some time to get my thoughts together

sometimes, and get distracted and interrrupted by too many things. It seems that every time I post something other

than a "yar dude" kind of reply I'm timed out and have to refresh, re-login, and, if I remembered to copy what I

wrote knowing that I'd be timed out, paste the contents of what I thought about an hour ago.

Sincerely, your

time challenged
Greg

Bruce
07-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Anyone else have that problem? It

could be local to your computer or ISP. I don't have that problem, but then again I don't post long posts much.

belgareth
07-14-2007, 08:00 AM
What's

the deal with the forum timing out a session so fast? I'm slow, and older, and need some time to get my thoughts

together sometimes, and get distracted and interrrupted by too many things. It seems that every time I post

something other than a "yar dude" kind of reply I'm timed out and have to refresh, re-login, and, if I remembered

to copy what I wrote knowing that I'd be timed out, paste the contents of what I thought about an hour ago.

Sincerely, your time challenged
Greg.
For whatever reason, the forum forgets you when it refreshes. The

cure for the problem is checking the 'Remember me' box when you sign in. Then you have to remember to sign out

when you leave the forum if somebody else is likely to use your computer. This came up quite a while back and I

looked into it. The issue is with the forum software, it's an 'Unplanned Design Feature'. To my knowledge there

is no current fix that will allow the forum to refresh current user information.

idesign
07-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks belgareth, I'll try

it.

idesign
07-17-2007, 03:38 PM
It worked, thanks