PDA

View Full Version : where is the smell in soe fragrance

punisher
07-03-2007, 09:11 PM
i

am a little frustrated with my soe fragrance. i had some hits earley, but nothing lately. furthermore, no one can

smell the fragrance on me. i asked my mom if she could smell my "new cologne" and laughs at me. several posts

suggest that lots of soe fragrance will have u smelling musky. not in my case. i can smell it on me, but i must

stick my neck up to their nose in order for them to get any smell. with previous colognes i could be smelled 30 ft

away.
also i have read several posts by people regarding their frustration with the roller ball. any advice

thanks

BGuy20
07-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Punisher:

There are both

scented and unscented versions of SOE. You may need a cover cologne to mask it, but IIRC only the -None-containing

phero recipes have that stereotypical musky smell to them all by themselves.

Would appreciate if others could

chime in though, I'm a bit of a newbie on the subject.

terry0400-40
07-04-2007, 02:45 AM
i am

a little frustrated with my soe fragrance. i had some hits earley, but nothing lately. furthermore, no one can smell

the fragrance on me. i asked my mom if she could smell my "new cologne" and laughs at me. several posts suggest that

lots of soe fragrance will have u smelling musky. not in my case. i can smell it on me, but i must stick my neck up

to their nose in order for them to get any smell. with previous colognes i could be smelled 30 ft away.
also i have

read several posts by people regarding their frustration with the roller ball. any advice thanksHey is your SOE scented or unscented ?
I

always get the unscented one and if the roller ball is a little sticky at first i just get it wet with the SOE and

then stand the bottle upright and run my palm or thumb over the ball and it soon frees up and that is the end to any

ball problems.

As soon as the roller is freed up in a few

minutes of rolling it around with the bottle stood upright so as not to waste the product then it really is a very

effective method of delivery.

My standard and minimum amount of

SOE is about 30" and it always does the job 4 me.

Add a few

dabs of NPA or Alpha 7 and its as good as anything on the planet, if not better.

Thats my opinion anyway, as the great 80/20 Nol/Rone combination of this great Stone Labs product

is tops in my book and is just so very mixable as well.

gaf
07-04-2007, 03:53 AM
punisher:
I can't smell any real

difference between the two and I've owned both. May be a bad batch we both got???

update:
I had a sniff (of the

scented) today just to confirm , I smell a slight musky/flowery scent. But only if I put my nose right up close to

the roll top.

punisher
07-04-2007, 05:49 AM
i bought the scented version

and i have read that some people complain that too much on makes u smell musky. i have put a ton on a couple of

times and no one can smell the fragrance on me. i can smell some of it on my arms, but that is about it. i suppose

i am just frustrated with the fact that it is called scented but no one can smell it on me. i once boughta cologne

called happy for men. same thing, no one could smell it on me. thanks for the input so far. any other advice will

always do

BGuy20
07-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Maybe (since the scented version

has a musk smell) people assume it's a cologne and don't say anything. Musk is a component in quite a few men's

fragrances.

I'd suggest putting on moisturizer underneath your phero/cologne application spots, when I do

it, the pheros and cologne seem to "pop" more.

punisher
07-04-2007, 09:00 AM
hey bguy thanks for the

response. no one can smell the scented stuff on me. i have asked my mom if she can smell anything on me and she

says no. the only time u can smell this stuff is if u stick your application point up to your nose. i am very

dissappointed with the lack of scent. i read that people will smell u out. its impossible if the scented soe has

no fragrance to sniff out. anymore advice. thanks as always

gaf
07-04-2007, 04:02 PM
i am very

dissappointed with the lack of scent. i read that people will smell u out. its impossible if the scented soe has

no fragrance to sniff out. anymore advice. thanks as always

It's more of an "unconcious" smell

then a hit you in the face "damn his mones smell good" feeling. If that makes sense...
It's not like a cologne

so don't get confused between the two. Maybe you need to do some more reading at the phero library to understand

how they work.
:wave:

punisher
07-04-2007, 04:16 PM
hey gaf appreciate the advice,

but i always read tha soe scented can cause a headache if used at a high dosage. in my case i have used a high

dosage and have no one ever complain about my smell, either being good or bad. i guess i am under the impression

that i got a bad batch, because i think someone would have said something by now about my scent. at least my

parents would have complained about my smell. when i wear aqua di gio they can smell me a mile away and i can give

them a headache from the armani. any other advice would be great

BGuy20
07-04-2007, 06:39 PM
You might want to pair your SOE

with a -None product (The Edge/NPA) to give it that extra kick. That's the sort of thing that can inspire responses

from women similar to what you see in the Axe/Tag commercials. :lol:

gaf
07-05-2007, 01:15 AM
hey gaf

appreciate the advice

Thats nice but I don't think you read what I said.
Don't get confused

between a cologne smell and a 'mone smell , the two are completely different. Did you expect your mum to say " I

like your 'nol and 'none ratio , it turns me on" ?
As I said , read the pheromone library. I reads like you

haven't and don't understand the difference.
:POKE:

I'm not going to reply....

ShyAsianGuy26
07-05-2007, 04:54 AM
Hm, usually I think -mones

are used in conjunction with colognes b/c the -mones piggyback upon the molecules of cologne/fragrance so its like

unconscious as someone pointed out.

lol, I hope aqua di gio doesn't smell that strong b/c I just ordered a

bottle for myself.

Well best of luck.

P.S I do smell the musk coming off of dried SOE but maybe thats because

I am Asian?