PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody tell me what is meant by

Guy101
06-23-2007, 04:54 AM
reagent - grade pheromones? & Is there any difference between them & other pheromones? Please let me know. Thank

you

DrSmellThis
06-23-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm no chemist, but a reagent

is a substance which takes part in a chemical reaction to produce something else. So "reagent grade" might just mean

that the substance is reliable in it's chemical properties.

I don't know if that means anything,

realistically, in terms of relative purity, which is a relevant factor with pheromones.

So it could be marketing

BS.

ToxDoc
06-23-2007, 09:03 PM
The term reagent grade suggests a

material is of high purity, usually above 99.5%. Unlike pharmaceutical grade materials, however, reagent grade

chemicals are not required to undergo specific testing especially for heavy metals.

Gegogi
06-24-2007, 01:19 AM
On the LS store it refers to

extremely pure and concentrated pheromones as opposed to buffered and/or premixed products. The buffered and/or

premixed products are designed for easy consumer use while reagent grade products require knowledge and experience

to use to your best benefit.

ShyAsianGuy26
06-24-2007, 07:21 AM
ToxDoc, your into

pharmaceutics? lol

As for Reagents, the word can imply many things but from LS it probably means the

unadulterated ingredient that they put into other -mone mix. So in effect you are getting a gegogi said the

concentrate.

When it is buffered... it means that it has been mixed with something other than itself whether

perfume alcohol or whatnot. Not sure if this helps.

Guy101
06-25-2007, 02:57 AM
I have noticed that on the Alter

Ego bottle it says that the pheromones are made from a reagant grade ones, & yes the AE product is so consistent &

potent.