PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Pheros??!!

alanrudy
06-20-2007, 02:50 AM
WHERE IS

PHEROS??!!

I couldn't find it on the product page. Please don't tell me it's gone. NO!! Best cologne ever!!

Of the two bottles I bought last time, I still have about half a bottle left of mine but that's not going to last

forever. Please help.

koolking1
06-20-2007, 11:15 AM
going to be

available, down to 1/4 bottle left. I only use it for special occasions.

Bruce
06-20-2007, 11:18 AM
We should be getting more in a week

or two. I'll keep you posted as news develops.

b

alanrudy
06-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Phew. No biggie, it'll be

back eventually. I was worried it might be gone for good. Thanks for the help and responses.

DrSmellThis
06-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Yes, it's true. I stashed

away one last naughty batch of Pheros. It has not touched air, heat or light for a couple years.

I dug it

out of storage the other day and it smells fine, musky as hell, like something from Cleopatra's tomb. :twisted:

I'm gearing up the lab and various kinds of equipment now. There's more to it than you'd think. There are a lot

of ducks to get in a row that haven't been single file in a while.

For example, the supplier of the original,

unique lids has since gone out of business. We may have to use generic lids, but the labels don't fit on those.

There are plenty of the classic spherical bottles left, fortunately. Right now, I'm preparing perfumer's alcohol,

which takes a while to make right, to achieve proper fixation and diffusion. I'm also looking for the precise

ratios of water to alcohol in my old notes. But all that has to be determined anew anyway, since those should vary

with the age of the concoction. That means you have to bottle some with different ratios, let them set, and test

them on guinea pigs. There are a number of other minor issues to resolve, but they add up.

So I'm thinking

more 2-3 weeks at this point, at the earliest, barring unforseen events.

I'm of course happy and grateful for

the opportunity to engage in such good work. But keep your fingers crossed. I'll let you ladies and gentlemen know

what develops. :)

nbnbtc
06-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Doc, you have just made my day! I

can just picture you in your secret lab, wearing a cape and mixing up batches of the stuff. How sneaky of you to

keep a batch of your magic formula tucked away after all this time. You may very well be a marketing genius as well

as a smellsmith.

koolking1
06-25-2007, 10:29 AM
I wore Pheros both Fri

night and again on Sunday while meeting with 2 different swingers couples (got lucky Fri night with some 30

somethings and unlucky on Sunday with some late 40 somethings). What struck me most is that Pheros really makes me

feel comfortable and happy with myself (which I usually am anyways but the Pheros amplifies those feelings). It's

not exactly a weed buzz but it's a very nice buzz.

DrSmellThis
06-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Nm..........

DrSmellThis
06-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Yep; it's

definitely psychoactive, due to the countless, natural plant pheromone analogs, and real mammalian animal pheromones

(the complex pheromones mammals really use to mate in nature, not the single chemicals scientists think are

pheromones, though Pheros contains trace amounts of those too just to round things out).

It also

contains other medicinal substances, such as fresh, raw valerian root and two kids of valerian EO; from all of which

valium can be derived. Valerian also contain substances, in extremely high concentrations, found in human sweat ,

primarily isovalerianic acid, which makes feet smell. I consider it a human pheromone, probably having its primary

effect on comfort; familiar feelings, and trust (think about it, bare footsteps indicate where home is);

though chemically it's more like a unisex copulin, a fatty acid like other copulins. In small concentrations, it's

just another nice musk note.

But I defy anyone to purchase some high quality valerian EO and leave it open on

your dresser. It's like EW, possibly worse, such is the concentration of isovalerianic acid. I store it with my

original supply of chem lab EW, the concentrated kind people use to put on rubber gloves for, and the valerian

stinks just as bad if I open the box. But if you inhale some valerian EO deeply, you will feel immediately very

relaxed, like not having a care in the world. You will also feel like, "OH GOD SOMEBODY OPEN A WINDOW, THOSE ARE

SOME ROTTEN FEET". Such is the world of pheromones.

Anyone can prove the psychoactivity of Pheros,

immediately, just by smelling it deeply. (By that time, they no longer need to see research studies saying it does

something. :twisted: Science is for uncertain things, not things we are already certain about). It's a pleasant,

mildly intoxicating effect for most, not a headachey or toxic kind of feeling. Nature is kind like that.

Men

get a strong, pleasant effect. If anything, it might be stronger in it's pleasurableness for women, though I'm not

entirely certain about it. The most intense reports of obsessive smelling fits have come from women, at least. So I

consider it unisex, with a tilt toward women getting more pleasure from it. That might mean it's slightly better

for romance worn by men, but slightly better for mood uplifting worn by women.

It's fun talking about some of

the 150 "mysterious" substances that make up Pheros.

alanrudy
06-26-2007, 12:27 AM
From using Pheros, I definitely

agree that it's psychoactive. I have felt both the romantic and mood uplifting and even more effects.
I've

received so many compliments about how good Pheros smelled (although I usually wear pheros and mones together, I've

gotten compliments the couple times I've only weared Pheros too).
DST, could you keep us posted if there ends up

being any difference, whether ingredient wise or effect wise with the new batch? Do you plan to continue to make

Pheros after this? I hope you will always make it.
I recommend people treating it like mones and starting with one

drop, etc. It's really a great product.

DrSmellThis
06-26-2007, 11:55 AM
I might add a small

amount of additional muskrat musk to the alcohol, as part of the fixative for the alcohol, in addition to a standard

natural alcohol fixative I used last time. You don't want the alcohol to evaporate too fast. It will make no

difference in the smell. There is already muskrat musk in the perfume anyway (oops, revealed another ingredient),

though it is by no means the prominent musk note. Muskrat lends a depth in the bass range no other substance on

earth can add -- a "subwoofer of scent". Other than that there will be no ingredient differences.

No, I will not

be making more Pheros. This is the last of the last batch. The recipe was never kept, and I couldn't locate

all the 150 ingredients in the same quality if I tried. It's like a vintage wine. A snapshot in time. There can

only be one batch.

So get your bottles if you want them.

Which reminds me, incidentally; there is no

financial advantage for me to "talk up" Pheros; or to ask people to buy it (someone once suggested that I was

here primarily to market my product -- that person said he was here mainly for that reason, and apparently didn't

understand. I'm here because I love women, and was here long before I had a product.). One Bruce buys the little I

have left, which he has already ordered, I've made all the money I'll ever make from it. Even if it sells like

hotcakes, Bruce can never order more, and I'm currently offering no other products. There is no concrete reason for

me to care what anyone thinks about the product (emotional reasons, yes). In fact, I never cared that much how much

it sold, because I thought it would eventually sell out, and knew I'd never sell more after that. Plus, it was

always a strange concoction for pheromone and scent connoisseurs; not really intended for the mainstream. It was a

labor of love. I'm just happy that people all over the world are using it; that its vibe is out there.

WorkingMann
06-26-2007, 12:35 PM
When can we expect this

wonder potion? I've finally come to money as I'm not in school anymore and doesn't have to live by the little

funding the state gives us.. I get double the money on half the time, so now I get 4 times as much on a month as

when in school..

And for some time I've been a little sad because I couldn't afford Pheros at that time as I

had little means already but now when I get the chance I would love to get some (now when I can afford it

:twisted:)..

I've always wanted to try it out but was just to expensive for my budget at that time.. So now when

I can afford it I will be looking forward to testing it out and see how it works.. Because over the last couple of

years people have said many great things about it so will be looking forward to experiencing it myself :wub:
SO

when I now have my chance (my last chance) I wouldn't miss it for anything..!!

alanrudy
06-26-2007, 04:33 PM
someone once

suggested that I was here primarily to market my product

That person most likely never researched any

of your post to find the thousands of thoughtful advice about all different topics in this forum.

That's a

downer that there won't be any more pheros :(. I'm thinking of picking up a couple bottles, correct me if I'm

wrong but I remember you mentioned before that if stored relatively safely the bottle should be good for a certain

number of years, but I forgot how long you said. How long should a bottle I buy be good for? If forever, you might

as well send the whole shipment to me so I can use them or sell them for 20 times cost, j/k, :lovestruc I really

like Pheros though.

BGuy20
06-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Yep;

it's definitely psychoactive, due to the countless, natural plant pheromone analogs, and real mammalian animal

pheromones (the complex pheromones mammals really use to mate in nature, not the single chemicals scientists think

are pheromones, though Pheros contains trace amounts of those too just to round things out).

It also

contains other medicinal substances, such as fresh, raw valerian root and two kids of valerian EO; from all of which

valium can be derived. Valerian also contain substances, in extremely high concentrations, found in human sweat ,

primarily isovalerianic acid, which makes feet smell. I consider it a human pheromone, probably having its primary

effect on comfort; familiar feelings, and trust (think about it, bare footsteps indicate where home is);

though chemically it's more like a unisex copulin, a fatty acid like other copulins. In small concentrations, it's

just another nice musk note.

But I defy anyone to purchase some high quality valerian EO and leave it open on

your dresser. It's like EW, possibly worse, such is the concentration of isovalerianic acid. I store it with my

original supply of chem lab EW, the concentrated kind people use to put on rubber gloves for, and the valerian

stinks just as bad if I open the box. But if you inhale some valerian EO deeply, you will feel immediately very

relaxed, like not having a care in the world. You will also feel like, "OH GOD SOMEBODY OPEN A WINDOW, THOSE ARE

SOME ROTTEN FEET". Such is the world of pheromones.

Anyone can prove the psychoactivity of Pheros,

immediately, just by smelling it deeply. (By that time, they no longer need to see research studies saying it does

something. :twisted: Science is for uncertain things, not things we are already certain about). It's a pleasant,

mildly intoxicating effect for most, not a headachey or toxic kind of feeling. Nature is kind like that.

Men

get a strong, pleasant effect. If anything, it might be stronger in it's pleasurableness for women, though I'm not

entirely certain about it. The most intense reports of obsessive smelling fits have come from women, at least. So I

consider it unisex, with a tilt toward women getting more pleasure from it. That might mean it's slightly better

for romance worn by men, but slightly better for mood uplifting worn by women.

It's fun talking about some of

the 150 "mysterious" substances that make up Pheros.

I use valerian root as a sleep aid (Thanks,

Fight Club!), and boy, it does smell. Even stinky pheromones don't smell as bad to me as the valerian root. Feet

pretty much does describe the scent.

DrSmellThis
06-27-2007, 12:17 AM
That

person most likely never researched any of your post to find the thousands of thoughtful advice about all different

topics in this forum.

That's a downer that there won't be any more pheros :(. I'm thinking of picking up a

couple bottles, correct me if I'm wrong but I remember you mentioned before that if stored relatively safely the

bottle should be good for a certain number of years, but I forgot how long you said. How long should a bottle I buy

be good for? If forever, you might as well send the whole shipment to me so I can use them or sell them for 20 times

cost, j/k, :lovestruc I really like Pheros though.I never said, because I never knew. The risk with

Pheros is that I've never known much about its "shelf life". It''s an all natural product, and I have no

idea. I found nothing in any literature. I do know it's important to keep it away from heat, light, impurities

(clean hands, etc.) and excessive air (oxidation). If you do that, I think at least the musk notes in it -- the most

important and unique element for our purposes, and stubborn fixatives -- would last a pretty long while. Musk keeps

it's scent for a couple thousand years if preserved. Maybe the top notes would weaken, and the bass notes

would mostly stay intact. I don't know. The key is to not corrupt it by any of the above means.

belgareth
06-27-2007, 12:31 AM
You'll remember, Doc, that I

mentioned having an unopened bottle I was letting age? Still have it. It's been kept on it's side in a dark place

and not disturbed for quite some time now. I pulled it out yesterday and looked at it. Some brown matter had settled

out of it and formed a lump in the bottom. A gentle shaking and the liquid became cloudy, everything suspended

again. I'm going to give it at least another year before I open it, see what happens. I don't expect anything bad

because the alcohol in it will prevent bacteria from growing. Otherwise, any guesses?

DrSmellThis
06-27-2007, 03:41 AM
The brown lumpy stuff was the

raw valerian herb and some resins, like vanilla, that left undissolved residue. It looks gross. I decided not to

filter it because I thought the filtering I tried during the testing phase affected the smell.

The alcohol

protects only against bacteria, but not the other things I mentioned. An impurity works its way though a perfume and

changes everything, for example.

I hope it will be fine. A lot depends on previous exposure to things while you

were actively using it. The clear bottle wasn't my first choice, since it doesn't block light. How much light was

it exposed to?

It's probably not true that an organic scent wouldn't change at all, probably in the form of

the bottom notes coalescing more but the top notes perhaps receeding more; the whole thing mellowing. That would be

my educated guess. The master supply, which has been sequestered away in concentrated form, in a cool, dark, air

tight environment, smells (literally) more musky now than it used to. Even the top note is musky.

So far, I

like the age effect fine, since my favorite thing about Pheros was always the complex musk note. I'm going

to test it further before I ship it, after dilution of the concentrate. I will let you know then if I have other

conclusions about the effects of age.

DrSmellThis
06-27-2007, 04:00 AM
I

might add a small amount of additional muskrat musk to the alcohol, as part of the fixative for the alcohol,

in addition to a standard natural alcohol fixative I used last time.

Ok. I decided not to add more

muskrat, because I got an idea. What I did instead is took all the fixated perfuming alcohol and poured it into an

old, empty vat where my aged, rare, Mysore sandalwood was stored! (Yum! I'm smelling the alcohol on my hands as we

speak. It's good.). I'm hoping that will support the woody note on top a little bit, since the volatile alcohol

note will now be sandalwood flavored. Hopefully, that was the best decision, since adding extra sandalwood on top

was my original "Aha" plan with Pheros.

belgareth
06-27-2007, 04:47 AM
You missed what I said. It is a

sealed bottle, unopened from the day I recieved it. It isn't exposed to light at all but kept in a cool, dark

place. If it was exposed at all it was before it got to me. I put it away when it arrived.

I don't expect an

organic scent to stay the same, that's why I put it away. The alcohol should protect it from bacterial issues and

the cool dark place should protect against anything else. The Aloeswood in it should age nicely, as should the musk

oil. The rest I haven't a clue about but still don't expect anything bad. Could be wrong, it wouldn't be the

first time but am looking forward to opening it in another year.

DrSmellThis
06-27-2007, 05:25 AM
My bad. I hadn't realized you

bought an extra bottle. I knew you had used Pheros for a while, and so I assumed you'd opened it. Now I see

you wrote it that way. Senility plus two fingers of Kentucky Bourbon is not a good combo, evidently.

My

intuition is that the more water (and to a lesser extent, alcohol) you have, the less aging you have in the sense of

a good wine aging. It does age well in water to a certain point, however, in that the water brings out qualities the

alcohol could not, and dissolves things in a way the alcohol could not. Pheros was probably better after it

was bought by somebody than it was when I bottled it, to a point.

What that exact point is, I can't tell you.

Somehow I doubt it matures much in water past a year, but I could be wrong. Keep in mind this is the only perfume I

have sold commmercially, so I am guessing.

When I bottle it for sale, I dilute it. It is bottled with the idea

of being used; not to age, per se. If I want something to age I keep it concentrated. The master Pheros

concentrate I stored had a better chance to age productively, I'd guess.

So I have no idea what your experiment

will do. My intuition is that there are enough interesting, relatively ageless, ingredients in there, such as oud

and musk, that it should be still useful. But I wouldn't expect the oud to age past a certain point, for example.

Yesterday I smelled some oud eau de toilette I made years ago, before Pheros. It was in lots of water.

It still smelled fine, but not better than it originally did, to my nose.

belgareth
06-27-2007, 06:27 AM
A while back I bought some pure

Oud that had aged about 30 years. It was supposed to have been a good Indian oud in the first place, the aging

process made it more complex and mellower. I regret having only bought one bottle of it, wonderful stuff.

WorkingMann
06-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Doc when do you expect to

have something for us? And how much are you planning on making? Just an estimate..

oscar
06-27-2007, 10:09 AM
When I bottle it for sale, I dilute it. It is bottled with the idea of being used; not to age, per se. If I want

something to age I keep it concentrated. The master Pheros concentrate I stored had a better chance to age

productively, I'd guess.

Doc,

So how about a "Limited Edition" bottling of some

concentrate for those of us who plan to have some PHEROS entombed with us in our sarcophagi?

Imagine

anthropologists some millenia from now unearthing the bottle and inhaling its rich, deep aroma.

You could be

pissing away your best shot at "immortality" if you dilute the whole batch. ;)

Oscar :)

DrSmellThis
06-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Doc,

So how about a "Limited Edition" bottling of some concentrate for those of us who plan to have some PHEROS

entombed with us in our sarcophagi?

Imagine anthropologists some millenia from now unearthing the bottle and

inhaling its rich, deep aroma.

You could be pissing away your best shot at "immortality" if you dilute the whole

batch. ;)

Oscar :)I could make no guarantees how the concentrate would age, either. But entombing

some is an interesting idea.

nbnbtc
06-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Doc, are you going to use the cork

again or a regular lid? I found the cork made Pheros hard to travel with, I lost what was left in the bottle last

summer on a trip where it became uncorked in my bag.

DrSmellThis
06-30-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your

spilled product! It was probably bound to happen to somebody, although you're the first I've heard of. Corks are

normally fairly reliable, within reason. When I travelled with mine, which was constantly at one point, I kept it in

my breast pocket and nothing ever spilled. I'd never put it in a gym bag where shoes could hit it or something,

unless there was a secure side pocket. But even then, bags get jostled around a lot. Although corks don't leak,

they can certainly be pried off by various random objects.

Once I dropped a bottle of Pheros in a bar,

scenting the whole room, however. At the time I wrote on the forum that a woman took her shirt off in the middle of

the bar and showed everyone her tits that night.

No, I'm not using the beautiful, artistic, miniature cork.

Instead I'm using a boring, generic, black lid.

I'm trying to tell myself it looks cute on the

spherical bottle. I'm getting used to it.

The perfuming alcohol has almost matured, and smells pretty nice.

(It's similar to making rum or something). I've been smelling my hands repeatedly that have dried alcohol on them.

I haven't even added the perfume yet.

idesign
06-30-2007, 09:26 PM
The romance of the cork is being

lost even here! Opening a bottle of wine is merely a mundane chore now. Perhaps a special cork edition of

Pheros?

WorkingMann
07-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Doc

You still don't know

when this magic potion should be ready to arrive at LS?
I just wanna know how long approx. I would wait and when to

look for it so I could get me some of the last wonderjuice :twisted:

DrSmellThis
07-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Doc

You still don't know when this magic potion should be ready to arrive at LS?
I

just wanna know how long approx. I would wait and when to look for it so I could get me some of the last wonderjuice

:twisted:Maybe another two weeks?

idesign
07-03-2007, 05:01 PM
- Bruce, do you think you could

start a "pre-sale" list for those of us who want to buy some? I for one would be willing to put 50% down.

-

DST, what about Oscar's idea of a special edition concentrate? with a cork stopper?

WorkingMann
07-04-2007, 06:28 AM
Sounds great Doc.. Will be

looking forward to this..

And Bruce if you will make a preorder list you can put me down for 2 bottles :lol:

DrSmellThis
07-04-2007, 08:33 AM
- Bruce,

do you think you could start a "pre-sale" list for those of us who want to buy some? I for one would be willing to

put 50% down.

- DST, what about Oscar's idea of a special edition concentrate? with a cork

stopper?In general, buying a concentrate for four times the price or whatever is not worth it. I determine

the concentration that I think wears and smells best. And it takes some skill, extra ingredients, and time to dilute

it properly, if you were planning on doing it yourself.

If I was convinced the concentrate would age especially

well, as Oscar suggested, I might consider something. But at this point, it would be good just to see more people

get a bottle, since there isn't much left.

The other thing is really that there isn't enough left to make

many bottles of the concentrate.

And lastly, I'm sure Bruce would be THRILLED at having to pay four times as

much for it, and having to pass that multiple on to you all, with the hope that a lot of you would jump at

the opportunity to drop a few bills for it.

Maybe this is a mistake, but that is the current thinking.

But I'll play around with some of the concentrate just to see.

idesign
07-04-2007, 11:09 AM
In

general, buying a concentrate for four times the price or whatever is not worth it. I determine the concentration

that I think wears and smells best. And it takes some skill, extra ingredients, and time to dilute it properly, if

you were planning on doing it yourself.

If I was convinced the concentrate would age especially well, as Oscar

suggested, I might consider something. But at this point, it would be good just to see more people get a bottle,

since there isn't much left.

The other thing is really that there isn't enough left to make many bottles of

the concentrate.

And lastly, I'm sure Bruce would be THRILLED at having to pay four times as much for it, and

having to pass that multiple on to you all, with the hope that a lot of you would jump at the opportunity to

drop a few bills for it.

Maybe this is a mistake, but that is the current thinking.

But I'll play

around with some of the concentrate just to see.

If you don't think the concentrate would age any better

than the dilution then good.

Also, appreciate the altruism of wanting more people the opportunity to have some.

:thumbsup:

However, if thinking changes, sign me up for a bottle of concentrate. If you came up with a few

bottles, I'm sure there's a market for such limited quantities, at whatever price. As you said, this is a

snapshot in time that cannot be duplicated, and given the cult following you have with this scent I think there

would be buyers who would treasure it.

Again, Bruce could pre-sale whatever you might be able to offer, and

I'm sure that this community would not leave him hanging. Just a thought.

Suerte,
Greg

nbnbtc
07-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks Doc, now that I think about

it it was probably my own fault for not packing it more carefuly. In honor of you continuing your labor of love,

when I'm not traveling with the bottle I'll cork it - using the cork I still have from the last one.

DrSmellThis
07-14-2007, 03:18 AM
Just a little update:

Production of Pheros was delayed for several days due to the heat wave in Oregon. I had to keep it in a

cool environment until the heat wave passed.

I resumed work on bottling today.

The stuff smells damn good

still, like no other cologne you'll find on the market.

It has mellowed with age. Age has made the oud and

musk stand out, which might please Belgareth. There will be more of a distinct woody note, which was the idea all

along, since Pheros was born from drops of juniper, years ago.

Naughty, spicy, musky wood. That's what

you can expect.

The musk is complex and deep, like no other cologne.

So I think the years were kind to

Pheros, and no longer wonder how it held up.

I'm smelling the back of my hand as I type this and clearly

smell the oud after four hours. The concentrate is too strong to wear by itself, so I'm glad I'm diluting it.

The perfuming alcohol has matured in the fixatives, but is now seasoning with a little perfume mixed in. That

process will ensure that adding alcohol will take nothing away from the smell. Not too many perfumers use this old

school method. So the alcohol already smells great by itself, before I've even added the bulk perfume. I will

season the water in the same way. Every step in the bottling process requires meticulous care, if you are going to

do it the traditional, natural way.

Had fun flirting with a few women at a bar tonight, covered in

Pheros, after I was done with bottling for the day. I can't stop smelling myself. I went out smelling like

sex. There's almost a marijuana-like note to this stuff too. Never noticed that before.

There is no substitute

for natural musk, folks.

WorkingMann
07-14-2007, 04:26 AM
Almost cant wait to have my

nose in this and purchase a stash of this.. Man O man! Will be looking forward to having it in my stock and trying

it on for the first time

nbnbtc
07-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Doc, you have such love for your

product and for the process. You sound like you are bottling a fine wine, but far more precious. We wait with

anticipiation for more of your special brew. I truly hope this isn't your last effort even if it is the last of

Pheros.

CAtriathlete
07-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Has anyone else besides me

noticed the risk of talking up the last batch of Pheros too much? I can imagine some people hoarding it and

re-selling it for 10X the cost in a couple of years.

Perhaps Bruce will limit the number of bottles per customer

to keep a level playing field?

Just a thought...

-CAt

idesign
07-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Has

anyone else besides me noticed the risk of talking up the last batch of Pheros too much? I can imagine some people

hoarding it and re-selling it for 10X the cost in a couple of years.

Perhaps Bruce will limit the number of

bottles per customer to keep a level playing field?

Just a thought...

-CAt

SShhhhh!!

Just

kidding. I think with the pretty limited initial market this won't be much of an issue, though we really don't

know how much product will be available, or who is out there with the funds. I intend to buy more than one bottle

when its available, and it will be kept for my own posterity. I think others here on this board have the same

covetous thoughts.

I would, though, be concerned if Bruce got an order for half or more of what was offered.

Its up to him, but Bruce strikes me as a very fair and decent guy, and well able to handle whatever may transpire

along these lines.

Its interesting, big companies drool over this kind of advance demand for a product. In this

case Pheros is a known product in its market, and the huge anticipation of its (re)release is a testimony of its

great quality.

Its abundantly obvious that you've done well Dr, and by all means, take the time to get it

right.

Wondering :think: if any thought has been given to pre-sales, esp to board members?? That might be a

pain in the neck for Bruce though, but we will have the most advanced notice. Right? Right??

Pant! Greg

DrSmellThis
07-16-2007, 02:42 AM
-- Board members will have all

the advance notice.

-- I'll have to get Bruce's permission to tell you how many bottles there are. I haven't

confirmed it with him yet, (though it will be within my intial estimated range) and his inventory is essentially his

business.

-- Thanks for the nice words, idesign, and everyone else. I believe it's a very good product for

those who like natural, musky, woody, spicy, earthy, magical, richer, more complex, erotic scents.

On the other

hand, those who like light, summery, cistrusy colognes, like Gegogi, might not care for it, unless they can go

either way. (I have another, simpler fine cologne Gegogi might like quite a bit, however, if I can find the

ingredients. It would have strong citrus note, but would not smell cheap by any means.) Believe me, there are a

significant number of people that have sent it back right after purchase (Thankfully, Bruce is good about that sort

of thing.) Keeps me humble.

But it has almost a cult following of people who feel very strongly about it, and

are very loyal. That's really all you can ask for.

belgareth
07-16-2007, 05:18 AM
Your timing is terrible, Doc.

The last time you released Pheros was right before I left for vacation too. We are leaving for ten days next week.

(Ok, so maybe it's my timing.) I'll bet you are plannning on releasing it during that time? I'll ask Bruce to set

aside a bottle or two. Wouldn't want to miss out on this.

nbnbtc
07-16-2007, 04:18 PM
-- Board

members will have all the advance notice.

-- I'll have to get Bruce's permission to tell you how many

bottles there are. I haven't confirmed it with him yet, (though it will be within my intial estimated range) and

his inventory is essentially his business.

-- Thanks for the nice words, idesign, and everyone else. I

believe it's a very good product for those who like natural, musky, woody, spicy, earthy, magical, richer, more

complex, erotic scents.

On the other hand, those who like light, summery, cistrusy colognes, like Gegogi,

might not care for it, unless they can go either way. (I have another, simpler fine cologne Gegogi might like quite

a bit, however, if I can find the ingredients. It would have strong citrus note, but would not smell cheap by any

means.) Believe me, there are a significant number of people that have sent it back right after purchase

(Thankfully, Bruce is good about that sort of thing.) Keeps me humble.

But it has almost a cult

following of people who feel very strongly about it, and are very loyal. That's really all you can ask

for.

In a few decades it will be its own religion.

idesign
07-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Your

timing is terrible, Doc. The last time you released Pheros was right before I left for vacation too. We are leaving

for ten days next week. (Ok, so maybe it's my timing.) I'll bet you are plannning on releasing it during that

time? I'll ask Bruce to set aside a bottle or two. Wouldn't want to miss out on this.

Bel, give me your

credit card info and I'll hoard it for you. Did I say hoard? I meant store... yes... I'll store it for you.

idesign
07-16-2007, 04:51 PM
--

Board members will have all the advance notice.

bottles there are. I haven't confirmed it with him yet, (though it will be within my intial estimated range) and

his inventory is essentially his business.

-- Thanks for the nice words, idesign, and everyone else. I believe

it's a very good product for those who like natural, musky, woody, spicy, earthy, magical, richer, more complex,

erotic scents.

On the other hand, those who like light, summery, cistrusy colognes, like Gegogi, might not care

for it, unless they can go either way. (I have another, simpler fine cologne Gegogi might like quite a bit, however,

if I can find the ingredients. It would have strong citrus note, but would not smell cheap by any means.) Believe

me, there are a significant number of people that have sent it back right after purchase (Thankfully, Bruce is good

about that sort of thing.) Keeps me humble.

But it has almost a cult following of people who feel very strongly

about it, and are very loyal. That's really all you can ask for.

-- Thank you!
-- OK
-- Very welcome

Doc
-- Citrusy is nice for day wear, but I can't stand most of the newer commercial frags. Synthetic and no

depth.
-- Question Doc: other than Pheros, do you produce any other frags that are available for purchase?

TIA,

Greg

belgareth
07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Bel, give

me your credit card info and I'll hoard it for you. Did I say hoard? I meant store... yes... I'll store it for

you.
:rofl: Uh, huh. I appreciate the offer but I think I left it on the turnip truck.

WorkingMann
07-17-2007, 11:12 AM
--

Board members will have all the advance notice.

bottles there are. I haven't confirmed it with him yet, (though it will be within my intial estimated range)

and his inventory is essentially his business.

I've read through this thread again but can't seem to

find what your estimated range is? :blink:

DrSmellThis
07-17-2007, 11:57 AM
I've read through this thread again but can't seem to find what your estimated range

is? :blink:That comment was for Bruce's information. Sorry for the confusion.

DrSmellThis
07-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Question

Doc: other than Pheros, do you produce any other frags that are available for purchase?Not at present.

WorkingMann
07-17-2007, 12:03 PM
ahh oka then.. But hope

there will be enough for more than only 1 bottle per customer as I would like 2.. But again.. I wouldn't pay

overprice from another customer who have bought one and used the 1 bottle per customer thing to make a profit of

it..

CptKipling
07-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Great to see your still doing

this Doc!

DrSmellThis
07-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Great

to see your still doing this Doc!Makes you feeli like you never left, huh?

Superman
07-31-2007, 08:34 AM
thanks for the info,

Doc!

I'd like to get a bottle too but I want to know what the price will be before I completely commit myself..

if it's not too expensive even two bottles perhaps..
Please message me when it's available.

Superman

DrSmellThis
08-01-2007, 04:30 PM
* Sorry for the delay folks.

After testing, I decided the perfume needed to mature in the alcohol longer, essentially, to "liberate" the top note

as much as possible. This step wasn't necessary or helpful the last time it was bottled, when I wanted to mellow

out the top note and help longevity. But smells evolve with age, the top note has mellowed quite a bit on its own,

the longevity now seems fine; and now this extra step is advisable.

This is of course more detail than any of

you needed, but I wanted to let you all know there was a thought process behind the delay.

I'll keep you all

posted.

* Bruce is the one to contact about retail price. Wasn't it around $50? I know it's pathetic, but I

forget.

Iaskalotof?'s
08-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Hey while we're asking

where is and stuff,where is Terry?Did he fall of the face of the earth?

idesign
08-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey

while we're asking where is and stuff,where is Terry?Did he fall of the face of the earth?

Was wondering

about him too the last few days. Terry, what's up mate? Don't make us start a new thread asking about your

whereabouts, you'll be in trouble then. :trout:

Check in buddy.

terry0400-40
08-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Was

wondering about him too the last few days. Terry, what's up mate? Don't make us start a new thread asking about

your whereabouts, you'll be in trouble then. :trout:

Check in buddy.I am just looking in from now on

guys. :frustrate

Superman
08-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the update, Doc...

Iaskalotof?'s
08-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Great,as soon as I start

a phero pro leaves :(

Superman
08-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Great,as soon as I start a phero pro leaves :(
Just don't worry, there are

others...

idesign
08-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Bump

Haven't seen you for a

while Doc, hope you're well.

Still standing over the cauldron stirring in the proper incantations? Don't

forget the bat's fur absolute, there's a sale on at Oshadi.

idesign
08-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Bump

Haven't seen you for a

while Doc, hope you're well.

Still standing over the cauldron stirring in the proper incantations? Don't

forget the bat's fur absolute, there's a sale on at Oshadi.

WorkingMann
08-25-2007, 06:32 AM
Any news on a release date?

:twisted::lol:

DrSmellThis
08-27-2007, 07:06 PM
No news yet, though there has

been some progress. The first shipment will go out very soon.

I do have a question, though.

I'm just

exploring how I feel about selling concentrate.

I'd construct a poll if I could remember how to do it. Is there

still a poll function? Unless I can figure that out, it's going to be really cumbersome to find out how people

feel.

But I'm curious how many would definitely buy the concentrate in the bottom of

the Pheros bottle without additional water. It's basically mostly alcohol and the essences. You'd be able

to add your own water (though the water wouldn't be preconditioned). If I did it that way Bruce wouldn't have as

much extra hassle or have to change the price.

It wouldn't be as useful as is in that form, since it would be

too strong, and since the water does add nice qualities (e.g., smoothness).

If a lot of people would, I'd have

a discussion with Bruce about it, and figure out how we felt.

idesign
08-27-2007, 08:34 PM
No

news yet, though there has been some progress. The first shipment will go out very soon.

I do have a question,

though.

I'm just exploring how I feel about selling concentrate.

I'd construct a poll if I could remember

how to do it. Is there still a poll function? Unless I can figure that out, it's going to be really cumbersome to

find out how people feel.

But I'm curious how many would definitely buy the

concentrate in the bottom of the Pheros bottle without additional water. It's basically mostly alcohol and

the essences. You'd be able to add your own water (though the water wouldn't be preconditioned). If I did it that

way Bruce wouldn't have as much extra hassle or have to change the price.

It wouldn't be as useful as is in

that form, since it would be too strong, and since the water does add nice qualities (e.g., smoothness).

If a

lot of people would, I'd have a discussion with Bruce about it, and figure out how we felt.

Hi Doc, nice

to see you,

I think our main question would be what benefit is there in having the concentrate. I think there

was some discussion on this earlier. I think Belwith has an ancient bottle that has kept well.

-- Will the

concentrate keep better in the long term? Say 2-3 or more years?

-- How big a deal is it mixing with the

preconditioned water? It would certainly help in the initial blend. Would there be any serious compromise mixing

it later with distilled water?

-- Can you provide detailed instructions for future mixing? IE a little sheet

detailing procedure.

I'm sure that we'll all buy the, excuse the retail lingo, ready-to-wear product. If

there's a longer term benefit to having some concentrate there may be some who might want to go this route.

If

there's no real benefit to having the concentrate I'm not sure its worth the trouble to you or to Bruce.

I'd

be happy to to a poll.

Greg

idesign
08-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Ooops, in my experimenting the

poll is already up. Hope I can change it if I need to.

DrSmellThis
08-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks much, idesign!

Looks good, except could you please just take out all alternatives but the one to buy the concentrate? I'm just

looking for a straight "head count".

Thanks again in advance.

nbnbtc
09-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Ah Pheros, I can almost smell it

in the air now...

DrSmellThis
09-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Ah

Pheros, I can almost smell it in the air now...You can say that again.

I'm currently lightheaded from

bottling it. In the next few days, one of two shipments is going out.

In that shipment will be included a small

number of 7ml bottles of the concentrate. So get ready to move on the concentrate if you want some.

DrSmellThis
09-16-2007, 09:05 PM
The first shipment of

Pheros goes out tomorrow, which is Monday.

Included in that shipment are 18 bottles of Pheros

Concentrate, based on feedback from forum members who expressed interest. (Hear that, Oscar?)

I will provide

more details soon.

Thanks everybody for your patience, and interest in the perfume. I will explain more about

the process soon.

idesign
09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
The

first shipment of Pheros goes out tomorrow, which is Monday.

Included in that shipment are 18 bottles of

Pheros Concentrate, based on feedback from forum members who expressed interest. (Hear that, Oscar?)

I

will provide more details soon.

Thanks everybody for your patience, and interest in the perfume. I will explain

more about the process soon.

Congrats Doc on getting the product out. I have no doubt that your own

patience, and hard work, will reap new and renewed fans.

I suppose this is as good a time and place as any to ask

Bruce what his plans are re sales of the concentrate. The Forum Club to start with? Perhaps an

indication of tentative availability date? You there Bruce?

Now that its shipped, patience has now officially

been replaced with panting. :cheers:

DrSmellThis
09-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Pheros is on the way!

:)

Thanks again, everybody, for your kind interest.

Superman
09-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Pheros is on the way! :)

Thanks again, everybody, for your kind

interest.
I spent the morning reading all about Pheros again..
I read there are cops in it.. is there any

downside or perhaps there isn't enough to have any negative?

Bruce
09-18-2007, 08:57 AM
It's "in the mail". I'll keep you

posted; maybe get a pre-sale order spot up this evening.

Bruce
09-18-2007, 01:48 PM
OK Guys,

I have Pheros up for

"advance sales", meaning you can order it now and it will ship as soon as the shippment arrives. As for the

concentrate, what I propose is that concentrate customers order just like those who want the regular Pheros, adding

the phrase "PLEASE SEND ME THE **CONCENTRATE** VERSION" in the "comments" box of your order. As I remember, Doc

said the concentrate would be the same price; so that system should work.

There aren't too many of those conc

bottles, so let's say "ONE PER CUSTOMER" on the concentrate for now, ok?

Thanks forlks, and thanks

DrSmellThis!
Bruce

DrSmellThis
09-18-2007, 03:08 PM
I spent

the morning reading all about Pheros again..
I read there are cops in it.. is there any downside or perhaps there

isn't enough to have any negative?
Yes, there is a very small amount, a trace amount, of all the EW/Jutte

copulins in Pheros, along with the other major known pheromones. Even the "mystery ingredient" in NPA for

Women is in there, for that matter, as nasty as that stuff smells by itself.

Why? I think it humanizes it; makes

it more friendly; makes it more organic, and "animalistic". But it makes the musk notes more like human musk

instead of a non human animal, making sure that the human specific chemicals are part of the mindboggling complex of

real mammalian pheromones in the natural musks. That was the idea I had many years ago, before there were pheromone

forums, when I first started experimenting with analog pheromones and mammalian musks.

Perfumers did not have

the capability to do that before; and to me it's an important untapped use of the technology. It's a completely

different use of pheromones than you're used to, philosophically speaking. As far as I know, no one else has

previously employed pheromones in this way (although it now appears another company I'm not permitted to name has

been influenced by this idea to some extent, even to the point of registering my oft used phrase "human musk" as

their trademark ;)).

Does that have any downside? I don't know, and I can't guarantee that it doesn't.

But I've never heard of, and have not observed, any of the traditional negative copulin side effects from the

product.

It's definitely not going to scream "I've just cheated on you". But it might say you've been laid

before, and bring out the bisexual side of some women. If it's your wife, I think the copulins are just going to

suggest that it's her own pheromones on you, because they are not strong enough to suggest something unique and

different -- another woman.

In other words, and more scientifically speaking; every woman has at least

trace amounts of all those fatty acids on them, at all times. Larger amounts would have suggested the profile of an

ovulating woman, specifically; or a unique woman, in general.

For that matter, men certainly produce trace

amounts of many copulins as well, including some of the fatty acids that were added to Pheros. Do you see?

At the levels I added all the different pheromones, really the only chemical message you're sending is that this

is the smell of a great smelling human being, instead of a great smelling perfume, or a chemical

factory in the case of whatever other chemicals you are wearing with Pheros.

This is part of the reason

I believe Pheros has a role; a unique niche to fill. I personally feel it's a geat thing to have in your

arsenal of tools.

Fortunately or unfortunately, this product is too "sophisticated" to explain its benefits with

simple marketing slogans. So does all that make sense?

idesign
09-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Doc, having said all that, would

you discourage using other -mone products layered with Pheros? I suppose that as with any other product

experimentation yields results, but since Pheros is a one-time opportunity, we don't want to waste it.

How do

YOU use Pheros?

belgareth
09-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Pheros worked extremely well to

cover mones for me. I used it a lot, it's great as a cover.

Superman
09-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks, Doc for the great

explanation.
Really appreciated..

CAtriathlete
09-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Let the advance orders

begin!!!

I have a special request, as I am low on funds and have to be very selective about my purchases: As

soon as anyone gets their order of this batch of Pheros, can you let us know if it is a great batch?

And maybe

Dr. Smell can ring in on how he would rate this batch compared to other legendary batches of Pheros he's

produced?

I suppose i can return it if I don't like it, but would like to avoid the trouble for both me and

Bruce.

Thanks!

-CAt

idesign
09-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Let

the advance orders begin!!!

I have a special request, as I am low on funds and have to be very selective about

my purchases: As soon as anyone gets their order of this batch of Pheros, can you let us know if it is a great

batch?

And maybe Dr. Smell can ring in on how he would rate this batch compared to other legendary batches of

Pheros he's produced?

I suppose i can return it if I don't like it, but would like to avoid the trouble for

both me and Bruce.

Thanks!

-CAt

DST would have to confirm this, but its my understanding that the

current batch is mixed from old stock. Either way, I don't think you'll have much trouble unloading it if you

don't like it.

DrSmellThis
09-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Let

the advance orders begin!!!

I have a special request, as I am low on funds and have to be very selective about

my purchases: As soon as anyone gets their order of this batch of Pheros, can you let us know if it is a great

batch?

And maybe Dr. Smell can ring in on how he would rate this batch compared to other legendary batches of

Pheros he's produced?

I suppose i can return it if I don't like it, but would like to avoid the trouble for

both me and Bruce.

Thanks!

-CAtThe batch was made from old stock of ultra concentrated Pheros.

I had not opened the jug of it in quite some time, as it was stored away for posterity.

In my opinion -- and

I'm relieved to be able to say this -- it smells as good now as it ever did, if not better. It's a tad mellower,

but the longevity on your skin is very good, for a natural perfume.

Others will have their own opinions. Perhaps

I should keep my mouth shut.

But there were things I did in the bottling process to account for how the perfume

had aged, to maximise the quality for this particular bottling. Those steps appear to have accomplished what they

were intended to. The final resuls were pretty much what I hoped and expected them to be.

That doesn't mean

any one particular person will like it. No perfume works for every one. If you are wed to the modern, citrusy,

"young", hip, summery scents, for example, this product probably isn't for you.

I personally prefer earthier,

woodier, spicier, and muskier scents, like Pheros. For our purposes here, I think it's more blatantly sexual

and romantic smelling than department store fragrances.

DrSmellThis
09-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Doc,

having said all that, would you discourage using other -mone products layered with Pheros? I suppose that as with

any other product experimentation yields results, but since Pheros is a one-time opportunity, we don't want to

waste it.

How do YOU use Pheros?

Pheros is intended to be used with other pheromones, and

works great as a cover scent, like Bel says. It is meant to enhance the performance of your pheromones, by rounding

out, humanizing, and filling up your signature. You get the added benefits of natural musks, analog pheromones, and

trace amounts of many of the known laboratory pheromones.

As a cover scent, the longevity is good, so you don't

get as much bleed through after a couple hours as with other cover scents. Plus, the scent of Pheros goes

with, and dare I say enhances, the smell of pheromones.

I use it like a staple, as cologne, aftershave, and even

deodorant (Most perfumes you can't do this with, but Pheros is designed to blend with your body chemistry.).

It's a great enhancement to practices where people try to maximize their natural bodily pheromones, because it

goes so well with the body's natural smells compared to other colognes. You can use it like you would use

sandalwood.

That means you can use it as a base for other colognes as well, in small quantities.

A few dabs

works great to cover up other Pheromone products that might have a cheezy cologne, or stink because of the

pheromones themselves.

I go through the stuff pretty fast, because I slather it on. I also put it around and on

my face to enhance my mood. It's good for your skin, since it's natural and light on the alcohol. This stuff, I

think, is the best mood enhancer for yourself, out of all the pheromone products available on this or "the

other site" (TAA/Shine, etc) That is just my opinion. But you are getting a ton of aromatherapy benefits, and they

are long lasting, broad-based and natural, not based on one specific chemical in a high dose.

But it is just as

good, and more economical to use four dabs on your regular cologne spots.

For the purposes of obtaining a

romantic/sexual partner, or enhancing romance/sex, I do think there is a point of diminishing returns with quantity.

So you probably want to start light and work up, like with any other product. I'd start with four dabs just to get

a sense for it.

Personlly, I like the effects on myself so much, I often don't care about how it effects

others. There is a small addictive quality to it or something -- picture Gollum in Lord of the Rings -- where I

can't stop putting it on. So I wear more than the optimal dose for romance. I recommend others consider restraint,

since this is the last batch.

Secret recipe revealed: If you want a change of pace, use it with a dab of

pure jasmine EO, which yields the new variety of Pheros I would have sold if I had enough product. If I was

going to sell it, I surely wouldn't be telling you all this. Adding jasmine to Pheros, in my opinion, seems

to enhance it's romantic/sexual/attractant qualities, because of the specific analog pheromones in jasmine.

DrSmellThis
09-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Note: I think it will be

Monday before Bruce has it available for shipping.

idesign
09-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Doc, thanks for all the very

thorough replies, also the tip on Jasmine, its a favorite and I have a small bottle of Sambac waiting for an

opportunity.

If I might trouble you with another question... what musks did you use? Did you use Ambergris?

oops, that was 2 questions.

Pheros will be the first natural scent I've tried, other than the simple mixes I

make myself, and I don't wear them in public yet. :) I'm dying to try Mandy Aftel's Blond Tabac and Cognac.

Have you smelled any of her scents?

Thanks again,
Greg

Superman
09-21-2007, 02:33 AM
It's

a tad mellower, but the longevity on your skin is very good, for a natural perfume.

Thanks Doc..
I think

I'll like it!
I like the way you describe it, earthy, spicy etc. I like something that isn't too overbearing too

so it sounds just about right!

jamesdeanmartin
09-21-2007, 06:58 AM
Pheros is a great scent

and definitely has some sort of effect on everyone. I just put an oder in for three bottles. There are a bunch of

threads on it already, but if you are on the fence give it a shot. If you don't like it, send it to me. The muskier

and manlier the better.

Lucky for me I'm single again and starting to dabble in pheromones just in time for

the return. I kept the original bottles around here somewhere.

DrSmellThis
09-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Did you

use Ambergris?Only the finest, professional perfumer grade, cruelty free ambergris.

You can smell it

clearly if you look for a rich amber musk note, even in the top note (though it's supposedly a bass note). It is

quite beautiful, other worldly, and compelling, as a note.

Very sexual indeed.

This is yet another reason

why the stuff wasn't cheap to make, by any stretch of the imagination. Only the finest, world class perfumes

contain that particular ingredient, if then.

DrSmellThis
09-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Nm.........

idesign
11-11-2007, 06:30 PM
A

few dabs works great to cover up other Pheromone products that might have a cheezy cologne, or stink because of the

pheromones themselves.

Secret recipe revealed: If you want a change of pace, use it with a dab of pure

jasmine EO, which yields the new variety of Pheros I would have sold if I had enough product. If I was going

to sell it, I surely wouldn't be telling you all this. Adding jasmine to Pheros, in my opinion, seems to

enhance it's romantic/sexual/attractant qualities, because of the specific analog pheromones in

jasmine.

Finally got around to trying this. WOW!

I mixed a small batch of Pheros concentrate/Jasmine

Sambac Absolute 20:1. What an intoxicating mix! Pheros fixes the Jasmine so well that it lasts forever, way past

the drydown. The lingering result is a great intoxicating floral sexy scent that you'd love to smell on any

woman.

I'm not averse to wearing certain "feminine" scents, since the line is so delicately drawn these days,

and would definitely wear Pheros with a little less Jasmine than I added, and a creative use of Rose or Verbena or

Geranium could steer it more masculine with a touch of smoke or leather.

Doc, you should make this, you'll be

famous.

DrSmellThis
11-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Finally

got around to trying this. WOW!

I mixed a small batch of Pheros concentrate/Jasmine Sambac Absolute 20:1. What

an intoxicating mix! Pheros fixes the Jasmine so well that it lasts forever, way past the drydown. The lingering

result is a great intoxicating floral sexy scent that you'd love to smell on any woman.

I'm not averse to

wearing certain "feminine" scents, since the line is so delicately drawn these days, and would definitely wear

Pheros with a little less Jasmine than I added, and a creative use of Rose or Verbena or Geranium could steer it

more masculine with a touch of smoke or leather.

Doc, you should make this, you'll be famous.I'm glad

you liked it.

THat really is a great mix. I got picked up by a cute young musician one night wearing that exact

thing. It's not necessarily feminine if you don't overdo the jasmine. As I said, you can just apply Pheros and

then throw a dab of jasmine over the top, without mixing anything.

I don't think it needs rose, or would

benefit from it. But I would absolutely not add geranium to it. Making scents blend harmoniously is not as easy as

people think.

The jasmine has a special quality with Pheros, however. Sambac is a good variety to

use, perhaps even the best; and is the one I personally prefer for it.

It makes me sad that I don't have more

Pheros. But darn, that stuff was expensive to make. It's one of those things where you don't realize how

much money you're spending except in hindsight; since the expenditures took place over a year or more.

idesign
11-11-2007, 09:34 PM
I'll accept your guidance, I

just got excited with the possibilities. Thinking about it Pheros is so good I'd better just leave it alone. I

gave the mix to my g/f, and she loves it, and I like it on her. You're right about the Jasmine, its magic with

Pheros. I'll try it with just a layered dab.

I understand about the costs, its phenomenal when you actually

look at it. I don't doubt that a natural scent costs much more to make than the commercial products. My sample

of 10% Sambac Abs. cost $24/oz. from Eden. No wonder the Big Boys use chemo-scents, among other reasons.

idesign
11-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Maybe its just me but Pheros

seems to be mellowing a little and I like the results. It seems less sharp, and smoother on the drydown. The spice

is softening and/or the musk is more tenacious. It makes me excited about how the concentrate will be in a

year.

Its killing me to figure out that fleeting note at the beginning. Its a soft note, sweet and flower-stem,

which leads me to believe that its not a typical top note, or one to give weight to the top. Then again it could be

anything given the complexity of the fragrance.

Don't tell Doc, but a hint? :)