PDA

View Full Version : Research?

jvkohl
06-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Here's a write up that

mentions love-scent.com and also takes one passage from my book to provide a representation of pheromones that she

may think is

reasonable.

http://denver.yourhub.com/Lakewood/Stories/Promotions/Douglas-County-Creativity-Contest/Stor

y~322717.aspx

James V. Kohl

gaf
06-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Just don't tell here about this

site.... mind you she would probably think we are nuts and socialphobes anyway.
Let me see, she admits the

instructions said to try for 3 weeks but chose to ignore them, then complains they don't work.??? why did she

bother even writing the article ??? arhhhh , ignorance is bliss!

belgareth
06-17-2007, 07:15 PM
She should have learned

something about them first. All she did was demonstrate her ignorance. But then, it may be a good thing there are

people like her. Who wants the whole world to understand pheromones?

gaf
06-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Bel, I have to admit that sometimes

I'm thankfull people write articles like this for the very reasons you outlined.... As you may know I work in the

media and even then am very surprised that some "reporters" don't bother to research their stories very well.

Actually , the more disturbing thing is that others believe their findings blindly. Maybe it's not such a bad thing

in this case!

belgareth
06-18-2007, 03:17 AM
I understand and agree. It

amazes me how gullible the general public is and how irresponsible the media can be. But no, I probably should have

remembered you were in the media and didn't.

I've argued the point about believing the media any number of

times. Taking a reporters' word for something is simply dumb most of the time. They are just as biased and often

far more biased than the average person. Politics and environmental issues are the two where they are the most

believed and the least reliable.

PS: This really isn't a research discussion so I moved it.

koolking1
06-18-2007, 07:54 AM
who is a stamp

dealer once had a gent come into his shop with a nice collection for sale. My friend immediately recognized the

collection, it belonged to one of his better customers who had asked Ken, my friend, to be on the lookout for as it

had been stolen from his home. Ken told this guy that he was going to his back office to write him a check and he

then called the police. The police responded quickly and also a reporter from the local paper came as well. The

headline in the paper the next day read something like this:

"Local Merchant Attempts to Buy Stolen Items".

The story that followed never really explained what had happened.

Naturally, Ken was livid but all his

calls/letters to the newspaper never cleared his name.

You really do have to take everything you read in

the media with a grain of salt.

It's nice that not many believe in the mones from my perspective but I have

to wonder how Bruce feels about it, he could be getting fabuously rich if the general public found an interest in

them.