PDA

View Full Version : Skeptical Newbie

**DONOTDELETE**
02-05-2002, 04:27 PM
I recently found out about the whole pheromone thing. Actually, I\'d seen the ads on random pop up sights and SPAM here and there but never really paid attention. Then one day I read on a website I frequent that they really work. Because of that, I grew curious. At this point I am mostly curious to know if they actually work. I went and looked on e-bay and found what seems to be a good seller, selling at an extremely low price.

The product image looks like the Date-Mate product found on this www.love-scent.com (\"http://www.love-scent.com\") website, but it might just be an image. The selle has sold hundreds of products on ebay and their rating is full of compliments on the product, so I figure it couldn\'t hurt and $20 (shipping included) can\'t hurt to test it out.

Now...

How well does the Date-Mate product work (if that\'s the true product) and what should I graduate to next if I am satisfied and want more? I would prefer something that\'s extremely simple to use, doesn\'t smell and just plain works.

I\'ve read through the forum and read all about combo\'s and mixtures and all this other mumbo jumbo that I really don\'t want to learn about. I just want something that I could spray on once or twice and just work.

Any suggestions and/or advice? images/icons/crazy.gif

[ February 07, 2002: Message edited by: Arami76 ]

**DONOTDELETE**
02-05-2002, 04:34 PM
First and foremost,,,pheromones work, you don\'t have to take my word for it, just look at the success stories posted throughout the forum. I\'ve personally experimented with 6 different pheromone products, but if you\'re just looking to spray something on quick and get to work go with \"The Edge\" or \"Scent Of Eros\" which is a quick wipe.

Happy Hunting

**DONOTDELETE**
02-05-2002, 05:52 PM
Arami the stuff off ebay is either datemate 2000 (next to no mones) the stuff here is 100 times and up stronger, also you could get NPA for 24 bucks and you could try the edge or SOE which will get you results, i would avoid buying anything off ebay firstly the comments compliments etc are shammy here you get a MONEYBACK gareentee on most products except the really expensive stuff but the stuff here works and the shipping time is good. Anyhows give the stuff here a go and if you want to get the equivelent here its callled APC which compared with everything else here well its shit more a perfume instead of a serious pheromone product.

Bruce
02-05-2002, 08:45 PM
There are several other threads about Datemate on this forum. If it is the \"authentic\" Datemate, which I hear is actually a copy of the original product \"Contact 18\" then it is not really a \"bad\" product, just watered down a lot. You can see for yourself, but you will need to spray on quite a bit to get results that you could have gotten with 1-2 sprays of Edge. That DM bottle will be down to nothing in a couple of weeks and a bottle of Edge will last for a couple of months. But if it is on the way, and it is your \"first time\", you have something to look forward to. The only problem is you paid $20. for a product that should retail for about $9.95.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
02-06-2002, 11:45 PM
I recieved the product I found on ebay today. The label says Date-Mate 2001. I don\'t know what this stuff should smell like, but on the inital spray, it smells sort of like alcohol. Then, once it dries, there is a weird musty odor.

Chances are, I probably would have ordered The Edge from you guys here. But I didn\'t find this place until AFTER I placed my bid at ebay. images/icons/frown.gif

oscar
02-07-2002, 02:42 PM
Arami,

Interestingly, my first spray of unscented Edge smelled exactly the way you describe the Datemate, alcohol fading to a musty odor. I compared it to mildewed leather.

So the good news is, judging by your description of the scent, that the stuff you got probably isn\'t bogus.
The bad news is that you would have gotten a much better phero bang for your buck with The Edge.
Don\'t feel bad, a lot of guys who have dealt with questionable sources have spent more, and gotten less!

Using the Datemate can help you determine what your individual phero needs are. Just look at it as riding on \"training wheels\". images/icons/wink.gif

Good Luck!
Oscar images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-08-2002, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the tips Bruce and Wilde! I\'ll be sure to post back with any results if any. I\'m headed out to Las Vegas tonight and will test it out there! images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-09-2002, 12:01 PM
In my eperience with pheromones you can still get good hits with watered down products. When i used the watered down products i actually get more compliments on how good i smell. Which is odd because in my opinion the watered down products smell like cheap colonge. I used to party a lot at fraternity partys.(which is good because the inhibitions are lowered thanks to good old alcohol and works wonders with pheromones) Several girls asked me for my number. lol it could be my smartass attitude toward them. lol Then again pheromones changed my luck with girls completely. Anyways give the datemate a chance and have a positive attitude, you could be surprised what just a little dose does. images/icons/wink.gif