PDA

View Full Version : What do the scented products actually smell like?

kittenvixen
05-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Hello all,
This is my first post to this forum because I'm confused and would love some help

from you experienced love-scenters. I just got the email about the newest combo specials and am interested in them

but have reservations about scented products (in this case, the scented SOE for women in the SOE, NPA combo). My

only order so far was the unscented PI(w) and a bottle of "lavender with androstenol" came along with it. I haven't

been able to find this lavender thing on the site, but unfortunately it smells too artificial to me, which makes me

wonder about the other scented products.
So far I've come across posts mentioning that somebody "loves the smell"

of such and such, but there's usually no details of why or what it reminds them of, or if it reminds them of

something like a candy they used to eat, there's usu. no mention of if it's vanilla-ish or orange-chocolatey or if

it reminds them of toffee and bubblegum...you get the idea. And seeing as how these products can add up (!) I'd

like to get a better idea of which ones I would probably like before I spend my money on them.

That given, how

would any of you out there who have some of the scented goodies describe them in terms of commercial or chemical

scent vs. natural/essential oil smell, or "light (insert specific floral reference here)" or "spicy flowery" or

"spicy cookies" or "sweet like a vanilla dessert" or "fresh like cucumbers and mango" etc...

What I personally am

looking for: I tend to not like most commercial perfumes (like Tommy or Obsession, Clinique, Calvin Klein,

etc.) because they smell artificial to me and make my head hurt, so I tend to love essential oils or more

earthy perfumes instead. I go for oranges, vanillas, ylang ylang, rosewood, amber resin, benzoin, and other spicy

scents. I also like some fresh stuff like jasmine, lavender and lilacs, but only if they smell natural. I'd say the

Body Shop vanilla, peach, cucumber, or pear scents are about as "artificial" as I can go for and still enjoy...

I

know it's hard to describe olfactory senses with words, but I'd love to hear anybody's input!! Thanks guys!

belgareth
05-17-2007, 02:51 AM
You probably aren't going to

like the scented products all that well, based on your preferences. There really aren't any pheromone products or

commercial scents out there that I like the smell of myself. So I always wear unscented covered with scents I do

like.

kittenvixen
05-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Aha. That's what I was

beginning to think too. Thanks for the advice! You just saved me a lot of money :)