PDA

View Full Version : Making TE out of NPA

bubblebob
04-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey

folks,

I was thinking that maybe NPA is a little too strong for me - so I want to try to dilute some of my

NPA (I have about 15 ml left). I've read somewhere that NPA is mainly a product that someone should add to his

cologne, but I wouldn't want to do that to let me choose my scent while wearing -mones.

If I'm not mistaken

NPA is alcohol based. Could I just add some water? Or would alcohol be better? What I want to do is dilute some NPA

so that it is as concentrated as TE. Judging by the values given in the Product Table of the Ph. Reference Library,

NPA is exactly 4 times as concentrated as TE, so doing a mix of 1:4 (NPA:water/alcohol) would give me an unscented

TE, right?

Suggestions welcome!

bb

oscar
04-09-2007, 01:40 PM
.......Judging by the values given in the Product Table of the Ph. Reference Library, NPA is exactly 4 times as

concentrated as TE, so doing a mix of 1:4 (NPA:water/alcohol) would give me an unscented TE,

right?

Suggestions

welcome!

bb

bubblebob,

The

Product Table (http://pherolibrary.com/reference/product-table.html) is incorrect as regards TE's bottle content and concentration.

Several years back the

label of TE erroneously listed its content as "20 mL" when it in fact contained 24 mL.
The calculations that went

into the product table were based on that mis-labeling.

A corrected version would list its concentration as

0.01% or 0.1 mg/mL.

So a conversion factor for NPA to TE dilution would be closer to 5.
(4.8 to be

precise.)

Oscar :)

bubblebob
04-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the correction,

oscar - I had the feeling that I had read something other than 1:4 on the board before...

The question

remaining is: Is it okay to use water to dilute the NPA or should I better get some ethanol?

bb

DrSmellThis
04-09-2007, 04:23 PM
You want to use 100 proof

clear liquor to mix it, which is the base it's already in.

Gegogi
04-09-2007, 04:51 PM
I mix Burberry Weekend with NPA

5:1 in a small atomizer. 3 or 4 zaps and I'm a babe magnet. My all time fav mix.

NPA is really to strong for

dabbing. It's best used as designed: mixing with colognes.

DrSmellThis
04-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I've thought to do the

same thing. I only got NPA because it was on special. Edge is way more convenient.

I've learned my lesson,

that one dab of NPA means exactly that, even though it hardly seems anything gets on your finger. I still to this

day doubt myself whenever I use it. :)

I've never tried the cologne mixing thing -- seems like I lose control a

bit that way.