PDA

View Full Version : NPA evaporation rate

bubblebob
03-19-2007, 02:58 AM
Hey

folks,

I had ordered some NPA some time ago and only used it maybe 5 times. However, I just found that bottle

in my bathroom closet and found it to be almost empty! Could it be that this stuff evaporates out of the closed

bottle? Maybe the cap doesn't really close this stuff air-tight??? Anyone experienced something similar?

oscar
03-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Hey

folks,

I had ordered some NPA some time ago and only used it maybe 5 times. However, I just found that bottle

in my bathroom closet and found it to be almost empty! Could it be that this stuff evaporates out of the closed

bottle? Maybe the cap doesn't really close this stuff air-tight??? Anyone experienced something

similar?

bubblebob,

I'm going to guess that either somebody messed with your NPA, or that the

cap wasn't screwed on tightly, or that the reducer cap (dropper thingy) had been dislodged or discarded, because

those are some of the most reliable bottles that I've ever come across in my years of phero use.

The last

time that I actually bought any NPA (http://love-scent.com/product_info.php?ref=66&products_id=21) was in

early 2004. I remember it was right when NPA switched from cobalt blue to the current amber colored bottle.
Bruce

was running his "Whacky Wednesday" specials, and I ended up with 5 or 6 bottles of the stuff.
I just checked and

I'm down to 1 1/2 bottles at this point, and both the unopened bottle and the partially used one seem to have

exactly the amount in them that I was expecting to see.

Additionally, I've recycled quite a few of those

bottles, carrying mixtures in pockets and knapsacks over the years, and I've never once seen any signs of leakage

or evaporation from them.

I would be willing to bet that the bottle itself wasn't at fault.

Oscar

:)

bubblebob
03-19-2007, 11:01 AM
I indeed removed the

dropper-thingy, because I measure my dabs without it... And it kind of goes on my nerves to remove and install that

thingy everytime I use NPA. Maybe I should just use another bottle or change to using drops instead of

dabs...

bb

STEEL-RESERVE
03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
I just bought NPA.. What

"dabber" thing are u referring to?? when i open it.. I see a little hole, and an arrow.. the cap has a pointy thing

in the middle.. is that used to calculate "dab" cuz i cant seem to get any from it.. i just kinda put my finger on

top of the bottle and tilt it to get some on my finger... any advice??

smooth312
03-21-2007, 10:36 AM
yeah bro, oscar is right, my

npa doesn't evaporate by itself either

i still have mine sitting in my cabinet...haven't used it much since i

discovered PI

Gegogi
03-21-2007, 02:53 PM
My NPA seems to last forever. No

evaporation I can see. However if the alcohol did evaporate, the androstenone would merely be more concentrated.

Maybe your little brother or roomies been dippin' into yo stock...

Idtapthat
03-22-2007, 02:20 PM
hmm interesting thread. How

about the evaporation/duration rate on human skin? How far can 1 drop go in your past experiences?:think:

btw.

I dabed once directly onto my wrist, and then one split on each side of my neck today. I feel like I may be

overdoing it. I wish I could smell the damn stuff. lol..

Gegogi
03-22-2007, 04:09 PM
The alcohol carrier evaporates

within 30 seconds or so. The smell of none can last for days. I can still smell it after soaping the area and

showering. When applied to clothing it lasts for weeks.