PDA

View Full Version : Can't figure out proper dosage

**DONOTDELETE**
02-01-2002, 09:41 PM
I\'m pretty much slow at math since my school days and i still am right now. so i need help with the proper dosage of pheros as far as mL and droplets are concerned.
I bought a syringe which can hold 10ml of liquid. If I mix (for example) a JB#1, 70/30, its easy if I put 7ml of APC and 3ml of NPA. But 10ml is too much just for testing. if I want to make a 1ml mix, that should be .7ml APC and .3ml NPA, am i correct? now on this 1ml mix, does it contain enough pheros to be in the proper range to achieve results?

example #2, if I mix 5 parts of regular cologne and 1 part of NPA, how do i do it if I want to make only 1mL of mixture? and would it containg enough pheros to achive results considering that 1ml of mixture is divided into 5 parts cologne and only 1 part NPA?

I\'ll can attempt to explain the question more clearly in case my wordings are too puzzling. Thanks!

**DONOTDELETE**
02-01-2002, 10:27 PM
Red,

0.7mL APC + 0.3mL NPA will give 1mL of JB#1. The rule of thumb I\'ve always been told is 20 drops to 1mL. Therefore, 1mL of JB#1 would have 20 drops X 30%NPA(multiply by 0.3 remember) = 6 drops NPA. Therefore your 1mL JB#1 is 14 drops APC to 6 drops NPA. I\'ve picked up from other posts that NPA is pretty strong, on the same order as PI. So, given that your 1mL mix has roughly 6 drops NPA you can go from there...if you use half of it all at once, that would be about 3 drops NPA. If you use a third of it, that would be 2 drops NPA.

To make 1mL of a 5:1 cologne:NPA you would want 1/6 of it, the final mix, to be NPA. Therefore, 20 drops(1mL) X (1/6) = 3.33 drops NPA. So, 3 drops NPA and 17 drops cologne should do it. In fact, 15 drops cologne to 3 drops NPA gives an exact 5:1 ratio, but slightly less than 1 mL total. If you prefer to measure in mL instead of drops, you want 1/6 X 1mL of it to be NPA which would be 0.167mL of NPA and the remaining 0.833mL to be cologne.

Hope it helps. I haven\'t had any luck yet with the JB#1 mix. And like the SoE, to me the smell of the APC is a bit feminine. I may abandon JB#1 and try his #2,#3. One of these mixes NPA and essential musk. I think I might find that one more to my taste. Of course I\'m just looking for results so in the long run I might come back to JB1 and give it another try.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-02-2002, 05:17 AM
damn man! i hope ur a math teacher because the children in the world need people like you! images/icons/laugh.gif I always find it hard to figure out fractions and decimals but you made it easier for me to understand. JB 1 worked 4 me but not constantly and i attribute this to lack of precise measurement.

based on the the measurement given for cologne/npa, it says that 0.167mL of NPA combined with 0.833mL cologne makes 1mL of the mix. Question is, is 0.167mL of NPA enough to get results considering that i cannot consume the whole 1mL in one application because the cologne will sure kill the target.

to all,
what is your recommended range of phero content for a single application?

images/icons/laugh.gif

[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: Redcapp ]

**DONOTDELETE**
02-02-2002, 02:13 PM
0.167 ml of NPA is too much for a single application. Look at a recent post called \"Dosage Review\". It reflects back on a classic survey done by Scientist.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-02-2002, 05:07 PM
Red,

Truth is right. If you use the entire 1mL of JB1 that will be too much of everything and you will smell like a perfumery. In that 1mL is about 6 drops of NPA. From other posts, I would recommend using about 1/3 of the 1mL mixture. This would give you 2 drops of NPA. If you want a quick and dirty mL measurement, 2 NPA drops is 1/10 of a mL(2dropsNPA/20dropspermL = 1/10 = 0.1mL) So I would say that for a one shot dose, you should use about 0.1mL of NPA and add it to whatever else you are using. This would be 2 drops NPA. Thanks for the feedback. I have a Master\'s in math plus lots of teaching experience(although right now I\'m going down a diff path career-wise). Glad to hear JB is working for you. I have had zero results good or bad with it. Hope it helps.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-02-2002, 06:58 PM
i knew it stanbo! the way u explained it, u sound so experienced teaching numbers! 1 more question, based on scientist\'s analysis, 0.02mg of pheros is the range where u get results. how many dabs of npa/cologne mix should i do to obtain that 0.02mg of npa?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-02-2002, 09:28 PM
Red,

NPA is supposed to be almost as strong as PI. If I remember from previous posts it\'s about 4.8mg per 5mL bottle. I think this is close enough to call it 5mg per 5mL bottle(makes the math simple). Therefore, each 1 mL of NPA should contain about 1 mg of -none and other mones. If you want 0.02 mg that would equal 0.02 mL of NPA or roughly 0.4 drops (0.02mL X 20drops/mL = 0.4 drops). If you use a syringe you can directly extract 0.02mL. This would be 2 units on a diabetic needle(not very much). If you prefer to just use drops and an eyedropper I would suggest making a batch of 5 \"doses\". This is because 5 X 0.4drops = 2 drops NPA. Mix this with 10 drops of cologne and you\'ll have a 5:1 cologne/NPA mix that has 5 \"doses\" worth for you. So just use 1/5(20%) of it at any given instant. If 0.02mg is the ideal phero dose, then I think I know what my problem is. I\'m using way too much. Thanks for the info.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-02-2002, 09:40 PM
Oops, need to ammend that Red

Didn\'t realize PI comes in a 10mL bottle. So that would be 1/2 mg per 1 mL. No biggie, just means that you need 0.8 drops of NPA to equal 0.02mg. still can make a batch of five doses by having 4 drops of NPA and 20 drops of cologne. You need 0.04mL of NPA to get 0.02mg of mones. Sorry for any confusion.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-03-2002, 03:46 PM
that\'s exactly why i need help about dosage, its because the hits are not consistent and i believe it was because of improper dosage.
you said u\'ve been using too much pheros? let me know if you get hits using .02mg and also what you used.

btw, when you say drops, how do you make 1 drop?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-03-2002, 03:59 PM
Red,

I\'ll let you know my results at the end of the week. After your previous post I decided to mix up a couple different batches at roughly 0.02mg. This is very much a simplification, but a drop is best measured from an eyedropper. Go to WalMart or a drug store and buy an eyedropper($1.29 for a two pack I found yesterday). There are all sorts of \"geeky\" things to take into account with a drop...viscosity, density, surface tension. But by and large a drop is a drop. So as long as you can turn it upside down and let out a drop(like an eyedropper) you\'ll be close enough for any practical purposes.