PDA

View Full Version : an easy way to mix JB

**DONOTDELETE**
01-31-2002, 06:55 PM
For those who are looking for an easy way to mix:

I couldn\'t find any eyedroppers, so I bought a couple diabetic needles instead. These are available virtually everywhere. Carefully twist off the needle with pliars, leaving the syringe portion needleless. These needles are two pieces from the factory, so doing this is easy. The needle and a small collar of platic in which it is molded will come off. It is marked out in UNITS which makes mixing simple. There are 100 units in a milliliter. So, for my JB#1 I just drew out 30 units of NPA and squirted it into the empty bottle that Bruce sent with my order. Then I drew out 70 units of APC and squirted into the mix bottle. I now have exactly 1 mL of JB1(equal to 20 drops) Now, I\'m off to somewhere, ANYWHERE, to see what this JB#1 stuff does.

NOTE: the NPA has a plastic dropper insert that you will have to carefully remove to insert the syringe into the bottle. Remember to put this back to make a good seal on the NPA bottle.

PHP 87
01-31-2002, 08:18 PM
What country are you in?

I was under the impression that here in the USA, one cannot buy hypodermic needles without a prescription.

[ January 31, 2002: Message edited by: PHP 87 ]

**DONOTDELETE**
01-31-2002, 09:42 PM
BO,

hey dude, tell me where u bought it! that\'s exactly what im looking for. all i can find in our local drugstores are oral medication syringe but i was hoping i can get the ones with the needles.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-31-2002, 10:23 PM
any wal-mart, big k, sam\'s club, walgreens, etc will sell them. Any place that sells insulin and diabetic test strips will carry them. The needle part of the diabetic needles are not long enough to be used easily for intraveneous injections. They are designed to pierce the skin maybe an inch max depth. I think this is why they do not need a prescription. I\'ve bought them more than once for various projects and have never been asked for a prescription. They are on the shelves and not behind the counter. At least out here on the west coast usa where I live.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-31-2002, 10:40 PM
By the way,

The reason I took the needle off of the syringe is because they are very small diameter needles. So small that the APC is too viscous to get sucked up into the syringe. But with the needle removed it works really well. If you are looking for a larger size needle, then you will have to try and find one of those \"prescription\" type hypos. Hell worst case scenario go to the local health district office where you live and ask for a needle. Most have a no question policy and will give them out. (to help prevent aids transmission amongst iv drug users) Seems kind of stupid that a normal citizen non smack addict can\'t just buy a hypo. If it doesn\'t have to be a sharp needle, you can buy syringes that have long tapered plastic ends that will fit into small openings. But these type tend to be very large volume syringes for flushing ears and stuff like that. The diabetic ones are just about the perfect size for JB mixes.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-31-2002, 11:31 PM
They are not hypodermic. They are subquetaneous needles. They are VERY sharp, and smaller than the smallest pencil lead (graphite.) I am not positive, but I would guess that APC would clog the needle. They come in various sizes (100, 50 and 30 unit sizes...) I believe that BD is one of the brands that most insurances (therefore drugstores) carry. As far as getting the things, generally I thought that you needed a perscription, but I guess not. The tip comes off pretty easily, but if it is a tight fit, a pair of pliars will do the job. Don\'t squeeze hard though, they are plastic. Oh yeah, they generally come in bags of ten. Funny how I know all of this... images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
02-01-2002, 09:01 AM
Here is what i do, since NPA comes is a bottle that i really don\'t like, i get some empty medicine bottles, (the kind that you have to use a needle to remove it) i don\'t want the NPA evaporating.

I got the 3ml syriges and needles from a feed store, they are used for giving shots to animals. APC will not get cloged in the needle, but the APC has to be between 80-85 deg. if it gets colder than that it is thick as honey.

If any of you are going to try these technigues be sure to do some practicing on extracting water from the bottles instead of NPA first, it takes a little time to learn how to remove it and insert it back into the bottle without wasting even the slightest amount.

I also have 3 syringes and needles, one for the APC, one for the NPA, and one for the final mixture, i have a 7ml bottle that i use to mix the final mixture, and that is what the other syringe is for, after i extract the NPA and APC in there own container and make sure that the ratios are right. then i shoot the 2 products in the the 7ml bottle i use the other syringe for mixing it up and then inject it into my atomizer.