PDA

View Full Version : Durability of pheromones

stuttgart-man
02-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Recently I have found the Chikara-bottle which I have lost and bought two years ago! This two years this bottles

was in wardrobe - in it it was dark and room-temperature! Can I expect that this pheros still work?

How long you

can keep pheromones without losing quality?

Is there a difference between different products (for example

alcohol- and oil-carrier)?

Thanks!

WorkingMann
02-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Recently I have found the Chikara-bottle which I have lost and bought two years ago! This two

years this bottles was in wardrobe - in it it was dark and room-temperature! Can I expect that this pheros still

work?

How long you can keep pheromones without losing quality?

Is there a difference between different

products (for example alcohol- and oil-carrier)?

Thanks!
The oil carrier is longer time to evaporate

but in regards of the mones in the carrier it will last as long either way..
But my SOE has evaporated some in my

room but only small amounts but I can see if I don't use it it will evaporate by itself.. I think it's because I

have my room a little over room temperature and then the alcohol carrier easier evaporates than the oilcarrier..

Gegogi
02-25-2007, 11:42 AM
I've used several products

across several years and they worked fine. I suspect the alcohol keeps them well preserved. My 3 year old EW is just

as funky as ever. Spill a little on your shirt and it eats a hole right through it...

stuttgart-man
02-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I've used

several products across several years and they worked fine. I suspect the alcohol keeps them well preserved. My 3

year old EW is just as funky as ever. Spill a little on your shirt and it eats a hole right through it...

but is it not just the alcohol which destroys pheromones during larger distances? There was everywhere a debate

about this topic - I believe even here in the pherolibrary!

I have deliberated to buy a bottle of PI! But my

optmal applied None-amount is about 4mcg! And as I use other products too, I would use PI no more than two times a

week! So I would need 8mcg a week and thus about 400mcg in one year. And this means that a bottle of PI keeps

approx. 12 years! Do pheromones are able to keeps for such a long time?

belgareth
02-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Alcohol doesn't destroy

pheromones. Otherwise products like TE wouldn't be possible. That's a piece of misinformation spread about by

competition.

terry0400-40
02-25-2007, 05:39 PM
but is

it not just the alcohol which destroys pheromones during larger distances? There was everywhere a debate about this

topic - I believe even here in the pherolibrary!

I have deliberated to buy a bottle of PI! But my optmal applied

None-amount is about 4mcg! And as I use other products too, I would use PI no more than two times a week! So I would

need 8mcg a week and thus about 400mcg in one year. And this means that a bottle of PI keeps approx. 12 years! Do

pheromones are able to keeps for such a long time?Why dont you send an email to

bboyd@love-scent.com before you purchase your PI as i think it would be worth

your while to get his personal opinion at the moment regarding Androstenone products.:wave:

belgareth
02-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Or you could simply do a search

on the forum as that is another topic discussed at length. The concept that alcohol destroys pheromones was debunked

a long time ago.

There's no real reason that pheromones won't last 12 years if kept closed and in a dark

place. The two worst enemies of pheromones are UV light and bacteria. The alcohol blocks the bacterial action.

stuttgart-man
02-26-2007, 10:28 AM
sorry.....

but I have

a last question about this topic: which influence plays the temperature regarding the stability of pheromones? Is it

advisable to keep pheromones in the fridge when using this product rarely and thus for a long time?

Thanks!

belgareth
02-26-2007, 10:37 AM
No, normal temperatures

shouldn't have any effect on pheromones. Keeping them in the refrigerator will not make any difference in how long

they last. A cool dark place like a medicine cabinet should be fine. I keep mine in a desk drawer.

terry0400-40
02-26-2007, 10:12 PM
sorry.....

but I have a last question about this topic: which influence plays the

temperature regarding the stability of pheromones? Is it advisable to keep pheromones in the fridge when using this

product rarely and thus for a long time?

Thanks!I think that temperatures higher

than what you would find in the luggage compartment of a car on a hot day are used in the manufacture of most

pheromones as they are converted from solids and integrated into the finished products, and as Belgareth says the

only things that could effect their storage is being exposed to sunlight and air, so as long as you reseal them

after use and keep out of the sunlight they should store for many years..