PDA

View Full Version : 4:1 NPA:Cologne mix. how much to apply?

headshrinker
02-14-2007, 08:47 AM
ok i've mixed a 4:1 ratio of npa to cologne in an atomizer, how many spays is safe to apply? can i

still OD when its mixed?

thanx

oscar
02-14-2007, 12:31 PM
ok i've mixed a

4:1 ratio of npa to cologne in an atomizer, how many spays is safe to apply? can i still OD when its mixed?

thanx

headshrinker,

It depends on the size of the sprays that your atomizer delivers.

Since most atomizers tend to average between 2 and 4 drops per spray, you might be OK using one spray if it puts out

a lot. If the sprays are on the smaller side you might need two.

You sure can OD when using a cologne/phero

mix. In fact you can OD on cologne, on the pheros, or BOTH.

There are three variables to consider when

putting together an atomizer mix:
the atomizer's output
your ideal phero dose
your ideal cologne

dose

For example, I've used an Issey Miyake/NPA mix in an atomizer from time to time. The one I have puts

out just about 3 drops per spray. Since I want a ONE DROP dose of NPA, and since 5 drops of the Issey is a pretty

good fragrance dose for me, I mix it 5 parts Issey to 1 part NPA and use two sprays. Two sprays at 3 drops per spray

delivers a total of six drops, five of which are cologne, one of which is NPA. Perfect!
If it was a stronger

cologne, and I didn't want to use 5 drops of it to get 1 drop of NPA per application then I would need to mix at a

different ratio, like your 4:1 or even 3:1 if the cologne was especially pungent. Of course then I'd probably want

to find an atomizer whose output would be able to do the job without having to try using "fractional sprays".

You may or may not have lucked out on your mix depending on the spray size. For me, I'd want that atomizer to

kick out just about 2.5 drops per spray so that I'd have the one drop dose of NPA when using 2 sprays. Gotta hope

that application delivers neither too much, nor too little cologne.

Two things you DON'T want to happen

are:
(1) that you have to use too much cologne to get a decent phero dose, or
(2) that your cologne is

insufficient in quantity or potency to effectively cover the phero smell.

All the variables are determinable,

but require experimentation on the part of the individual.
This is best done by applying the cologne and the

pheros separately at first to find the best ratio.
When you're ready to mix, do it in small batches to minimize

waste in case a mix doesn't pan out.

Oscar :)

The GQ
02-14-2007, 02:28 PM
headshrinker,

It

depends on the size of the sprays that your atomizer delivers. Since most atomizers tend to average between 2 and 4

drops per spray, you might be OK using one spray if it puts out a lot. If the sprays are on the smaller side you

might need two.

You sure can OD when using a cologne/phero mix. In fact you can OD on cologne, on the pheros, or

BOTH.

There are three variables to consider when putting together an atomizer mix:
the atomizer's output
your

ideal phero dose
your ideal cologne dose

For example, I've used an Issey Miyake/NPA mix in an atomizer from

time to time. The one I have puts out just about 3 drops per spray. Since I want a ONE DROP dose of NPA, and since 5

drops of the Issey is a pretty good fragrance dose for me, I mix it 5 parts Issey to 1 part NPA and use two sprays.

Two sprays at 3 drops per spray delivers a total of six drops, five of which are cologne, one of which is NPA.

Perfect!
If it was a stronger cologne, and I didn't want to use 5 drops of it to get 1 drop of NPA per application

then I would need to mix at a different ratio, like your 4:1 or even 3:1 if the cologne was especially pungent. Of

course then I'd probably want to find an atomizer whose output would be able to do the job without having to try

using "fractional sprays".
You may or may not have lucked out on your mix depending on the spray size. For me,

I'd want that atomizer to kick out just about 2.5 drops per spray so that I'd have the one drop dose of NPA when

using 2 sprays. Gotta hope that application delivers neither too much, nor too little cologne.

Two things you

DON'T want to happen are:
(1) that you have to use too much cologne to get a decent phero dose, or
(2) that

your cologne is insufficient in quantity or potency to effectively cover the phero smell.

All the variables are

determinable, but require experimentation on the part of the individual.
This is best done by applying the

cologne and the pheros separately at first to find the best ratio.
When you're ready to mix, do it in small

batches to minimize waste in case a mix doesn't pan out.

Oscar :)

Great post Oscar! It helps a lot in

terms of mixing and adding the mix into an atomizer. Issey is good stuff..:D

Gegogi
02-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Issey Miyake "Summer" with NPA in

an atomizer is my fav mix. I find 4:1 the least amount of cologne and think 5: 1 smells better. The NPA needs plenty

of coverage and Issey fades fast. I'm an androstenone deficient Asian so I'm good for 4 or 5 blasts. I have a

similar mix with Burberry Weekend but the cologne is stronger and best used at 2 or 3 blasts.

headshrinker
02-15-2007, 09:53 AM
cool thx guys! funnily

enough issey miyake is what i'm using too. im going to a club which is full or smoke so i was gonna go for 2 sprays

on the neck, 1 on one of my wrists and then rub my wrists together. this should be ok shouldnt it?

headshrinker
02-16-2007, 02:45 PM
bump bump bump

Marlboro_man
02-16-2007, 04:38 PM
cool

thx guys! funnily enough issey miyake is what i'm using too. im going to a club which is full or smoke so i was

gonna go for 2 sprays on the neck, 1 on one of my wrists and then rub my wrists together. this should be ok shouldnt

it?
We can't tell you what will be OK for you. So try it and let us know the results.
:cheers: