PDA

View Full Version : No guarantees - but still valuable

Irish
02-13-2007, 09:56 AM
The

thing about pheros for me is to understand the limits of what they can do for you.

We higher primates

(including humans) are different than our lower animal cousins. Other animals have more rigid, hardwired sexual

behaviors. When they are in the correct readiness/hormonal state and the reproductive triggers are present, they

will indeed mate according to stereotypical behavior patters. Spray boarmate in a pigs face, and if she is in season

she will assume the position, even with no boar around. Oh, if it were only so easy for us…

The higher

primates are different however. Solid research shows how social context, and psychology for humans, moderate our

sexual behavior. We can mate in the absence of the “correct” hormonal/physiological state, or refrain from mating

when all those conditions are right. Of course, we are much more likely to mate when those conditions are conducive,

but those conditions are neither necessary nor sufficient for mating to occur. Our advanced forebrain has the final

say (that’s why putting the forebrain to sleep with booze produces more impulsive/primitive behavior – the usual

control of the higher brain is dulled by drunkenness).

Now human pheros are shown to trigger certain mood,

hormonal, and neurological states. That’s valuable! Hopefully those applied products will give you an edge you

didn’t have otherwise, get your target into a more conducive state and state of mind. But don’t count on that to

guarantee your desired result… humans (and all the higher primates) are just not wired for automatic sexual

responses like the lower animals. There’s a limit then on what we should expect from phero product use.

I

like phero products that have been shown consistently to have measurable and repeatable effects on the study groups.

I hope those effects put my target in a state more favorable to what I am after. But I recognize I still have work

to do, especially initially on her mind. I don’t look at phero products as a guarantee then, but as an aid. Like

having status, good looks, good grooming, tons of money, experience with women, intelligence, and all the other

things that add up being attractive. Everything you can add to your attractiveness bundle is only helpful. Add

pheros – I did, and I know they have helped.

luxveritas
02-13-2007, 10:17 AM
The only thing I can say for

sure about pheromones is that they cause a hormonal change in the people inhaling them. Every person has different

software so broad psychological statements are really hard to prove. Psychological statements require a ridiculous

ammount of social research to validate.

However having the ability to influence someones hormone response is a

pretty cool super power. Changing someones hormones definately has an effect on their psychological state.

tounge
02-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Of course unlike other higher

primates, humans are still head and shoulders above on the hormonal complexity.

After all, humans can alter

their hormonal makeup by using oral contraception, getting shitcanned from a job, being involved in a bad

relationship with a spouse, spending a week making funeral preperations, etc. etc. In short, we are way to complex

to put anything into a pheromone nutshell.

Icehawk
02-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Hold on, primates use oral

contraception (various herbs), get shit canned from positions in their groups, get involved in bad relationships,

not sure about the funeral part yet, but I seriusly doubt the continual human assumtion that were somehow

better/superior.

DrSmellThis
02-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Not "better" or "superior",

just more complex. Cognition, emotions, culture and stuff like that. For that matter, other animals are more complex

than we know.

Nice post, Irish! Way to get the noobs' heads screwed on straight!

Gegogi
02-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Hold on, primates use oral

contraception (various herbs), get shit canned from positions in their groups, get involved in bad relationships,

not sure about the funeral part yet, but I seriusly doubt the continual human assumtion that were somehow

better/superior.

It is well know that chimps and gorillas go through an extended grieving period when

a close family member dies, e.g., mother loses infant. Elephants seem to have a funernal of sorts...

Icehawk
02-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks, Gagogi, thats 4/4! Our

culture and language are more complicated maybe but the results are the same. Emotions are identical, there is a

social ranking order, 'revenge' 'infidelity' etc exist. The only difference that I could find being

specializations (for productivitys sake) and that unlike most apes in all human cultures all are allowed to

procreate.

Saying "pheromones should make everyone try to hump you and it dosent work that way" is not really

a counter statement. Its simply ignoring all our other senses. You have to be congruent with your 'smell' Its like

pretending to be a particular ethnicity and not even know the language. Its not going to work.
I bet spraying a

gorilla with mones would have very similar effects. Some wouldnt notice anything, others would have super sucess

cause thats just who they are.

Sexy people + sexy pheromones = sexy results.
Depressed people +

depressed pheromones = depressed results. there is congruency here.
Depressed people + sexy pheromones =

???
:think: Sorry for the rant. Hope someone understands this :)

tounge
02-13-2007, 11:30 PM
but I seriusly

doubt the continual human assumtion that were somehow better/superior.

Well no

debate is futher necessary. Good luck when you have a medical emergency. Maybe the nearest ape or chimp could do the

surgery on you.

Icehawk
02-14-2007, 07:04 AM
Well no debate is

futher necessary. Good luck when you have a medical emergency. Maybe the nearest ape or chimp could do the surgery

on you.

The only difference that I could find being specializations (for productivitys

sake)
This was mentioned earlier. Emergency surgery and rocket science also fall into class

specializations.

WorkingMann
02-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Actually yesterday i saw a

program that was funny in a way.. in previus time it has been know that male birds sleep around.. And scientist have

always said years it males so off course.. But actually..! Females do it as well as much!
If the female comes back

to denmark from the south and are late so all th good males are taken she has to settle with the less good.. And if

the neighbor's has good genes (something they can sense apparently) she will use every given opportunity to fool

around with the neighbor.. So even though the "father" sticks around it thinks he's the father he might not

be..
Are we so that different perhaps`? :twisted:

tounge
02-14-2007, 03:55 PM
This was mentioned

earlier. Emergency surgery and rocket science also fall into class specializations.

Hello. Is this Karl Marx, or am I on Candid Camera?

belgareth
02-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Ok, children. Lets be civil.