PDA

View Full Version : DrSmellThis and help about AE

WorkingMann
01-17-2007, 12:37 PM
I've for some time now been wanted to only have the smell of AE but without the mones..
As you said you're in

the "smell-business" you could perhaps help me?
Bruce said he would talk to them to hear if they perhaps wanted to

make the "scent only (without mines)" to sell as one of our coverscent but I haven't heard anything..
So I finally

found the makers of AE and sent them a mail but they never replied..

So I was wondering if you as a "smell pro"

perhaps could talk to them (they might listen to you as you're in the vusiness) and hear if they will sell the

"smell only" or might hear what they use to make their smell?

Or you perhaps could be interested in making

something like the smell of AE?
BEcause both me and slickracer is interested in this smell as we really love

it...
Could you perhaps help a little here?

belgareth
01-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Personally I'd like to see

another batch of Pheros come along, even if slightly different

bosshank
01-17-2007, 07:38 PM
I agree with Bel - Pheros is

one of my favorite "colognes" - either as a standalone or covering other phermones.

Marlboro_man
01-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Doc has recently posted in

the open discussion forum where I mentioned the love of the product too! I am looking forward to something similar

in the future.

WorkingMann
01-18-2007, 09:48 AM
I've avoided pheroes

because of the price and I would more like to use my money on with higher dosages of mones in, and then buy the

smell seperately..
Might consider it if I wasn't so expensive and didn't contain

mones..

Marlboro_man
Is he goin to make another product or what are you sayin here..?

belgareth
01-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Pheros doesn't contain mones.

A little goes a very long ways.

WorkingMann
01-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Pheros

doesn't contain mones. A little goes a very long ways.
Ohh.. But why is it also so expensive

then?
Thought it was the mones that made it so expensive even though I've hear people say there was only bery

little mones in..

belgareth
01-18-2007, 11:10 AM
DST used a lot of natural

ingredients in Pheros. He can give you more information about what he used. I do not know all the details but there

definately are not any pheromones in the product.

nbnbtc
01-18-2007, 02:55 PM
DST used a lot of

natural ingredients in Pheros. He can give you more information about what he used. I do not know all the details

but there definately are not any pheromones in the product.

I could have sworn that he put "trace

amounts" of a variety of pheromones into Pheros. Ah, I was right. Found

this:

http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116965&postcount=24

Pheros certainly has some things in it that are \"socially and psychologically active\", for lack of a

better word. What it has in it is a smattering of natural compounds, some pheromone analogues from perfuming, and

trace amounts of L-S pheromones just to humanize it. So the task is to find a way to use it with other products.

That will be different for different people.......there are more ways to think about pheromones than is typical here

at love scent. It has like 10 \"analogue pheromones\" synthesized by fragrance chemists for example, and here I am

referring to neither EOs nor animal ingredients. It also contains as much of the animal ingredients as I could get

away with (without ruining the smell -- they are quite strong), which are pure mammalian animal pheromones,

obviously. Then it contains small amounts of almost every L-S pheromone sold, including various secret ingredients

you all are familiar with. Pheros also has an erotic spirit to it, I think. So all that justifies the name.

Perfuming has it\'s own attractant and pheromone traditions that predate all the L-S -mones by years, decades, and

in some cases, millenia. They are not in competition with the L-S -mone approach at all, but just represent

different opportunities we have at our disposal.

WorkingMann
01-18-2007, 03:25 PM
I could have

sworn that he put "trace amounts" of a variety of pheromones into Pheros. Ah, I was right. Found

this:

http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/s

howpost.php?p=116965&postcount=24 (http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116965&postcount=24)

I thought so too.. I was right then and was exactly that I read..

Just that someone else cuoted him..
:whip: :twisted:

koolking1
01-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I didn't think there were

any pheromones in it, live and learn.

belgareth
01-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Ok, I'll concede the point.

Very small amounts, as he said, they are trace amounts and insignificant. In effect there are no pheromones

in it. I don't count the pheromone analogues in that statement.

WorkingMann
01-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Ok, I'll

concede the point. Very small amounts, as he said, they are trace amounts and insignificant. In effect there

are no pheromones in it. I don't count the pheromone analogues in that statement.

I know it's nothing

you can really use for anything major..
But I still thought that was the reason that it was so expensive..

belgareth
01-18-2007, 04:25 PM
I think it was the high quality

natural ingredients and the time involved. DST really put a lot of work into that product.

In my mind its like

the Aloeswood and Musk oils I use. They seem very expensive until you realize how long they last. A little goes a

very long way.

WorkingMann
01-18-2007, 04:42 PM
I think it

was the high quality natural ingredients and the time involved. DST really put a lot of work into that product.

In my mind its like the Aloeswood and Musk oils I use. They seem very expensive until you realize how long they

last. A little goes a very long way.

That's also why I love AE.. It also lasts a long time.. Hoping when

he was in the business the people from AE perhaps would listen to him, or he perhaps could mix somehting together

like that..

Marlboro_man
01-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Marlboro_man
Is he goin to make another product or what are you sayin

here..?

In the open discussion forum, Doc had made a post recently and as the converstation progressed

Bruce had said that they are considering making another one. I hope I stated that right, but look up the post by Dr

smell this.

WorkingMann
01-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Hope you're right.. Would

be interesting but don't know if I can buy it if it'll be as expensive as the last-- :sick:

Marlboro_man
01-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Hope

you're right.. Would be interesting but don't know if I can buy it if it'll be as expensive as the last--

:sick:

It's not any more expensive then other top quality colognes, and not too mention we spend all

this money on mones but wouldn't they work better if girls were begging to smell us???

WorkingMann
01-19-2007, 02:17 PM
It's

not any more expensive then other top quality colognes, and not too mention we spend all this money on mones but

wouldn't they work better if girls were begging to smell us???

Your right but I can get good colognes

cheaper than this.. Sorry but i already have the scents I wanna use and they work for me..

Marlboro_man
01-19-2007, 02:52 PM
I respect that you already

have stuff cheaper than this that you like. The think I like most about Pheros is that the chancthat anyone

smelling you has ever smelled it before is very slim relative to commerical products.

WorkingMann
01-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Thats a nice detail but Im

willing for this as the thing that people "have smelled it before" can give memories (good/bad) and if they're good

you'll might be recieved a little better because of the unconsiusness about the smell and the good memories regards

this smell..
:lovestruc

Marlboro_man
01-19-2007, 05:57 PM
LOL good luck to you on

that!

DrSmellThis
01-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Hi. I'm a fan of the old AE

that is not available any more, and I could not motivate myself to try to recreate the new one, which I didn't care

for (though I like the product). Any commercial perfuming company with the equipment could recreate it by "scanning"

it, since it is made from common perfume chemicals.

There indeed were pheromones in Pheros, but the

product's value was never about synthetic laboratory pheromones, such as are sold here.

I used small amounts

of lab pheromones just to humanize the pheromone signature the product was putting out fom the analog mones, if that

makes sense (I've explained it before), so I believed it to have a holistic effect.

I purposely avoided large

amounts of conventional pheromones so it could be combined with any conventional pheromones without adverse effects,

and fill a unique role. I had Bruce's full cooperation, and could have put in anything I wanted. It would have been

astronomically cheaper for me to do like everyone else, and put a few chemicals in a bottle.

I include "analog

pheromones" (used for years in the perfuming industry) as pheromones because of my experience with them. They are a

different kind of pheromone, without the research support, but there is no reason to ignore them when they could be

of unique benefit. I used them for years before I ever heard of Love Scent or androstenol.

The price I sold

Pheros to Bruce for was based entirely on a professional appraisal of the product I had done by someone

familiar with the ingredients, someone in the pheromone/perfuming business.

The price was based on the cost of

the ingredients I made it with. I ended up dropping it below that quite a bit because Bruce bought in quantity. I

didn't make much profit, and spent a year making it.

Bruce had to price it the way he did because of his

costs. You guys have no idea how expensive some of the ingredients were. But the oud I used was exactly a dollar a

drop, to give an example. That was my cost, and you could smell the oud in Pheros.

Commercial perfumes

are mostly cheap, synthetic chemicals, except the very high end products. You can't compare them to an all organic

product. Pheros was priced a little higher than either Bruce of I would have preferred, based just on

marketing considerations. But in no way was it overpriced. Here I'm speaking for myself, but I also believe Bruce

priced it fairly from his end, or I would have vetoed the whole thing.

There is no way I could make more

Pheros, because the rare ingredients in it are even more rare now, especially in good quality. Even the

sandalwood (a prominent ingredient) would be extremely difficult to get now, in anything like that kind of quality.

The cost would be prohibitive.

Belgareth can attest to how hard he had to work just to find good oud. But

there were over a hundred ingredients in Pheros, and some of them are significantly harder to find than

oud.

I will now admit that the follow up to Pheros was going to be a approximate recreation of a scent

commisioned by Napoleon; but my own version. It was quite exciting at the time.

I worked hard for a few months,

but the project ultimately failed. I ran into supply difficulties with the most important ingredient, a fine flower,

and wouldn't settle for second rate quality. I searched everywhere to no avail. I tried many alternatives. I ate

quite a bit of money and time. Such is life in perfuming.

At this point, with how busy I am, I'd have to find a

much simpler way to contribute to the pheromone community.

Marlboro_man
01-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Doc,
I'm sorry to hear

about your financial losses at another fragrance try and really wish it would have worked out for you as I do love

pheros!!!

I guess I will order some of what's left and hope it held up ok.

WorkingMann
01-21-2007, 06:36 AM
Year me too.. Iøm sorry to

hear you spend so much time but got so little profit out of it but again you made a good product that many

love..
But I admit and stand to that I just can't spend that kinda money on the scent when I use as much on mones

and when I can get good fair scents cheaper..
Nothing to do with you or anything...
I just don't have the money

that I feel I can spend on it..
I would really like to try it because so many say it smells good but I just dont

feel I can use those money to "try it" to that price and my money limit.. Perhaps when I'm not longer a student I

will..

I'm sorry to hear about the AE because I really would "love you" if you did :wub::kiss:
But it's okay

and your choise that I respect..
But will you consider talking to them about whether they could make the AE as a

cologne/coverscent only on my behalf?
I've mailed them but they didn't respond so perhaps they would respond to

you as you're in the business..
I'm not the only that would like the scent of AE in a bottle without the mones,

because slickracer in here also would like it.. And perhaps more people..

Will you help me doc?

DrSmellThis
01-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Year me

too.. Iøm sorry to hear you spend so much time but got so little profit out of it but again you made a good product

that many love..
But I admit and stand to that I just can't spend that kinda money on the scent when I use as much

on mones and when I can get good fair scents cheaper..
Nothing to do with you or anything...
I just don't have

the money that I feel I can spend on it..
I would really like to try it because so many say it smells good but I

just dont feel I can use those money to "try it" to that price and my money limit.. Perhaps when I'm not longer a

student I will..

I'm sorry to hear about the AE because I really would "love you" if you did :wub::kiss:
But

it's okay and your choise that I respect..
But will you consider talking to them about whether they could make the

AE as a cologne/coverscent only on my behalf?
I've mailed them but they didn't respond so perhaps they would

respond to you as you're in the business..
I'm not the only that would like the scent of AE in a bottle without

the mones, because slickracer in here also would like it.. And perhaps more people..

Will you help me

doc?The man you want to contact is Phil Stone of Stone Labs (I forget of the top of my head what they

changed their name to). I never met Phil, but I understand he is a nice guy. I can't speak for Bruce, but I bet if

you emailed Bruce he might be willing to forward your comments/questions about AE to Phil. I don't know if Phil

would be interested in selling you some pure scent. It might be too much hassle for him.

Good luck.

WorkingMann
01-23-2007, 04:01 AM
The man

you want to contact is Phil Stone of Stone Labs (I forget of the top of my head what they changed their name to). I

never met Phil, but I understand he is a nice guy. I can't speak for Bruce, but I bet if you emailed Bruce he might

be willing to forward your comments/questions about AE to Phil. I don't know if Phil would be interested in

selling you some pure scent. It might be too much hassle for him.

Good luck.

Actually yesterday I

got my reply from Stone labs.. And he was willing to do this..
And Bruce was willing to sell it as an coverscent

but of course he will have to talk to him to see how much it will costs and if I will be worth the effort..
But I

surely hope..
But else..
Thanks Doc..