PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Present Anyone?

Bruce
12-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Hi

Folks,

Lately, I have taken up the hobby of sending friends books that I have read and have found uplifting

spiritually. I read books from many religions, cultures and origins, from the modern to the ancient from the

scientific to the romantic from the well-grounded to that wacko. In keeping with the holidays, I would like to

offer any Love Scent customer a free book, provided you are really likely to read it. :)

I'll list a few.

You can pick something that looks interesting or just tell me about yourself and I can pick something that seems

like a possible fit.

Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle (very assessable, Buddhist-type stuff)

Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda (fantastic book about yogis and gurus in India, written by a

great Indian yogi; not for newbies probably but easy to read)

Peace is Every Step by Thich Nhat Han (easy

to read SE Asian Budhist philosophy of the power in non-violence)

Sri Ramakrsna and his Disciples by

Christopher Isherwood (great book about the life of an amazing Indian yogi; for the andvanced student of

yoga)

Handbook to Higher Consciousness by Ken Keyes Jr. (70s new-age, self-help book)

I will add more

later....

If you are interested and have placed an order within the last year, send me an email:

bruce(at)love-scent.com and we'll get ya fixed up.

Peace and Love,
B

Marlboro_man
12-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Thank you Bruce for your

kindness yet again!!! Although none of these interest me, I truly appreciate your offer and often envy your heart.

I wish you and your family nothing but the best during this holiday season!!!

belgareth
12-18-2006, 05:47 AM
The Power of Now is a great

book and I recomend it to everybody. Peace is every step is good too. If you are at all interested in philisophical

learning they are both very worthwhile.

Marlboro_man
12-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Are any of these books good

self lessons, or are they more less stories about someone else's lives? I love learning to improve myself through

self help type stuff.

Bruce
12-18-2006, 10:43 PM
I think Power of Now is good for

that. Worth a try anyway. If you don't like it, you can give it to a friend.

Marlboro_man
12-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Bruce,
Thank you for the

insight and I will take you up on your offer then. What info do you need from me in the email?

Bruce
12-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Hi,
Just send me enough info so I

can find your last order. I'll have the book sent to the shipping address on that order.

Peace,
B

Bruce
12-19-2006, 11:36 AM
By the way, I found another book

that is probably even less "religious" in the usual sense of the word and more "self help", but still a very

powerful agent of positive change. It was written back in the 70s. I came accross it in a used book store a couple

of years ago and it helped me a lot.

Handbook to Higher Consciousness by Ken Keyes Jr.

Great book. I'll

add it to the list.

Peace,
Bruce