PDA

View Full Version : Alpha male - what does that mean to you gals?

tenaciousBLADE
12-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I think the title says it all :)
Please girls, women... Share your views.
Say it all in my

face... tell me the most honnest views you have on the term Alpha Male & its' meaning(s).

I'm sure this should

be a great discussion theme. Both women & man alike would have great interest in this matter.

So please... share

share share :whip:;)

------------------------------
Edit Add:
I just read

this thread (http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15859), where the issue of an Alpha-Male

defenition came to be discussed. There aren't many answers\points of view there, but I thought it could be a nice

reference.
Anyhow, the question isn't really answered there... So I still implore you gals to share your own

opinions :D

BTW, belgareth... this may be off topic, but if you're reading this... I've just added something

you said there, into my favorite quotes :thumbsup:
Here it is:

You may notice I rarely presume to give

advice [...] other than recomending a reasonable method of testing [...] or clearly stipulating that this applies to

me only. The same even applies to fields I am considered an expert in, it helps me keep my

big foot out of my big mouth. :goodpost:

slickracer
12-12-2006, 12:12 AM
one thing i have come to

realized with this is that, women finds a 'MAN' that knows what what his 'role' in life is, attractive. if you

have to be told what a 'man' should do, then you are not worthy enough to be one in thier eyes.

i feel bad for

the boys that are being raised by single mothers. but if the father isn't going to be a 'father' then i guess its

best they don't learn form them. i guess everything has to balance out.

i'll give you alittle hint that i have

stumbled upon. check out other animals, after all we are just another animal on this planet, with a different system

and prespective.

tenaciousBLADE
12-12-2006, 02:00 AM
I was a pus once... my

father was once upon a time a friend, but never a `father` (we're ok now though)...
But I learned by myself & with

the help of my best friend, who's a real alpha. He says I'm better than him sometimes... but I don't take it too

much to my ego :)

Anyhow, I'm just wondering about the women's opinions & points of view...
I don't need to

be told how to be a men. But it always helps to know the other sides' point of view ;)

I personaly agree

somewhat with the "I know my role" man usualy being an alpha.
But the question remains: What are the women

saying about it?

Gegogi
12-12-2006, 03:29 AM
Not too many women 'round these

parts for some time now. A few boy's club yee-ha types ran them off.

Rather trying to be a man, alpha or

whatever--that's easy--I focus on being the best at what I do.

tounge
12-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Not too many women

'round these parts for some time now. A few boy's club yee-ha types ran them off.

This is a load of crap. Nobody ran anybody off of here. People come and go on their own accord.

And why don't you post some examples, if you are going to keep throwing out this charge.

Gegogi
12-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Basically a small core of

guys--most of which are now banned--created a female hostile environment, especially with the David D. and I'm

entitled to female attention because I'm a needy man talk. Many discussions degenerated into a boy's lockerroom

with little or no concern for the views of the females involved. I was offended and ashamed of their obvious lack of

perspective on human relationships. And Tounge, if your tone of pen here is any indication of style, you could have

easily offended someone. If you disagree, it is more civil to simply write, "I disagree because of such and such"

rather hurl doodoo (e.g., a pallet-board of feces). Yes, people do come and go on their own accord. Nevertheless,

they often the choice to leave for a good reason. In fairless, I haven't seen it much since all the banning and

fleeing a year or so ago.

belgareth
12-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Now that we've had a chance to

vent, can we please go back to the topic?

tenaciousBLADE
12-12-2006, 09:23 PM
thanks belgareth

gaf
12-14-2006, 04:46 PM
i feel bad for the

boys that are being raised by single mothers. but if the father isn't going to be a 'father' then i guess its

best they don't learn form them. i guess everything has to balance out.

slightly O/T but here

it is anyway...

As a divorced father of two boys 12 & 13, this is exactly the reason why I've moved across

the country to a new city. To be with my kids.
My father was never around and I"m not close to him at all, I

don't want my boys growing up without me wondering who I am... I just don't understand men that bugger off and

start a new marriage elsewhere leaving their children behind, never to see them except for the odd holiday. shame on

them for being so selfish.
OK.
rant over, this is a subject that gets me hopping mad. :frustrate :run:

belgareth
12-14-2006, 08:15 PM
I just don't

understand men that bugger off and start a new marriage elsewhere leaving their children behind, never to see them

except for the odd holiday. shame on them for being so selfish.
OK.
rant over, this is a subject that gets me

hopping mad. :frustrate :run:

Same here. My ex wife is the one that took off and left me with a daughter

to raise. Although, I can't say my daughter is any the worse for it.

tenaciousBLADE
12-14-2006, 09:51 PM
slightly O/T but here it is anyway...

As a divorced father of two

boys 12 & 13, this is exactly the reason why I've moved across the country to a new city. To be with my kids.
My

father was never around and I"m not close to him at all, I don't want my boys growing up without me wondering who I

am... I just don't understand men that bugger off and start a new marriage elsewhere leaving their children behind,

never to see them except for the odd holiday. shame on them for being so selfish.
OK.
rant over, this is a subject

that gets me hopping mad. :frustrate :run: Wow... harsh one :(
I can't help but feel bad for those

children.

Get's me thinking though - those are NOT alpha-males in my book. I have an ex-g/f whos father &

mother got divorsed (mine are too, but that's not the point). Her father got remaried, but didn't stop being a

friend to the mother & even supports her financially as much as he can (he's lucky to be the best in his field or

one of the three; so he's got the money to help).
Now her mother got cancer, and if the father wouldn't be in

such good relations (relatively that is) with the mother... then I presume that my ex would have it much tougher on

her.

So is he an alpha male?
I'm not yet sure.
I know my own defenition - but it's a very demanding

one. I'm an alpha in a few fields, but in others I guess I have so much to work on :\
You know how it is...

:o

As I see it, spreading the genes is not enough. You gotta make sure the children are brought up the right way

& end up being better than you... The genes are NOT the only factor in survival.

Anyway back to the subject - So

we get that going with the "I'm gonna spread my genes & have as many families as possible, without having the care

of being the father charecter" is not necessarily the Alpha-Males' approach.
In my book it's not even close.
But

what is then? (Specially in a womans' point of view) :POKE:

Gegogi
12-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Well, I'm not a "gal" (maybe a

girlie man!). But here's my take on it:

For humans, alpha male does not mean exactly the same thing as it

does in a wolf pack, nor is it the same thing as it was during prehistoric times. However, like a wold pack, a human

alpha male is a leader, err, the top dog. To be top dog requires an intelligent, confident, and successful male with

unusually strong leadership qualities. A guy that really stands out from the crowd. A promiscuous, chest beating

moron is not an alpha male (that's a dickhead loser). A badboy is not an alpha male (the guy getting arrested on

"Cops"). A punk in a nightclub bedding dumb bimbos is not an alpha male (future AIDs patent and car saleman). A

typical alpha male is a high ranking business executive or politician. Think Steve Jobs, Trump or Bill

Clinton.

I believe you can teach leadership skills to some extent. Nevertheless, most of us don't really

have what it takes to be a great leader among men. I suspect some magical combination of genes and environment an

alpha makes. That doesn't mean there isn't a little alpha in most guys. You can be the leader of a tiny

domain--your rock band, sports team or small business. However takes a lot more to rise to the level of a truly

great leader in our society and a full on alpha male.

tenaciousBLADE
12-15-2006, 01:43 AM
Well, I'm not a

"gal" (maybe a girlie man!).
Actually, this thread was originally posted at the women's forum. I guess the

moderators moved it :)

Anyhow, more suggestions\opinions anyone?

Mungojerry
12-15-2006, 11:46 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gaf
12-15-2006, 01:24 PM
To be top dog requires

an intelligent, confident, and successful male with unusually strong leadership qualities. A guy that really stands

out from the crowd. A promiscuous, chest beating moron is not an alpha male (that's a dickhead loser). A badboy is

not an alpha male (the guy getting arrested on "Cops"). A punk in a nightclub bedding dumb bimbos is not an alpha

male (future AIDs patent and car saleman). A typical alpha male is a high ranking business executive or politician.

Think Steve Jobs, Trump or Bill Clinton.

I was going to reply "on topic" but i think this quote

from Gegogi sums up in far better words then I could come up with my take on it all. (sometimes I wish I had a more

academic brain , rather then a practical one) Pity that too many men belive in his examples of what it ain't,

rather then what it is...

tenaciousBLADE
12-16-2006, 11:37 AM
A man

who can control others if he choses, but cannot himself be controlled by anyone else, no matter how much

manipulation is thrown at him.
I like this defenition :)
I wouldn't call it a full defenition, but I like

it a lot :thumbsup:

Mungojerry
12-18-2006, 04:30 PM
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Gegogi
12-18-2006, 05:17 PM
The trouble is, it also describes

the "Lone Wolf." Many lone wolf types could be, or once were, true alphas, that is, leaders among their kind. The

lone wolf thing tends to come with age and fading energy, disillusionment, drinking/drug problems (it's stressful

to be a leader) or poor communication skills.

Of course not every man can or should be an alpha. Otherwise

our society would be in even worse disarray with only Chiefs and no dad burn Indians!

I've noticed in

student lead group projects, a dormant or immature alpha male or female will quickly seize the reins and begin

controlling the group. Those with leadership qualities are immediately apparent. Something I end up with 2 in a

group and they butt heads endlessly. Occasionally there are no alpha personalities and the group fails utterly. The

odd thing is the alpha personality types are usually no more knowledgeable or experienced than the other students.

It's not uncommon for them to lead the other students off a cliff! They simply have the charisma and skills to

organize and direct the other students. Also, the alpha personality is just as likely to be male or

female.

My final observation is the alpha females are usually the most commanding and demanding in their

leadership. They take no prisoners! The guys tend to be more gentle and easy going.

Mungojerry
12-18-2006, 05:54 PM
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Marlboro_man
12-18-2006, 08:35 PM
The alpha male approach I

shoot for is:

That guy that's out in a social setting such as a bar. People walk in make sure they say hi to

him. People always ask his advice. He tends to be the surrounded by alot of people all the time who value him and

respect him. He is honest, true, respectable and sincere.
An Alpha male is a guy who leads by example, has lots

of friends. is well respected and someone who enjoys life. After all this is the kind of person we all want to be

around right?

d3kst3r
12-19-2006, 05:31 AM
My definition of an alpha male

is a man who makes no attempts to pretend to be anything other than what he is and simply doesn't give a damn about

other people's pre-conceptions. An alpha male is a trend setter, not a follower, someone who takes the initiative

not someone who waits. Whether he's a lone wolf or a natural leader, it makes no difference. Some fine examples

would be George Clooney, Brad Pitt's character in Fight Club and Daniel Craig's version of James Bond.

tenaciousBLADE
12-19-2006, 07:10 AM
well, let's see...

I feel it at least covers ground that definitely is within the concept of

alpha male, even if it doesn't flesh out the concept to the boundaries.
Mungojerry,
I feel there might

be some exeptional spesific insidents where this defenition is applied, yet the man remains a non-alpha... like when

someone is in such rage that no one can control him (i.e. he is mad to the bad side).
An example of such a case

could be, as Gegogi mentioned, a "Lone Wolf" gone bad with time.. or with anger... or whatever else can make a man

rot... : \
Now, I know you said

Even so, if you are a lone wolf, but are still beyond the

control or others, but can control others yourself [e.g. make decisions others follow, or stir up emotions in others

minds] then i'd still say you were pretty alpha. Or at least someone whom i'd still aspire to be on those

dimensions
I disagree. An Alpha should also know what orders to give. Morality & such DO

play a part here. A lone wolf that can do as you said, might also give an order to kill 400 people; an order which

the other person would take fully (as we mentioned he can, if he chooses, control others). That WOULDN'T be an

Alpha male's order, yet that lone wolf might give it.
But, I do generally agree to what you said, as they

say there's an exeption to every rule ;)
The only thing I have to add to your defenition then, is that he should

also know how to control himself (and always do it).

"Now I know what an alpha male is, how do

I become one?"

Now, in my opinion, that is far more productive question! ;)

Damn... you are so right LOL
I suggest you start a thread on this question... lead people to this

thread in the first post for ideas, and then ask them your question... I'd be delighted to read the results...

wow... you struck a pot of gold there... :D

Gegogi, your post was interesting... not just the lone wolf part,

but mostly the student observation :goodpost:

Now, about this:

If you can keep your head

when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men

doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by

waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to

hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream -- and not make dreams

your master;
If you can think -- and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and

Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:
If you can bear to hear the truth you've

spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to,

broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools;

If you can make one heap of all your

winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your

beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and

sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in

you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your

virtue,
Or walk with Kings -- nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt

you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving

minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in

it,
And -- which is more -- you'll be a Man, my son!
Wow... wow, WOW,

WOAW!!!
It's so good it makes me wanna curse into the air while putting on a smile that

can never let go.
Wow/
CptKipling... if you're reding this...

It gave me the chills :D
Mungojerry, where is this from? can you link the post please?

:)

The alpha male approach I shoot for is:

That guy that's out in a social setting

such as a bar. People walk in make sure they say hi to him. People always ask his advice. He tends to be the

surrounded by alot of people all the time who value him and respect him. He is honest, true, respectable and

sincere.
An Alpha male is a guy who leads by example, has lots of friends. is well respected and someone who

enjoys life. After all this is the kind of person we all want to be around right?
malboro_man, I see your

view & agree. Yet those were mostly the affects of him being an Alpha, and not the qualities that make him

one.
Think you can rephrase\elaborate? :o

My definition of an alpha male is a man who makes no attempts

to pretend to be anything other than what he is and simply doesn't give a damn about other people's

pre-conceptions. An alpha male is a trend setter, not a follower, someone who takes the

initiative not someone who waits.
d3kst3r, Very interesting. I think, again, this is a partial defenition.

Don't get me wrong here, I myself have also no full defenition. And I like this one a lot :thumbsup:

I'll edit this post later for grammer & mainor corrections, but my time is up :LOL:

Everybody, good posts...

please keep on giving your opinions. They give us all a wider range of view reguarding what an Alpha-Male is (or

female, gegogi... I defenetly agree there is such a thing and hope it's common :)).

ciao... :wave:

Mungojerry
12-19-2006, 08:26 AM
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Marlboro_man
12-19-2006, 10:48 AM
malboro_man, I see your view & agree. Yet those were mostly the affects of him being an

Alpha, and not the qualities that make him one.
Think you can rephrase\elaborate? :o

Well I will list

some qualities that cause such but it's fair to say that these will change depending on location and culture. I

don't believe an alpha male here will instantly be an alpha somewhere else until he EARNS it.
Some qualities:

Honest: obviously needeed
Sincere: to earn the respect of others they must know you care.

Caring: Goes hand and hand with being sincere.
Unique: Someone who people feel they have to get to

know because they instantly can tell your different.
Independent: Not afraid to travel or do alone. It

amazes me how many people I know that won't got to dinner or a mall by themselves.
Individual: Combines

alot of previous stated things but I am using it to refer to style. You appear how you want to and if you believe

in it others will like it to.
Confident: If I need to explain this one to ya the rest is way too

complicated.
Leader: ahh a tricky one. A true alpha male will sit back and allow someone their moment of

glory and then take back over the leadership rule as soon as they are done. IMO 1 of the biggest failures of most

people trying to be Alpha.

Those are some of the qualities that I have seen in alpha males. My word to the wise,

IF you aren't already alpha or close to it then be prepared. You will often be challenged and how you handle it

will confirm or deny your status just like in a wolf pack. NO this does not need to involve a fist fight although

some others may try to take that path with you!

Gegogi
12-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Here's the Wikipedia

definition:

In social animals, the alpha male or alpha female is the individual in the community whom

the others follow and defer to. Where one male and one female fulfill this role, they are referred to as the alpha

pair.

In humans, the alpha male often refers to a man who is powerful or high on the social ladder, similar

to hegemonic masculinity. In Western cultures, the term is sometimes pejorative and describes a man who is overly

masculine and should be feared. The term Omega male (?-male) is an antonym often used in a deprecating or self

deprecating manner to refer to males at the bottom of the social hierarchy.

I think many of you are

listing desirable qualifications of a good man, e.g., moral character and other aspects of personality that make him

a great guy. However, an alpha male is simply a leader, a top dog, a fat cat, the all rich 'n powerful guy on the

hill. And he isn't necessarily a square guy of good morals, love, caring and fairless. Sadly, that all powerful fat

cat that rules over the multitude is more often a kick 'em dem balls, cut-throat, immoral supremely confident

narcissus son of a bitch.

I like the concept of the Omega male. I haven't heard that one before.

Marlboro_man
12-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Gegogi,
That is a wikpedia

definition which is also written by people such as ourselves, as a matter of fact I could go into it right now and

change it completely to what I wanted it to be. Either way the question was "what does it mean to you gals" (or

guys in this case, and that's what I have been answering. We all agree (or at least I think we do) that an alpha

male is a leader who has earned the right to be followed. The question is why do we as individuals follow them? I

know power and money don't influence my decisions but to each their own.

Gegogi
12-19-2006, 12:56 PM
The question is why do we

as individuals follow them? I know power and money don't influence my decisions but to each their

own.

That's 'cause you an alpha man!

As for the wikpedia definition, it's very similar to

the definition taught in college biology courses, so it isn't really out in left field.

I wish I could

ignore "power and money" but it ain't that easy. I ignore Pres Bush but his decisions still filter down into

little-man-land bite me in the ass. Although I'm stuck with the consequences of his decisons, I don't follow or

respect him. Nevertheless, he is the alpha-alpha male of the land, and I can't do jack squat about it.

Marlboro_man
12-19-2006, 02:52 PM
That's

'cause you an alpha man!

Thanks for the compliment, that's about as nice of a thing as you could say to

me!!!:cheers:

I wish I could ignore "power and money" but it ain't that easy. I ignore Pres Bush

but his decisions still filter down into little-man-land bite me in the ass. Although I'm stuck with the

consequences of his decisons, I don't follow or respect him. Nevertheless, he is the alpha-alpha male of the land,

and I can't do jack squat about it.

I look at those people like this. They affect my DAILY life

as much as the weather does and I have no control over it. Therefore I adjust as necessary and realize the only

things that I can control are my interactions with people and the situations that I put myself in.

koolking1
12-19-2006, 03:14 PM
"Nevertheless, he is the

alpha-alpha male of the land, and I can't do jack squat about it.".

I respectively disagree. I would say

that he's in the alpha-alpha male position of all-time but he's hardly alpha himself. With an approval rating of

27%, and that's likely a vast overstatement of the truth, his only followers are people who don't seem to live in

reality. I suspect his approval rating is closer to 10% of the population, if that. That's hardly a leader and

alpha males tend to be leaders. And, you can do something about it by making your opinion known to your elected

representatives but, as well all know, we did that this last election and it hasn't seemed too work well so far.

CptKipling
12-21-2006, 04:43 PM
It is a poem

called "if" by Rudyard Kipling. Its posted on thounsands of sites on the internet.

It is always a good one for

sending a tingle down ones spine!

Hey you could have given me at least a little time to bask in the

adoration! :)

Back on topic...I think that most ideas for an alpha male can be pretty much boiled down to

Mungo's definition.

Cullmanz Own
12-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Confidence. It all boils

down to confidence. If you can find a man that never get's nervous, never shows emotion, and has a handle on his

life and her life then you've found yourself an alpha.

They're very easy to spot. Take a look around a busy

place one day. Look for a man that walks upright with dignity and confidence, has a charasmatic soul about him, and

has slow calculated gestures you've found either a tired alcoholic/drug addict or you've found your alpha.

Beta males are the ones you need to watch out for.

d3kst3r
12-22-2006, 06:20 AM
Could you expand a bit on this

beta male thing?

CptKipling
12-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Beta males exist in a world of

scarcity and thus will compete over...pretty much everything, especially petty stuff. The alpha male just sits back

because he knows he owns everything.

Spiderweb
12-22-2006, 06:43 PM
i saw the header of this post

and just had to chime in...while its admirable to ask a woman her opinion, its not profitable to do so in the area

of attraction, CAUSE A WOMAN HAS NO IDEA WHAT SHE WANTS OR WHAT AN ALPHA MAN IS...LOL.... women will say one thing

and do another...one minute they will like the guy with the muscles, next minute, its the bookworm, next minute, its

the rich guy, next minute, its fabio...seriously, women really have no clue as to what they want, so the only thing

is can agree with is be confident, be yourself and BE SURE that she wants to reciprocate your affections, cause they

are looking to YOU to decide what is best for them...LOL...yeah, i can hear all the ladies screaming out there, but

really, its all in WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT YOURSELF, they will follow your lead...they want your reality to overpower

theirs...if you are wearing that invisible sign on your chest that says "piss on me"..then you need to find a good

source of kleenix cause thats what will happen...the mones will give you a major advantage, but wont override your

self image, only enhance..how valuable you see yourself is how much she will value you.. of course, spraying some

edge around the room doesnt hurt :smite: i agree with Cpt Kipling...

Gegogi
12-22-2006, 06:55 PM
so the only thing is can

agree with is be confident, be yourself and BE SURE that she wants to reciprocate your affections, cause they are

looking to YOU to decide what is best for them...

Actually even confidence goes out the window with

some women. I've known several women--mostly nurses--that preferred whimpy nuttless shells of maniods. Why? They

got off totally on browbeating and bossing them around. I actually dated one for about a week before I decided I'd

rather date Mary Palms than her. Sheesh, her clit was almost as big as my dick. Alas, I know guys that married women

like that and totally lost their personally and self-respect: they walk, talk 'n dress as instructed. They carry

their wifes's purse in public, have a bumpersticker that says "I love my wife" and go shoe shopping together.

They're pussywhips deluxe. And it's more common than we like to admit.

d3kst3r
12-23-2006, 07:13 AM
That's actually a very

insightful post Gegogi. It seems that men who have been in a relationship where they swallowed their pride and

forsaken their masculinity due to their overly strong feelings for women, then have the women betray them will often

develop personalities that are the exact opposite. In this case, they become shameless womanisers in the future and

would rather sleep with and dispose of their women rather than allow themselves to fall in love again. Personally

I've experienced this case and I admit I've become quite a bastard lately. Also a good example of this is the new

movie Casino Royale and the line: "The bitch is dead" at the end.

The same is true for women. After getting burnt

by a man they often develop over feministic tendencies in their later personalities.

tenaciousBLADE
12-24-2006, 07:49 AM
I had not much time to reply this week, so this is (again) gonna be a long

one...:angel:

Originally posted by CptKipling:

Originally Posted by Mungojerry

It is a poem called "if" by Rudyard Kipling. Its posted on thounsands of sites on the internet.

It is always a good one for sending a tingle down ones spine!
Hey you could have given me at least a

little time to bask in the adoration! :)

Back on topic...I think that most ideas for an alpha male can be pretty

much boiled down to Mungo's definition. lol... So it ain't the Cptns work? :o
Well anyhow it's beautiful

:thumbsup:
And don't worry Cpt. you still have my respect lol ;)

Anyhow I agree... Mungojerry's defenition was

the greatest soup that could be boiled :)
Still... I really liked the details in this next post... Check it

out:

Originally posted by Malboro_man:
Well I will list some qualities that cause such but it's

fair to say that these will change depending on location and culture. I don't believe an alpha male here will

instantly be an alpha somewhere else until he EARNS it.
Some qualities:
Honest: obviously needeed

Sincere: to earn the respect of others they must know you care.
Caring: Goes hand and hand with being

sincere.
Unique: Someone who people feel they have to get to know because they instantly can tell your

different.
Independent: Not afraid to travel or do alone. It amazes me how many people I know that won't

got to dinner or a mall by themselves.
Individual: Combines alot of previous stated things but I am using

it to refer to style. You appear how you want to and if you believe in it others will like it to.

Confident: If I need to explain this one to ya the rest is way too complicated.
Leader: ahh a tricky

one. A true alpha male will sit back and allow someone their moment of glory and then take back over the leadership

rule as soon as they are done. IMO 1 of the biggest failures of most people trying to be Alpha.

Those are some of

the qualities that I have seen in alpha males. My word to the wise, IF you aren't already alpha or close to it then

be prepared. You will often be challenged and how you handle it will confirm or deny your status just like in a wolf

pack. NO this does not need to involve a fist fight although some others may try to take that path with you!

GREAT post!
One of the bests replys I ever got.
You state the actual qualities and even explain your

meaning to the detail. Beautiful.
Thanks! :D

Gegogi, what can I say? I disagree. I don't think the

wikipedia defenition is even close to the real thing :blink:
I'd say Malboro_man said it well, and I too would say

that
an alpha male is a leader who has earned the right to be followed
about

this...

Nevertheless, he is the alpha-alpha male of the land, and I can't do jack squat about it.

Pfh... NOT.

Originally posted by koolking1:
I respectively disagree. I would say that he's in the

alpha-alpha male position of all-time but he's hardly alpha himself. Exactly.

I mean... Gegogi,
I agree

about what you say regarding money & power... They can't be so easily discharged. They affect us all in this world.

But still that simply doesn't make them an Alpha male. If you put them in an island without their money... would

they still have the power (AND respect)?
See my point?

Many people with power, money, and even fame, got them

because they're Alpha. But many others get them because they're jerks that just got the chances to step upon good

gentle people (surely not alphas thought lol). If those people had a real Alpha on their side... he would protect

them, not step on`em.

Originally posted by Malboro_man:
I adjust as necessary and realize

the only things that I can control are my interactions with people and the situations that I put myself in.

I'm starting to agree with Gegogi on this here: You are indeed an Alpha my friend ;)

Now for you, Cullmanz

own...

Confidence. It all boils down to confidence. Well, most of it is indeed (among

other things) about confidence. You got that right.
However...

If you can find a man that never

get's nervous, Yes... That one's true.
never shows emotion, and has a

handle on his life and her life then you've found yourself an alpha. No, no, no, no NO!:frustrate
That one

right there is a big mistake yo`!:POKE:
Please don't take this personally, as I'm just trying to help

here...
But dude... That's SO wrong.
An Alpha, not only shows emotions, but he also knows when and

how to show them.
Yes, he has control over his emotions. I'll give you that much (and I'll actually assume

that's what you ment). But just so we have no misunderstandings here... It is important that a person knows

his emotions AND shows them.
He might not show ALL of his emotions, but if he shows NO emotions whatsoever - than

he had lost his will to live and\or comunicate - and therefor is not an Alpha.
Please get this down, my

friend. It's a mistake you don't wanna make. It costs dearly in the long run.
Again, I'm not assuming the

"know-all" role; I'm just trying to help :)

Originally posted by CptKipling:
Beta males exist in

a world of scarcity and thus will compete over...pretty much everything, especially petty stuff. The alpha male just

sits back because he knows he owns everything. Wow, very nice defenition. Short and (so much) to the point

:D
Made me think. This is one to remember :thumbsup:
I realize it should be obvious, yet it's really usefull to

put it in words sometimes.

Originally posted by Spiderweb:
CAUSE A WOMAN HAS NO IDEA WHAT SHE

WANTS OR WHAT AN ALPHA MAN IS...LOL.... LOL... Yeah, I wasn't really going to take the women's reactions

as they are. I ment to analize them a bit using NLP, and see if I can come up with something. What I was aiming for

wasn't so much an answer to the question, but more of a structure. I wanted to see how much do women THINK they

know what they want (granted, men too don't always know what they want). And how confident they are in their

defenition... i.e. If they give a timeless defenition or if they say that it depends on such & such.
However, it

turned out to be a really interesting discussion & I decided to gladfully go along with it

:lol:

Originally posted by Spiderweb:
be confident, be yourself and BE SURE that she wants to

reciprocate your affections, cause they are looking to YOU to decide what is best for them...LOL...yeah, i can hear

all the ladies screaming out there, but really, its all in WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT YOURSELF, they will follow your

lead... I defenetly agree. Not only that, but I myself would look into what a woman thinks about herself, to

decide if she's for me (especially if we're talking about a long-term relationship).
I don't know if they always

want us to take the lead (nor would I always want her to take the lead); but I'm pretty sure they want that

possibility. We all wanna rest from life from time to time (i.e. let someone else lead for a while).

they

want your reality to overpower theirs... Hell Yeah!
well... in a way. I mean, yes, they want your reality

to overpower theirs, as much as they want theirs to overpower yours (and it's about the same from my point of

view). What they want is actually for your realities to blend perfectly. I'm saying this from observation & from

what I myself would want :LOL:

Anyhow, Spiderweb, I'm happy to see you're posting replys in my thread :D
I've

been waiting for this moment.
I've read a lot of your posts & got a very good impression from ya`

:wave:

Gegogi, back to you...

Actually even confidence goes out the window with some women.

I've known several women--mostly nurses--that preferred whimpy nuttless shells of maniods. Why? They got off

totally on browbeating and bossing them around. I actually dated one for about a week before I decided I'd rather

date Mary Palms than her. Sheesh, her clit was almost as big as my dick. Alas, I know guys that married women like

that and totally lost their personally and self-respect: they walk, talk 'n dress as instructed. They carry their

wifes's purse in public, have a bumpersticker that says "I love my wife" and go shoe shopping together. They're

pussywhips deluxe. And it's more common than we like to admit. Yes, I've dated one such for two months.

G*d Damn it, that's a bitch! (in the baddest way possible). The only thing that kept me a man in that relationship

was everything related to sex. She totally bent down in bed. She even brought me another woman to sleep with

:twisted:(one she've already slept with before & knew she likes her p*ssy). But in reallity, I got to the

conclusion those women aren't worth it even if they're the bomb in bed. Too much emotional demage. Seriously...

You don't wanna attract these ones. I'm sure you agree. So better stay on the confidence, so as to not attract

them at all :hammer:
So about that, I second what d3kst3r said :goodpost:

I hope it's ok with everyone that

I've replyed to each and every post this time :o
And keep posting. This has become trully interesting :D

Cullmanz Own
12-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Amen to all that. Back to

this beta male thing. I once saw myself as a beta but now that I've learned that whatever I want, I can get through

hard work and confidence, my need to impress others has died.

Now, I do what I want, and watch others bitch

about it.

tounge
12-24-2006, 01:57 PM
I've learned

that whatever I want, I can get through hard work and confidence, my need to impress others has

died

I've preached this for years around here. Hard work generally leads to success. Being

successful leads to GENUINE confidence. This is the real secret to attracting quality women. Too many people are

afraid of hard work and want instant success by using a pill, an E-book or a pheromone mix. Try the hard work method

and stop worrying about the Alpha-Beta silliness.

And some of you young guys could really learn from old

timer posts like Gegogi's. Yes, they can be somewhat vulgar, but get past that and digest the meat of the wisdom.

bronzie
12-24-2006, 03:53 PM
tongue, how old are you? just

curious...

by the way, merry xmas everyone, or merry holidays for the non-christians

tenaciousBLADE
12-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally

Posted by Cullmanz Own
I've learned that whatever I want, I can get

through hard work and confidence, my need to impress others has died
Good on ya` lad. Great words

:D

Mungojerry
12-24-2006, 05:13 PM
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

tenaciousBLADE
12-25-2006, 05:17 PM
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Only I would change
2)Don't negatively self talkto
2) Positively

self talk.

otherwise, you're using negative words to try & promote positive thinking hehe

still...

:goodpost:

Cullmanz Own
12-25-2006, 09:37 PM
TBlade. You stated what I

ment to comment on. I correct myself in saying that an alpha never shows emotion. What I ment to say was alpha males

never show emotions that most insecure men show such as emotional hurt.When I first began to 'change' myself, I

came to a great conclusion. We humans are tied to almost every aspect of our lives in some form of emotion. Most

NORMAL people (when experiencing a tragic downfall, ex. failing a test) will try to change the outcome of this

situation for the next time. When I fail a test, I study harder for the next one. This emotion of failure pushed me

to change myself. I let it all out all so that the next time a situation arose, I would be able to take control and

overcome this "obsticale".All together, in order for someone to become good at something, they must first fail at

it. SEVERAL times. Common sense right? Some people just don't seem to recognize how easy it is to change

yourself.

tenaciousBLADE
12-26-2006, 05:46 AM
Very good correction.

Well said my friend... The failure should be our friend (and become the change), not our enemy, which we dwell on.

This change of view is something I had to walk through myself...

Mungojerry
12-26-2006, 05:55 AM
cccccccccccccccccccccccc

Marlboro_man
12-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey guys I love this

conversation and we must keep it going as there is a ton of great information being exchanged here. To those of you

who said I am an alpha, THANK YOU, but I also must say that re-reading this thread again I realized that there are

several Alpha's in this thread. Take time to re-read and watch how Alpha male's interact. it's really quite

amazing when you look at the dialogue. Contrary to steroetypical beliefs, it's not the need to argue that makes

you an alpha, rather it's the ability to be listened to while listening to others!!! It would be great if all of

us could get together and interact one time in public for the great alpha expierience and I believe we all would

learn immensely from one another. :cheers:

Marlboro_man
12-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Something I was thinking

about the other day that fits well into this conversation: It's very rare that someone is naturally an alpha.

Normally we go through stages until it just happens and we (if your like me) don't exactly know when it happened

but all of a sudden you look back and say to your self " Wow, I really am a great person and people love me"

I

have a test for everyone to try. Please take it seriously as it will only take a couple of seconds. DON'T read

ahead to the next post until you do this.
Ready,
I simply want you to yell at the top of your lungs

"I Love Myself!"

Marlboro_man
12-26-2006, 09:13 PM
What was your

reaction???
Ok,
Now that you have taken the test I want to share my interpration of the results.
I figure

there are several normal outcomes.
1) you didn't do it because you were too lazy or couldn't yell. Please stop

reading now and try again later.
2) You didn't do it because you think this is stupid= Your choice but you

probably don't want to be better.
3) You did it but either wouldn't shout it or started laughing= Your don't

love yourself enough but keep trying (at least you had the nerve to try).
4) You did it and a very small smile came

across your face= Your on the right track but need more work. Keep on trying
5)Your had a big smile, started

nodding and probably got a fuzzy warm feeling deep inside= You are da man and very confident (chances are you knew

this test before you ever took it)

This is something I used to do to myself everyone once in a while (and still

do) and this really gauges what you feel about yourself on a new level. It's my confidence test and it's the

stages that I went through and it wasn't until I reached that last one until I knew what I was trying to

accomplish.
This is my confidence test (very applicable to this post) and I hope you enjoyed it.

tenaciousBLADE
12-27-2006, 05:35 AM
it's not the

need to argue that makes you an alpha, rather it's the ability to be listened to while listening to

others!!!
I second that one.

Cullmanz Own
12-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I have a great example of

someone insecure. I work in a grocery store as a stockman. We have an employee of Coca-Cola who comes an puts out

coke's stock.

Today I was using a crowbar at work when this particular fella decided he wanted to goof off a

bit. So I joked with him and he laughed. Then I jokingly threatened him with the crow bar.

This man, being in

his late 20s married with kids took me seriously, grabbed me (a 17 year old teenager) by the neck and told me

"Little pricks like you shouldn't be threating someone like me."

I pushed him off of me, and walked away

laughing. He later came back and told me that he was sorry and has a tendency to react to threats.

I have

respect for him for confronting me and appoligizing, but the need to fight seems a bit insecure. I myself have never

been in a fight and don't plan on it. I have no need to fight. Talking works much better.

Marlboro_man
12-27-2006, 08:18 PM
I

second that one.
Hey blade, Did you do the test? Did you know it? What were your results?

Gegogi
01-01-2007, 10:39 PM
He later came back and

told me that he was sorry and has a tendency to react to threats.

Maybe he worked in law enforcement?

They tend to take any threat--even those obviously a joke or "what if"--as a life and death situation. One thing

I've learned in life, it's a bad idea to joke about inflicting serious damage with a crowbar or any other lethal

weapon. Those outside your peers--foreigners, older folks, women. etc--may not know you're joking and act

accordingly.

Mungojerry
01-02-2007, 06:59 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

idesign
07-02-2007, 07:07 PM
This is a fantastic

thread, with so many good comments. Thanks tBlade for cranking it up, and your comments along the way have been

very astute.

However, I've not seen the word humility written in this whole thread. Of course the opposite is

arrogance.

There are alphas in both camps.

An alpha is an alpha, by whatever definition. How that person

handles the position of leadership is really a more important question I think.

Humility is not weakness, it is

strength, and it allows for strength in others, and encourages it. An alpha does not fear the strength of others,

he has the confidence and ability to allow others to succeed under his leadership, and to recognize and assimilate

their strengths.

An arrogant alpha thinks only of himself, in business, in family, in life. Untempered by

humility he may abandon his family, stifle his best employees and die with no friends.

Personally I think alphas

are born and not created, the old "nature vs nurture" question. Either way, I know that a man can be raised to

respect and appreciate the lives around him, then again, an alpha boy is probably a handful!!

Thanks again Blade

for starting what's turned out to be a great thread. Too bad the women never got involved.

Greg