PDA

View Full Version : PI bottle not leting drops out.

blooot
12-04-2006, 06:48 PM
well,

i've got PI today, very excited to try it out. but unfortunatly it doesn't seem like the top is working. i can

litteraly hold the bottle upside down with the cap off, and the droper won't let a single drop threw.

i really

would like to use this droper. but is there anyway to get it to work properly?

is this a common problem? i know

some ppl take the droper off, but i'd like to keep it on and use it if possible.

blooot
12-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Nm guys, i managed to get it to

work. i held it upside down for a few minutes, noticed it was slowly coming down. then a air bubble poped and a big

drop came out. i just rubed it on my adam's apple.

Off to the gym! lets hope for some good results!

Bruce
12-04-2006, 07:01 PM
I've had different results with

different bottles over the years. My first bottle, I had to shake out a miniature shower of very tiny droplets on

to one wrist. I got used to it.

Good luck at the gym.

B

platinumfox
12-05-2006, 06:56 AM
well, i've got

PI today, very excited to try it out. but unfortunatly it doesn't seem like the top is working. i can litteraly

hold the bottle upside down with the cap off, and the droper won't let a single drop threw.

i really would

like to use this droper. but is there anyway to get it to work properly?

is this a common problem? i know

some ppl take the droper off, but i'd like to keep it on and use it if possible.Its always a good idea to

save old AE or NPA bottles or find some other tiny container.I sterilize my old AE bottles and put the PI in

those.

maxo-texas
12-06-2006, 10:03 AM
You need to turn it at a 45

degree angle.

Vertical creates a vapor lock. At an angle, it will come out easily as the liquid can slide out

the bottom and air can slide in the top.

Oceanborn
12-08-2006, 11:20 AM
You need to

turn it at a 45 degree angle.

Vertical creates a vapor lock. At an angle, it will come out easily as the

liquid can slide out the bottom and air can slide in the top.
.. be careful though, when it slides in and

out too much.. you'll get a big mess!

oscar
12-08-2006, 08:44 PM
PI is one of the few products which

comes in a reducer cap bottle that actually IS well matched to its packaging. Alpha-7 and aA314 are a couple of

others.

Those bottles are made to dispense one drop at a time of THICK oil-based products, and it's easy

once you've read the directions.

Hold the bottle between the thumb on one side, and the middle and ring

fingers on the other side with palm facing up.
Slant the bottle to about 45 degrees off vertical with the opening

facing downwards towards where you want the drop to go.
Pull back your forefinger as though it were the hammer of

a revolver and give the bottom of the bottle a quick, firm tap.

Voila! One drop, first time, every

time.

Credit to Oshadhi for actually including dispensing instructions with their fine essential

oils.

DON'T try this with NPA, WAGG, or any of the other alcohol based products which are NOT

appropriate to this type of packaging. You might get a shower.

Oscar :)

smooth312
12-09-2006, 12:37 AM
well, i've got

PI today, very excited to try it out. but unfortunatly it doesn't seem like the top is working. i can litteraly

hold the bottle upside down with the cap off, and the droper won't let a single drop threw.

i really would like

to use this droper. but is there anyway to get it to work properly?

is this a common problem? i know some ppl

take the droper off, but i'd like to keep it on and use it if possible.
To be honest, from my experience I

would recommend taking the top off. Just be careful when you do so to not spill any!

Once you've pulled it

off, buy a medical grade dropper from your local pharmacy...usually you can get 2 in 1 for $5.

The only

problem is that eventually you will spill some PI wherever it is you're applying because the dropper will have

residue on it. Still, it's much easier to control in my opinion.

Also, another thing I did was when i used the

dropper I would put 1 drop onto a piece of wax paper, and then take a toothpick or an unwound paper clip and divide

the drop into portions of 1/2s or thirds. That way you can be more accurate with what you're applying. Lastly,

the one tip about OD'ing is that you shouldn't rub it too vigorously into your application spots - this was my

mistake, I would literally drive it into the skin. Just lightly spread it around...that way, when you're washing

off later it will come off much more easily, even with regular soap/lathering.

Good luck!

smooth312
12-09-2006, 12:40 AM
^ wait...you're going to the

gym with PI?? I don't know about that but PI is strong as it is, and then going to sweat somewhere would be the

last thing on my mind with PI on.

Try a coffee shop or bookstore.

blooot
12-09-2006, 02:07 AM
well from what i keep reading, if

your asian (which i am) i can practicaly swim in it. though i only appied one drop to my adams apple.

Heres my

question. would it be safe for 2 drops in 1 day? say like 1 at 10am? and another at 8pm? same spot too? or should i

put it in a diffrent area

smooth312
12-13-2006, 02:55 AM
^ ah, I didn't realize

you're asian. In that case it's cool I guess. Still, I would be careful about build-up. It may not happen in

the first week, but eventually you will OD, no matter how careful you are.

Just be wary that it's going to

happen. The more you careful you are though, the less it will happen.

Actually, you may want to try

this:

Try to purposely use too much, so much that you notice extreme effects from people. Then, of course, wait

a few days to try over again. But then when you are clear and ready to apply again, use just a little less than

what it took you to OD. I've found - and so have others - that the optimal PI effects are achieved when you are

very close to OD level but not completely OD'd.

As much as OD'ing sucks, you do learn from it, and it really

gives you a good hang of how much to use for optimal effectiveness thereafter.

How did the gym experiment go by

the way?