PDA

View Full Version : Oxytocin Improves "Mind-Reading" in Humans

jvkohl
12-02-2006, 07:55 PM
How might an oxytocin-enhanced "pheromone" product affect the behavior of others? Can it really be

expected to make them trust you? The abstract (URL below) indicates that oxytocin might work by influencing whether

or not you trust them. If so, it would be difficult to classify oxytocin as a pheromone (at least by any

classification that I might

apply).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids

=17137561&query_hl=1&itool=pubmed_docsum

"Our data suggest that oxytocin improves the ability to infer

the mental state of others from social cues of the eye region."

JVK

Watcher
12-03-2006, 02:30 PM
id say my recent testing of liquid

trust ( bottle empty now) gave results that basically its useless on its own and even when used with other products

has pretty well a minimal affect maybe a little more chatty with SOE - that said i probably wont be ordereing liquid

trust in its current form again didnt give me personally enough to make it a regular purchase

If they changed the

products perhaps

Moving onto now results pending. Perhaps oxytocin in regular products in smaller

amounts might be an idea

tenaciousBLADE
12-03-2006, 07:14 PM
I don't get one thing...

or a few actually...
How was the oxytocin given to the subjects?
Internaly (they ate it or were injected with it

or something), or externaly (on skin lotion, or similar)?

And was it there to affect the subject or the person

whos' mind the subject was trying to "read"?

I don't know if that summerry is enough, you know? :think:

But

then again, maybe I just don't have the scientific background to understand it... :think:?
I do understand about

"mind reading" through the eye movements... But I still don't get the reaserch. At least not from that

abstract.
JVK, any idea where we can find the full reaserch report? :)

bronzie
12-03-2006, 07:54 PM
I think it was administered via

a nasal spray. I wouldnt want to spray LT up my nose on a regular basis thats for sure.

tenaciousBLADE
12-03-2006, 08:06 PM
LMAO... Nope... me

neither.
Q. is... was the purpose to affect the subject of the "readed mind"er...?

Bruce
12-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Definitely don't try this with LT,

but they sprayed the Oxy up the nose as Bronzie said. The study seems to show that the use of Oxy increases ones

ability to read minds (via visual cues). Very interesting to say the least.

B

tenaciousBLADE
12-04-2006, 01:56 PM
So then... adding Oxy into `mone products doesn't sound like such a great idea... does it?

:think:

I mean, it's not for the people around to smell (or rather sniff), but for te person using the

`mones...
JVK... what was your initial purpose? to give the `mone-user the ability to `read minds` easier, or to

give that ability to the people he's trying to attract? :o

platinumfox
12-04-2006, 04:37 PM
How might an

oxytocin-enhanced "pheromone" product affect the behavior of others? Can it really be expected to make them trust

you? The abstract (URL below) indicates that oxytocin might work by influencing whether or not you trust them. If

so, it would be difficult to classify oxytocin as a pheromone (at least by any classification that I might

apply).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids

=17137561&query_hl=1&itool=pubmed_docsum

"Our data suggest that oxytocin improves the ability to infer

the mental state of others from social cues of the eye

region."

JVK
It's more like being more observant and perceptic than

mind reading I think.Sometimes you can just read a person's mind without them saying a word its called body

language.You constantly hang around people and you pick up things I can read people easily doesn't mean I'm always

right but most the time I am.I can pick up on horny and bigoted people the best.

jvkohl
12-04-2006, 08:56 PM
JVK...

what was your initial purpose? to give the `mone-user the ability to `read minds` easier, or to give that ability to

the people he's trying to attract? :o

Mind-reading ability wasn't a part of my SoE product

development consideration. I've developed an accepted mammalian model that includes how human pheromones enhance

our natural scent signature to make us "look" better to others. Details are in a series of journal publications that

post-date my 1995 book (which was updated in 2002).

I brought up the oxytocin study in hopes that more people

will question the product claims, and try to find scientific support for them--regardless of the product. I'm

disgusted with market strategy designed to make people think that any compound associated with behavior is a human

pheromone.

JVK

tenaciousBLADE
12-04-2006, 09:43 PM
It's more like being more observant and perceptic than mind reading I think.Sometimes you can just read a

person's mind without them saying a word its called body language.You constantly hang around people and you pick up

things I can read people easily doesn't mean I'm always right but most the time I am.
Of course P.Fox,

that was obvious to me; dealing with NLP daily, I too `read minds` a whole lot. Coming to think about it, I did even

before my NLP training.
Not that I disreguard what you're saying - It's an important thing to

emphasize.
hehe, usualy, when people get horny nearby I can more easily comunicate with`em too... They should all

be horny most of the time IMO ;)

I brought up the oxytocin study in hopes that more people will question

the product claims, and try to find scientific support for them--regardless of the product.
So JVK, you

were kinda` sarcastic bringing this study up... did I get you right?

I'm disgusted with market strategy

designed to make people think that any compound associated with behavior is a human pheromone.
LOL Yeah,

I'm with ya` on that one. Which is one of the reasons I'm so glad to have found these forums. They helped me

tremendously, in my quest for some darn answeres.
I mean, I found L-S while doubting a phero`-product.

smooth312
12-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Wow, very interesting read,

thanks for posting this jvkohl!

Contrary to what others have posted, I have experienced Liquid Trust to be one of

the most solid products I've owned...it's definitely up there with SOE/NPA/PI.

I've never experience

"mind-reading" or anything, but TRUST is a very great description of what happens when I wear the stuff. I guess,

in a way, when you do trust someone, you are more conscious of their feelings or viewpoints...and this is something

I have noticed with LT...

I'm going to order another bottle soon.