PDA

View Full Version : Forthcoming presentation/review article/book chapter

jvkohl
11-06-2006, 09:01 PM
The following review will be published within the next few months in the journal indicated, and

concurrently published as a book chapter.

Kohl, JV (in press) The Mind's Eyes: Human Pheromones,

Neuroscience, and Male Sexual Preferences. Journal of Psychology & Human Sexuality, Vol 18

(4):313-369.

http://www.haworthpress.com/store/Toc_views.asp?sid=BHPDKF23AUXU8G4E0XCM5PH7V06J8NPF&TOCNam

e=J056v18n04_TOC&desc=Volume%3A%2018%20Issue%3A%204
http://0-www.haworthpress.com.innopac.lib.bcit.ca/

store/product.asp?sid=R765FR0E9LEX9KGMM7DW2ACFJJ7WA2WA&sku=5973&detail=Contents

I will be presenting

this review at the annual meeting of the Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality in Las Vegas, NV on Sunday,

November 12, 2006 as a powerpoint presentation during a one hour continuing education concurrent session. The

powerpoint presentation is geared for an audience of non-neuroscientists. mostly psychologists. I will also be

hosting an exhibit for . Those of you who may be interested in attending the conference, or checking

out the exhibits will find conference info at the following

URL.

http://www.sexscience.org/events/index.php?category_id=497

Anyone who is interested in

up to date information about the role of pheromones in human sexuality now has some additional resources to check

out.

JVK

jvkohl
11-13-2006, 08:28 AM
My presentation went very

well, with no empty seats in a room capacity of about 50 people. During the Q&A, and throughout the conference, I

was impressed with the number of attendees who are interested in practical applications of pheromones. Primarily,

therapists are wondering how pheromone-enhancement might help to alleviate "relationship" problems. This is good

sign. Though many people will never have a full grasp of the neuroscience behind my products' development, there

are now many more people willing to discuss the remarkable potential for therapeutic affects--as compared to

traditional approaches to behavioral affects.

JVK

gaf
11-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Dr,
Are any of these presentations

available on line (video?) , I tend to get a bit lost when reading this stuff but am interested in your research.

Great to hear that people are willing to listen with an open mind with regards to your findings etc. Keep up the

good work!

bronzie
11-13-2006, 04:43 PM
good stuff JV, very noble

cause..

jvkohl
11-13-2006, 10:46 PM
I may edit the video of the

presentation to be downloaded, but am unfamiliar with how to downsize the file. May also post the powerpoint slides

to my site(s). No way to be sure until after I've returned home and caught up on other things. I'll try to post

here when I've added anything, but it's still a good idea to check out my domains from time to

time.

JVK

Dr,
Are any

of these presentations available on line (video?) , I tend to get a bit lost when reading this stuff but am

interested in your research.
Great to hear that people are willing to listen with an open mind with regards to

your findings etc. Keep up the good work!

jvkohl
11-13-2006, 10:51 PM
good stuff JV, very

noble cause..

Thanks. I've already received very positive feedback from several people who attended.

Since the presentation was for continuing education credits, I will also receive copies of evaluations from many

attendees, who are always invited/expected to evaluate the presentation and

content.

JVK

xvs
11-18-2006, 12:01 AM
I may edit the video of

the presentation to be downloaded, but am unfamiliar with how to downsize the file.

I'd love to see

your lecture.

This information and free tool may be helpful in resizing and compressing your video:

http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/vdub-filters.htm

Let me know in msg if you need any

hints.

Tiger4
11-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Good. I was wondering if you've

run accross any police interrogators, FBI, CIA or other government officials who may have ideas for experimenting

with pheromones in getting the truth out of people or influencing others?

My presentation

went very well, with no empty seats in a room capacity of about 50 people. During the Q&A, and throughout the

conference, I was impressed with the number of attendees who are interested in practical applications of pheromones.

Primarily, therapists are wondering how pheromone-enhancement might help to alleviate "relationship" problems. This

is good sign. Though many people will never have a full grasp of the neuroscience behind my products' development,

there are now many more people willing to discuss the remarkable potential for therapeutic affects--as compared to

traditional approaches to behavioral affects.

JVK
(http:///)

jvkohl
11-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Good. I was

wondering if you've run accross any police interrogators, FBI, CIA or other government officials who may have ideas

for experimenting with pheromones in getting the truth out of people or influencing

others?

Not yet. Several years ago, I was asked to address a law enforcement

audience with regard to any potential to increase their awareness of subtle changes in scent that might precede

violence against an enforcer. Nothing materialized-though some enforcement officers seem to have an ability to

somehow predict such things, and evade the consequences--or so I was

told.

JVK