PDA

View Full Version : Jovan Musk for men

**DONOTDELETE**
01-25-2002, 06:58 PM
Is this colonge good? With what product could I mix it with? I have NPA so far so that is what I\'ll try it with. There selling it at ebay. Also do you think this is a use daily for college kind of fragrance or more formal. here\'s the link to the ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1692562938 (\"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1692562938\")
DSalsa images/icons/smile.gif

Bruce
01-26-2002, 07:22 AM
I get requests for this stuff by e-mail at least a couple of times per month. I would be very curious to smell it after all this talk. There is at least one long thread on the topic around here somewhere. The product as you probably know has been out of stock for a while, and the remaining bottles are being scalped here and there. I would be interested in a bottle myself, but I wonder if there isn\'t a chance of getting a bootleg version on Ebay.
Bruce

Bruce
01-26-2002, 07:38 AM
Hi Again,
Just had a look at this auction, and realized I made a major blooper. The out of stock product I was refering to in my last post is \"Andron\" by Jovan. This Jovan \"Musk\" can be purchased in Target or just about anywhere. Anyone know the home page of this company in NY selling in Ebay here? Seems pretty cheap and the shipping is cheap too.
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
01-26-2002, 10:23 AM
thanks for the input Bruce. But does it smell good?

**DONOTDELETE**
01-26-2002, 03:47 PM
I have some bottles of the Jovan Musk2 cologne and aftershave, which I\'m no longer using. Never seemed to get much results for me, though it smells nice.

Whitehall, so how did you assess that Musk2 contains very little pheromones, while Andron does? Both are reputed contained androstenol, which I heard does not have strong smell (?).

**DONOTDELETE**
01-26-2002, 04:00 PM
I was reading this study on pig pheromones and they talked about NONE and NOL. They said that nol has a musky scent and it is contained in any fragrance that smells musky but just very little of it. The rest is the fragrances so then that Andron must have had more NOL than others but I don\'t think enough to produce the strong-effects that we look for in this site. But of course it would have an influence.
I\'ll see if I can find that site. I think I tiped androstenol, or androstenone or androsterone into google.com . If anyone is interested.
They also said that it was NONE that metabolized into RONE and NOL inside the pig\'s body!! images/icons/shocked.gif and then the RONE and NOL worked as pheros. I could be wrong because I don\'t remember that well but I\'ll check it out.
Latz images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
01-26-2002, 06:38 PM
Andron was the first pheromone based
product that I used. It was very good and produced excellent results. I have not been capable of locating it for some time. I purchased the last bottles at a Flea Market. I am interested in locating it at a good price.

jvkohl
01-26-2002, 08:26 PM
Dalesalsa:

Hope you can find that site. I\'ve never seen anything on the NONE to RONE conversion, and am very interested in any research.

\"Andron\" was what everyone remembered when I first started presenting to general audiences (circa 1993). At the time, I\'d just received samples of Realm and of Jovan Musk2 and neither seemed to be overly appealing to my first few audiences. Then after a year or so, I learned that Jovan Musk2 was no longer being marketed. I tried to find out why but the pres. of Quintescence referred me to their marketing dept. and no one there seemed to know anything about its withdrawal. Strange, since this was the same as with Andron.

I\'ve been approached twice now in the past 6 months by a major cosmetic/fragrance company with regard to product development, and can expect that one of the larger companies will come up with something soon.

Whitehall
01-26-2002, 11:28 PM
What I meant to convey was that Andron had a stronger musk scent but then it has lot\'s of animal stuff like castoreum so maybe I can\'t correctly identify civet scent glands from tiny deer scent glands. I can\'t (and didn\'t) say that Andron had more aNOL than Musk2. I just don\'t know - the scents are considerable different.

I will say that where full-on raunchy is the scene, where the females are slutty and proud of it, Andron and NPA would be my weapon of choice.

Whitehall
01-26-2002, 11:49 PM
Maybe you\'re thinking of Jovan Musk2, which is supposed to contain aNol. I bought a bottle of the aftershave for $10 from Paris Fragrance over the net about two weeks ago. The thread on this is \"The H-Bomb\" which started about Jovan Andron.

Musk2 aftershave has a tenacious musk scent but little in the way of pheromones as far as I could tell. I tried to mix with NPA but first batch had too little NPA so I\'ve made up a new one with a higher ratio of NPA but I haven\'t field tested it yet.

My basic complaint about Musk2 Aftershave is that it smells \"thin\" - it lacks the complexity of top, mid, and base notes we\'ve come to expect from fine colognes and fragrances. Still, it does smell of musk and it does hang in there for a while.

A big issue that few have seemed to pick up on is that almost all commercial \"musk\" fragrances are synthetic chemicals, much like our \"vanillin\" vs \"vanilla extract\" discussions. So how does the chemistry differ between \"musk\" products? I wish I knew. I do think that Jovan Andron had the real deal in it - it very much smells of animal.

Does it smell good? For $10 it\'s a deal but if you have a bigger budget, there must be better \"musk\" scents out there. I\'d keep looking. Musk2 is cheap and discontinued for a reason.

Andron is a different story - it would be my choice to mix with NPA and then go find some lap dancers.

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: Whitehall ]